5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

System got stolen... sad story...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Sanduguero

System got stolen... sad story...

Well....boys and girls, I got Jacked....my whole setup was stolen about a month ago, I just felt soooo bad that i didnt want to post..... I just told a couple of friends about it... let the pictures do the talking.....

I feel better since I let a whole month go by....

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...301033_161.jpg

I would like to keep the location out of the post, so dont ask me where it was.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:08 PM

damn, ur set up looked really good to... but i feel ur pain.. Same thing happened to me christmas eve, but what can you do? condolences
Old 05-02-2005, 10:21 PM

damn playero im sorry to hear. I hate the NY area, they will steal anything.. even a sidemarker just to have it. If you need help getting some new items just let me know, im local and will be glad to help you get back on your feet
Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by nyautostyle
damn playero im sorry to hear. I hate the NY area, they will steal anything.. even a sidemarker just to have it. If you need help getting some new items just let me know, im local and will be glad to help you get back on your feet

Thanks!
I am up and running, everything is just waiting for a new design, I will include a snake in the trunk area in my next setup... to the next thief that wants to **** with my I&)(#& lol

I am going even stronger this time! I dont let that stop me but trust me i will not leave my car anywhere....anymore... (I feel like it was my fault some how)
Old 05-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear, hope ur insurance would cover ur loss.

Didn't your Viper alarm go off when thieves crack opened the door?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:27 PM

wait so your headlights were stolen too?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by wcasskicker
Sorry to hear, hope ur insurance would cover ur loss.

Didn't your Viper alarm go off when thieves crack opened the door?

You see thats where i blame myself whats the purpose of having an alarm if you cant hear it or feel it.... i didnt had it in vibrate...(dumb me) the alarm did its job...but i didnt do mine.....

They stole all my amps components pro wiring, eclipse radio ripped my carpet stole my TVs along with my headrest it was a real nightmare but the insurance covered almost everything...98.9% which i am more than happy.

The radio wont work with out the ESN CD...waste of time...

My best advise to all owners out there regarless where you go, dont let your guard down, Pay for parking when you are in the city or better yet pay when you are not in your own parking garage.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:40 PM

sorry to hear about that man..

wow, i'm suprised your insurance covered all the aftermarket stuff...
Old 05-02-2005, 10:43 PM

As long as you file everything under insurance it should cover must of the items. I'm glad to hear it was covered more than 75% of the items, im suprised
Old 05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Sanduguero

As long as you file everything under insurance it should cover must of the items. I'm glad to hear it was covered more than 75% of the items, im suprised
well it depends... I didnt had anything filed with them i just provided receipts and installer shop and they cover everything i had proof of. Now thats one time deal, I think they will not cover me on the next occasion (knock on wood) that wont happen again, they werent loving the price of the bill....
Old 05-02-2005, 10:53 PM

I wish they would cover my wheels before they had gotten destroyed. wonder if i show a recent if they would cover it? i highly doubt it.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Playero
You see thats where i blame myself whats the purpose of having an alarm if you cant hear it or feel it.... i didnt had it in vibrate...(dumb me) the alarm did its job...but i didnt do mine.....

They stole all my amps components pro wiring, eclipse radio ripped my carpet stole my TVs along with my headrest it was a real nightmare but the insurance covered almost everything...98.9% which i am more than happy.

The radio wont work with out the ESN CD...waste of time...

My best advise to all owners out there regarless where you go, dont let your guard down, Pay for parking when you are in the city or better yet pay when you are not in your own parking garage.

Glad insurance cover most of ur stuff. I know how much you were pissed when you first saw the damage, u must feel like a dagger stabbing your heart.

Since you've experienced the incident, give members some suggestions to protect their hardwork. For e.g.

1. Always install viper alarm when you have expensive HU or in-dash TV

2. Tell shop to customize detachable clips on those expensive in-dash tv and HU, so you can take it with you when you get off the car.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by wcasskicker
Glad insurance cover most of ur stuff. I know how much you were pissed when you first saw the damage, u must feel like a dagger stabbing your heart.

Since you've experienced the incident, give members some suggestions to protect their hardwork. For e.g.

1. Always install viper alarm when you have expensive HU or in-dash TV

2. Tell shop to customize detachable clips on those expensive in-dash tv and HU, so you can take it with you when you get off the car.
sure,

This is a Good Idea!
Tell shop to customize detachable clips on those expensive in-dash tv and HU, so you can take it with you when you get off the car

1. I dont think all thiefs now technology like we do...ESN Security? a crack head dont know so they will steal anything in your whip that looks valuable...

2. Just like people say if a thief wants it they will get it unless you choose to get some snakes or pitbulls and have them reside inside your whip.

3. Is the most important Is Location, location location.

4. Invest in a good alarm and dont disregard alarms notifications.

5. Use secure parking trust me even if you park in the city for 50 bucks at nite is not worth it finding your car in the conditions I found mine.

6. If you have a 2k2 or 2k3 and feel more comfortable because we have Datadots....you might be in for a suprise, although the kit ripped the bottom of the headlights they did not get the ballast...but they were really after those lights.... I dont care how much you guys dont want to discuss this subject but as long as you live in the northeast we will have that hunting us for the rest of the ownership of our vehicles... My 2 Cents

one more year and i am getting rid of this headache...

Playero
Old 05-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Curb Rash Repair 100 a wheel

when you tell your insurance company you have all the aftermarket parts, do your rates go up or anything?? or is it just a matter of filing??

man sorry to see your car messed up like that, you have a GREAT system. well now its a chance to go bigger and badder!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:31 PM

Cali has been having a BIG BIG problem as of late with audio systems. I know 5 people in the past two months that got there system stolen. Areas were ontario, fontana, moreno valley and san berdo.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:36 PM

5 is a big problem? u should come to queens just for one day, you would be amazed at what goes on in NY.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:39 AM
Sanduguero

5 is a big problem? u should come to queens just for one day, you would be amazed at what goes on in NY.

This incident happen while i was eating in a restaurant in the Bronx....yeah THE BRONX...if you dont have business in the bronx dont go there. That was my fault.....anyways you live and learn....the hard way....
Old 05-03-2005, 06:42 AM

Damn Jairo, that sucks. I want to hear this new system you have going in. Never got to hear the system with the Arc Audio amps and stuff.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:44 AM

Wait, they left your TDX subs?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by Maxima112
when you tell your insurance company you have all the aftermarket parts, do your rates go up or anything?? or is it just a matter of filing??

man sorry to see your car messed up like that, you have a GREAT system. well now its a chance to go bigger and badder!
Maxima112: Is hard to tell since all insurance companies work different I know if you have Full cover they should cover you under there comprehesive policy...my advise is do it gradually tell them perhaps you have a Eclipse HU and see if your premiums go up...Mines did not go up since i never told them and also they never required it.. But the Most important is keep Pictures and keep receipts, i took the pictures and recipts and they covered everything.

PS I am going even stronger this time! 4 amps new subs...etc...
Old 05-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by MacAlert
Wait, they left your TDX subs?

lol Not because they didnt want to, is because they had soooo much **** that a big box like that would of taken too much time. to take out....thats my theory...

I think it was more than one dude... who knows....
Old 05-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by Maxima112

hey Maxima112: Whats the offset on those wheels? I love those wheels!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:55 AM

Sorry about your misfortune Playero. The more I read about HID theft with the 5.5G in our area, the more I'm considering returning my Maxima to stock and trading up.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:15 AM

That sux man, makes me scared to bring my car to the city areas. Glad all worked out with the insurance though. Cant wait to see the new and improved setup!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:43 AM

Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. I know in cali, cars and systems are stolen all the time. What I was bringing to cali members attention is I know 5 close friends (not just some people I know) got systems stolen in a 6-7 week period. Two of which got there car stolen stripped. Duh NY has a problem because it is a huge city, but I am talking about several different SMALL cities. Systems getting stolen out of there drive way, at work, the mall and places where there are many people. during most of the day. I am not even talking about LA because it is a big city and it is expected that anything will get stolen if left for more than an hour, that's a given.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
XGaSpAcHo

that sucks dude. sorry to hear about that. i had someone try to steal my headlights when i was 100 feet away from the main entrance to macy's in roosevelt field. some people have no regarg for someone else's property.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by XGaSpAcHo
that sucks dude. sorry to hear about that. i had someone try to steal my headlights when i was 100 feet away from the main entrance to macy's in roosevelt field. some people have no regarg for someone else's property.
I am sorry to hear about your losses guys. I need advice on how to beef up the factory alarm. I hear you on the other tips but what other things car be done about breaking into the car and preventing headlights being stolen?

Thanks ahead of time,
Gears
Old 05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Somebody that you know did this to you....... so keep an eye on them.....
Old 05-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Curb Rash Repair 100 a wheel

hey Maxima112: Whats the offset on those wheels? I love those wheels!
thanks! they are 38mm. one of these days they will have black spokes and a silver lip, if i ever get tired of the rims.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:28 PM

i say we just go on a hunt for every1 of those ba.stards that have stolen anything on a maxima cross country, tar and feather all of them, man i feel ur pain but atleast u had it insured, if that happend to me id be up f.ucks creak
Old 05-03-2005, 06:32 PM

i would kick anybody *** that seemed suspiscious. I feel your pain amn my buddy got jecked to in his own driveway. I f**king hate people like that...GET A GOD DAMN JOB AND PAY FOR IT YOURSELF and DONT STEAL OTHER PEOPLE PRIDE AND JOYS...c**ks.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:50 PM

OOOUchhh trust me, I feel ur pain thats why ALARMS very sensitive dont care if my neighbors complain about my alarm and I NEVER have my key on vibrate, I was messing with a chick in the bx, as good as that couch was, I couldnt feel comfortable out there but Queens is notorious for stealing anything of a car.....but anywayz best of luck, tomorrow I am going to call my insurance..........good think u had insurance covering the aftermarket.....

oohhh last thing BE VERY CAREFULL with those custom shops, pay cash cause they will track u down if u pay with credit and remove anything that might have ur address...
Old 05-03-2005, 06:57 PM

thats sucks man, sorry to hear that. i dont know how it feels to have your car broken into, but i bet you were pretty pissed and sad to see your max like that. and wonderin (what is this world coming to?). i did get one (1) of my clear sides stolen once, and i was pretty pissed about that. glad your ins covered it and i hope you recover well.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:36 PM

when i had the camry, they stole about $1200 worth of audio equipment out of my car. insurance covered most of it, minus 10 percent of depreciation. if you can show them that everything was phiscally mounted in the car, they should cover it. the head unit obiously was. the amps were bolted to the back of my back seat, and the subwoofer enclosure was bolted to the bottom of my trunk. the estimator came, and i showed him all the mounting holes, and the brackets which held my sub box. they did not even question anything. i did not have receipts for some of this stuff, so they just looked at comparable items, and deducted something like 20% off the retail price. i worked at an electronics store when i bought the original stuff, so i actually made out on the deal. the markup on car audio is incredible, almost 1/2 off retail on most things, especially wiring and other accessories.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:45 PM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by Lowkey718
oohhh last thing BE VERY CAREFULL with those custom shops, pay cash cause they will track u down if u pay with credit and remove anything that might have ur address...
a friend of mine knew a guy who had big fancy alarm put on at a custom shop. two weeks later his car (which had a lot of mods) was stolen from his own driveway. the cops found it in front of the house of a guy that works for the shop as he was taking the thing apart. turns out he made a copy of the key.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by XGaSpAcHo
a friend of mine knew a guy who had big fancy alarm put on at a custom shop. two weeks later his car (which had a lot of mods) was stolen from his own driveway. the cops found it in front of the house of a guy that works for the shop as he was taking the thing apart. turns out he made a copy of the key.

Thanks everyone!

As far as addreses my credit car is billed to a different address where i dont reside at, i was smart about that but is true....shops have shaddy business out there.....

On another note I am going to have a shop seal my trunk and remome the remote button to open it. that will make it harder for thiefs.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
XGaSpAcHo

On another note I am going to have a shop seal my trunk and remome the remote button to open it. that will make it harder for thiefs.

either that or **** them off enough to **** up your car even more.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:43 PM

Damn i feel ya pain...My factory rims got robbed and was sittin on some crates a couple weeks ago. Went and bought some 20" chromes with the insurance money. and today i just found out who did it. I don't know the person but im going to get my rims back and do a lil damage.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:03 PM

Will your insurance go up if your car got jack?
Old 05-04-2005, 03:45 AM

im glad i live in a place where these stolen systems and carp parts isnt very common. I would cry the biggest river if anyone even touched my car let alone steal things that i worked hard to buy and put on it.

Quick Reply: System got stolen... sad story...