5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

@#$%ed up my MAX!!! Grrr...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 06:42 PM

@#$%ed up my MAX!!! Grrr...

Ok, after 3 years of driving my baby i finally @#$%ed it up... long story made short...

Yesterday night it was raining like hell here. I am leaving my girlfriend's house and she warns me about being careful on the road, adn apparently jinx me!!! As I am driving home about to get on the freeway, i start making a left turn on a protected intersection. I was going with ABSOLUTELY NORMAL speed into the turn and do not even suspect that a couple of days ago some @$$hole dropped a bucket of white paint in the middle of intersection. The paint dried and when it started to rain turned the intersection turned into an ice skating park. Well my max did not have it's skates on that day and slid right into a 5 inch concrete curb going about 15mph. And all that with my new set of rims with 235/40/18s on them. Grrrr. My rim hit the curb at a parralel angle bending my passenger lower control arm and left my max helpless on the road. It does drive (not very well though) but i had to get it towed.

When cops came I asked them to make a report so that my insurance agency could file a claim aginst the city but of course they were in a hurry to a donut shop on the corner and said that they can do nothing to help me.

I got a new control arm on ebay today for $120 shipped 2nd day mail. Should be here on Wednesday. I am just so nervous because i am not sure how extensive the damage really is. I looked at the whole hub assembly and the only things that seems @#$%ed up is the control arm. I'll need luck!!!

BTW, the dealer wanted $321.27 for the control arm.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:15 PM

sorry to here that man yea cops sux. iam one but the other ones still suck, how can they just walk away from that u have a right to file a complant against anyone. i would take pictures send them to the insurence company and also go to the police dept and make a complaint on them not helping u and maybe with luck they will let u file a complaint, and mybe evan agree with u about the ice skating rink. bad cops were the good ones when u need them o yea wainting for u behind a tree to give u a ticket fo going 69 in a 65 lol jk good luck.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:23 PM

yeah, take pictures. Its good cops like the kid and some of the org members who give good advice. A cop gave me a ticket once because the car next to me had a screwed up belt and made a high screeching noise.. and some old a$$ fat cop pulled me over and said I was doing a burnout. I really hate cops who dont know what the hell they are doing.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:26 PM

I am just so pissed off right now...

I do not know if my rim got bent when i hit the curb because it looks straight, but the force of impact impairs my ability to determine of it really is alright or not. yeah, it is scratched like hell, but as long as i can drive on it, i can live with it. besides i was just planning to order my suspension tommorow and BOOM out of nowhere $120 for nothing. I just hope that the only thing that went south is my control arm otherwise i might go on a rampage against paint trucks in the area...
Old 02-28-2005, 07:41 PM

lol yea but try and take youre rim to a tire place and see what they say a trusty person also iam with u on the paint trucks i would do the same as for youre suspension i know its not right but if u could get youre insurence to pay for some stuff that maynot be broke to much but could be replaced u could always upgrade if u know of a good body shop friend. i know its not the same thing but my mom crashed her jeep and there wasnt much wrong but my buddy owns a body shop well we got some new aftermarket rims and big a** tires and some other kool misc stuff and me payed half of what it would cost wholesale lol i hope i gave u at least a smile today cause i fell ure pain i had my car for 1 year and when i went to basic my mom crashed 10gs to the front end of a lexus truck 10 doller buff to the truck 10 gs to the max at a 10 mph roll but good luck