5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:01 AM

Sway Bars

Anyone have some suggestions for various sway bars that've had success with? I'm running stock GLE and I'm looking to get rid of some body roll when merging, off ramps, etc. I hear RSB is the way to go. I was checking e-bay but they'res just a million and a half various kinds some cheapo some not so cheapo. Was wondering from people who have purchased off e-bay what kind of success they've had and who they'd recommend. I'm looking for the bars that are easy to install. I dont want the one that goes in the trunk.

Thanks fellas.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:38 AM

most will agree that you should just get the rear sway bar. You should check the for sale section because theres always someone selling their sway bar for a good price. Though the brackets might take some banging around to get them to fit easily (like mine did), a sway bar is a sway bar so getting it used shouldnt make a difference.

Btw they're all easy to install.

lift car, unbolt the brake line, put on the side brackets, put on the sway bar, rear brackets (if applicable) rebolt the brake like and you're done. you could remove the rear wheels to make the job easier if you want. Take this from someone who never modded before the max. If you can open your car door, you can install you can install a sway bar, unless you're stupid in which case you shouldn't be driving in the first place.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by DJ2Max
most will agree that you should just get the rear sway bar. You should check the for sale section because theres always someone selling their sway bar for a good price. Though the brackets might take some banging around to get them to fit easily (like mine did), a sway bar is a sway bar so getting it used shouldnt make a difference.

Btw they're all easy to install.

lift car, unbolt the brake line, put on the side brackets, put on the sway bar, rear brackets (if applicable) rebolt the brake like and you're done. you could remove the rear wheels to make the job easier if you want. Take this from someone who never modded before the max. If you can open your car door, you can install you can install a sway bar, unless you're handicapp in which case you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Thanks, Dont bash on handicaps though thats not cool. Their are plenty of people who can drive fine w/handicaps of various forums.

I checked FS Stuff for 5th Gen Max's and no luck. Anyone have e-bay suggestions? Or other suggestions from other sources?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:03 PM

look for a used Progress bar, it's cheap, simple, and most common........don't spend more than 100 used, cuz they're only like 130 or so new so be ware, could be had for 50 easy just keep browsing.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 PM
is invisible

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=419085

Bought the Progress RSB from custommaxima.com and just put it on. Only problem was that it took custommaxima.com over ONE MONTH to ship the thing.
Get an FSTB while you're at it; ebay has several cheap ones, cutommaxima has one too (that arrived in 2 days)
Old 07-25-2005, 02:15 PM
scopium

i have a rsb for sale if u want..