5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is 300HP possible and reliable w/o NOS???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Settle down people!

Wow, there's too much emotion in here over our toys! (Yes, my Z is a toy while my Saturn is the daily driver, and yes all of your Maximas can beat my Saturn.)

I just wanted to chime in with some facts without stirring up the bee's nest.

I'm showing my stats here to give a realistic representation of what your usual TTZ will do. No, I am not saying that my car is highly modded or fast by any means. It's just a plain, lightly modded TTZ as you'll most likely see on the road.

Here's what I ran stock:

http://home.comcast.net/~marshallj25/stocktimeslip.jpg

Here's what I ran with simple stage 3 mods:

http://home.comcast.net/~marshallj25/MYZTIMESLIP.JPG

And here's what it will put down to the ground:

http://home.comcast.net/~marshallj25/dynochart.jpg

Please keep in mind that I don't change anything to run it at the track to dyno it. I do not use race gas, put stickier race tires on, use temporary poweradders like nitrous, drain the gas tank, take out any seats, I don't do anything like that. I simply arrive and run it as is.

I like to give an accurate representation of the performance of the car as it would have if you caught me unsuspecting on the street. Of course, if you put in race gas, give it a shot of nitrous and use slicks you can get a nice quarter mile time, but that's not representative of the state that the car is in 99.9% of the time.

I think the domestic guys said it best when they said "run what ya brung". Anybody can come up with excuses of why they can't race or why they lost, or thousands of "but if" arguments, but excuses are meaningless. There is always somebody faster out there. When I win I win, when I lose, I lose, but I don't get too worked up about it and I never give lame excuses. Most of all I always enjoy driving my car and I think you should do the same.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:28 PM
VQ Wizard

This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The original question has been answered. Why is this stupid arguement still going on?
Old 07-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by SlowTTZ
Wow, there's too much emotion in here over our toys! (Yes, my Z is a toy while my Saturn is the daily driver, and yes all of your Maximas can beat my Saturn.)

I just wanted to chime in with some facts without stirring up the bee's nest.

I'm showing my stats here to give a realistic representation of what your usual TTZ will do. No, I am not saying that my car is highly modded or fast by any means. It's just a plain, lightly modded TTZ as you'll most likely see on the road.

Here's what I ran stock:

http://home.comcast.net/~marshallj25/stocktimeslip.jpg

Here's what I ran with simple stage 3 mods:

http://home.comcast.net/~marshallj25/MYZTIMESLIP.JPG

And here's what it will put down to the ground:

http://home.comcast.net/~marshallj25/dynochart.jpg

Please keep in mind that I don't change anything to run it at the track to dyno it. I do not use race gas, put stickier race tires on, use temporary poweradders like nitrous, drain the gas tank, take out any seats, I don't do anything like that. I simply arrive and run it as is.

I like to give an accurate representation of the performance of the car as it would have if you caught me unsuspecting on the street. Of course, if you put in race gas, give it a shot of nitrous and use slicks you can get a nice quarter mile time, but that's not representative of the state that the car is in 99.9% of the time.

I think the domestic guys said it best when they said "run what ya brung". Anybody can come up with excuses of why they can't race or why they lost, or thousands of "but if" arguments, but excuses are meaningless. There is always somebody faster out there. When I win I win, when I lose, I lose, but I don't get too worked up about it and I never give lame excuses. Most of all I always enjoy driving my car and I think you should do the same.
Great post and welcome to the board. Im sure you wouldn't have come here unless this was posted on a 300zx forum but its cool to see you on. Very imformative and intelligent post. Can't say the same for the rest of the posts in this thread but yours was a great read and really infomative to real world results and not magazine or g-tech times. What does stage 3 mods consist of, I would have thought it would have been a bit quicker but Im not sure what "stage 3" consists of. Thanks

Matt
Old 07-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Horra!!

Lets have a nissan group hug,
Old 07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here's an amusing fact... your maxima's can keep up with a car thats 14 years old. congrats.

try a 1990 maxima stock vs. a 1990 300zx n/a stock and see what happens.

you're comparing apples and oranges, but while your apples are a dime a dozen, its our Z's that still get double takes on the streets.

no offense, maxima's are great for hauling the kids to school and soccer practise.

i'm not trying to **** you off (well, i guess i am), but running the two cars against eachother is like mike tyson against 200 retarded schoolgirls. He might be older, but he'll win.

Z's have established their reputation. I'm sure 10 years from now, people will look back on the maxima and say "that was one hell of a sports car".
Old 07-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The original question has been answered. Why is this stupid arguement still going on?
Yeah, it's blown out of proportion.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:44 PM
VQ Wizard

I welcome most of the Z guys that I have seen post here today but honestly we don't need any trolls to add more fuel to this fire.

Most of use DO have plenty of respect for the Z and at some point in time most of us either would have had or have had one for one reason or another. There was a point to the original argument which consisted of a rebuttal to some comments of the Maxima being a waste of time to mod. Now somewhere along the lines this became a Maxima vs. Z debate and we all know it certainly shouldn't have but because of some original misinformation this became a stupid debate. Don't they all start like that?
We also know that mag-racing is pointless and us Maxima drivers suffer the same fate as everyone else with poor numbes being shown in magazines.

bard329: I had a trip planned to Fredneck MD this weekend already, if I don't have to cancel it perhaps we should meetup for a few friendly runs and a chat.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Great post and welcome to the board. Im sure you wouldn't have come here unless this was posted on a 300zx forum but its cool to see you on. Very imformative and intelligent post. Can't say the same for the rest of the posts in this thread but yours was a great read and really infomative to real world results and not magazine or g-tech times. What does stage 3 mods consist of, I would have thought it would have been a bit quicker but Im not sure what "stage 3" consists of. Thanks

Matt
Thanks.

Stage 3 is your basic intake, exhaust, and ECU upgrade. With the ECU you get nozzles which turn up the boost, and that's where most of the extra power comes from.

If you do intake, exhaust, and ECU but don't turn up the boost, you won't make too much power. If you turn up the boost without updating the ECU, you'll make the big power but you risk leaning out.

On street tires, it won't be too much faster 0-60 because you can't get traction anyway. At the track, my ET was bad because the car just burns out in 1st and 2nd gear.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I welcome most There was a point to the original argument which consisted of a rebuttal to some comments of the Maxima being a waste of time to mod. Now somewhere along the lines this became a Maxima vs. Z debate and we all know it certainly shouldn't have but because of some original misinformation this became a stupid debate. Don't they all start like that?
I wouldn't have stated it that way, saying that the "maxima is a waste of time to mod", but I do agree that it's a waste of time and money to mod a small displacement naturally aspirated car. Even when talking strictly about 300zx's, the TT guys tell the NA guys not to waste time modding their NA engines- the money will be much better spent doing a NA>TT conversion. The NA guys who did do the TT conversion will tell you that in hindsight, with the power of forced induction now on their side, NA mods seem trivial by comparison.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by bard329
Here's an amusing fact... your maxima's can keep up with a car thats 14 years old. congrats.

try a 1990 maxima stock vs. a 1990 300zx n/a stock and see what happens.

you're comparing apples and oranges, but while your apples are a dime a dozen, its our Z's that still get double takes on the streets.
Even if your car was a 2005, the same stats and weight, wed still keep up. Those stats online are from when it was new. The problem is we are all doing mag racing.

Originally Posted by bard329
i'm not trying to **** you off (well, i guess i am), but running the two cars against eachother is like mike tyson against 200 retarded schoolgirls. He might be older, but he'll win.
LOL. I disagree.. He wont be able to eat them all.. sooner or later hell get tired and sick. Thats when the school girls will kick his a$$.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:42 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Its funny how I see all the 3.5L guys argue and argue.... I'm sick of reading this ****. Everytime there is some kind of an argument about speed or 1/4 times... 3.5L is like the UNGODLY motor to be packing. WTF ? I reather have a 4G63, 3SGTE, SR20DET any day over that piece, any of these motors CAN do 500WHP on stock FACTORY internals and have only 2.0L of displacement. Its a proven fact. I came here a bit late into discussion since my job is working on cars all day and get to enjoy the forum at nite- where some of ya sit online all day long and say how fast your Maxima is. Why is it that a 20K dollar Neon SRT4 will blow the doors of any Maxima made to date ? Why is it that a 25K dollar EVO RS will blow the doors off any Nissan sold in US till this point n time ? Why dont ya compare your NEW Maxima, to these NEW cars ? Its like me comparing a 84 Camaro V8 with 5.0L of displacement to lets say a 04 RSX-Type S. The RSX makes more power with only 2.0L and will smoke the crap out of the Camaro. I can tell you one thing.... U can't make as much power out of TODAYS engines than you could out of the old school engines with todays electronics. Most of ya have to face it, we drive family sedans not sports cars. If I wanted all out speed I wouldnt buy a Maxima but a WRX and moded the hell out of it. I wanted something to drive normally while I had a 500+WHP daily driven SE-R that smoked gears in 5th gear on stock 14" tires that was getting very un-economical to drive to work in the summer heat.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:11 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Its funny how I see all the 3.5L guys argue and argue.... I'm sick of reading this ****. Everytime there is some kind of an argument about speed or 1/4 times... 3.5L is like the UNGODLY motor to be packing. WTF ? I reather have a 4G63, 3SGTE, SR20DET any day over that piece, any of these motors CAN do 500WHP on stock FACTORY internals and have only 2.0L of displacement. Its a proven fact.
Well I am glad I gave up wasting my time on the stone age SR20DE. Without a rediculous amount of boost they don't make power for ****. THAT is one reason Nissan stopped making them. And now every 15 year old and his infant brother has one to put in his S13. I am not saying anything new that I didn't say over two years ago when I got this car. The VQ was designed as a racing engine and make plenty of NA power is exactly what it does. If you like toying around with them, that is your business. But the rest of us are content with being able to make enough power naturally with our VQs certain cars that were once thought of as very fast. If you have a problem with that then perhaps you should stick to the SR20 forums.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Wat

Well, that day is very close, just that someone needs to lend SSR their 3.5l as a donor for about a month or so. As of yet, there has been nobody to do it. I would send my car, but I am 3000 miles away, and they wont help me with any of the costs.....
Old 07-27-2004, 05:55 PM

Well it's been a while...

Anyone remember me? Blu, SR20DEN, we used to chat all the time.

I sold my 2k2 Maxima for a '95 TT Z, and that was about the last I posted here. =( Big changes for the forum since I've left. I believe the forum was sold (or exchanged hands?) just after I bought my Z.

The best I ever ran in Maxima was a 14.44. I'd love to know who ran a 13.1 NA? When I was around, SR20DEN ran a 12.99 on nitrous, and now you're telling me someone runs 13.1 all motor? I'd love to know more (seriously)...

As far as buying the Z, one of the best decisions I've ever made; and I haven't looked back. I loved the Maxima, but it just doesn't compare. I'm 24, I have no kids just a fiance`; the Z suits me just fine. I'm a basic stage III car, and did everything for about $1000. It's about all the go fast I can handle and hit the dyno with 318RWHP and 338RWTQ.

If any of you have ever seriously thought about a TT Z, by all means do it. The two cars have cost me about the same all things considered, including maintenance; but the fun factor is through the roof on a TT. The TT Z is nothing short of a super car at stage III. It can go straight, and around corners; and it looks good doing it (the Max could do two out of three, you figure out which two).

Maybe I'll be able to convert some of you to the dark side. Party on.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:56 PM

SR20DEs have had stone age technology but still make more power than VQs. Having been around NA SR20DEs and following alot of the diff grassroot racers on the SE-R list there are some 200-240WHP NA SR20s with alot of modes but stock displacement of 2.0L. Now most of ya have problems hitting 260WHP with 3.5Ls of displacement. How do you justiffy that ? I am here on this forum cause I like my Maxima, and I like some people here and try to help out in the community by sharing with them how to do diff jobs etc. Some of ya just need a reality check - there will always be someone faster than you out there.... even with a much smaller motor sometimes. 5th gens are heavy boats that need alot of suspension tuning to go fast and stop fast. Bring out that 260WHP Maxima out to a road race track and run my only 239WHP K motor with some track goodies and TTZ/Blemhco kit... I guarantee my car will put seconds on ya around Road America. If U wanna tune your car right, concentrate on not just going fast in a straight line, but turning and stopping also. This is how alot racers die in an accident. We don't need anyone racing their Maxima on the highway, and then hearing about them on the forum. How their brakes faded on a highway run and they died or something.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:27 PM

Now now, theres no reason for hostility. Everyone has an engine they like.. For us vq35de owners, we like the 3.5. And the 3.0 guys like the 3.0 a lot. I think its true that the vq was designed for racing, thats why the new skyline will have a vq. (thats what I heard). I think boost is okay, but now we have technology and we can make N/A engines that produce the same amount of HP as some of the turbo engines made back in the day. I would really rather have an N/A engine making power rather than having to worry about the complex issues of forced induction.. (like boost controllers, turbo timers, etc.) But I do want a turbo eventually, but only after maxing out the engine with N/A mods.

But lets just keep our opinions non hostile..

Well I am glad I gave up wasting my time on the stone age SR20DE. Without a rediculous amount of boost they don't make power for ****. THAT is one reason Nissan stopped making them. And now every 15 year old and his infant brother has one to put in his S13. I am not saying anything new that I didn't say over two years ago when I got this car. The VQ was designed as a racing engine and make plenty of NA power is exactly what it does. If you like toying around with them, that is your business. But the rest of us are content with being able to make enough power naturally with our VQs certain cars that were once thought of as very fast. If you have a problem with that then perhaps you should stick to the SR20 forums.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:29 PM

I dont think they are a large company so they cant afford the funds.. I talk to them about giving someone a rental car, but they cant afford that either.. But if you think about it, someone can get a rental car because theyll be getting a discount on the turbo kit. So they might even out. And the advantage will be they will be the first turbo 3.5 maxima. (3000 miles is far, but someone who lives nearby could do someting like that).

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
Well, that day is very close, just that someone needs to lend SSR their 3.5l as a donor for about a month or so. As of yet, there has been nobody to do it. I would send my car, but I am 3000 miles away, and they wont help me with any of the costs.....
Old 07-27-2004, 06:32 PM

We could probably do all three..

Originally Posted by soopermax02

I sold my 2k2 Maxima for a '95 TT Z, and that was about the last I posted here. =( Big changes for the forum since I've left. I believe the forum was sold (or exchanged hands?) just after I bought my Z.

The best I ever ran in Maxima was a 14.44. I'd love to know who ran a 13.1 NA? When I was around, SR20DEN ran a 12.99 on nitrous, and now you're telling me someone runs 13.1 all motor? I'd love to know more (seriously)...

As far as buying the Z, one of the best decisions I've ever made; and I haven't looked back. I loved the Maxima, but it just doesn't compare. I'm 24, I have no kids just a fiance`; the Z suits me just fine. I'm a basic stage III car, and did everything for about $1000. It's about all the go fast I can handle and hit the dyno with 318RWHP and 338RWTQ.

If any of you have ever seriously thought about a TT Z, by all means do it. The two cars have cost me about the same all things considered, including maintenance; but the fun factor is through the roof on a TT. The TT Z is nothing short of a super car at stage III. It can go straight, and around corners; and it looks good doing it (the Max could do two out of three, you figure out which two).

Old 07-27-2004, 06:39 PM

SR20DEs have had stone age technology but still make more power than VQs. Having been around NA SR20DEs and following alot of the diff grassroot racers on the SE-R list there are some 200-240WHP NA SR20s with alot of modes but stock displacement of 2.0L. Now most of ya have problems hitting 260WHP with 3.5Ls of displacement. How do you justiffy that ? I am here on this forum cause I like my Maxima, and I like some people here and try to help out in the community by sharing with them how to do diff jobs etc. Some of ya just need a reality check - there will always be someone faster than you out there.... even with a much smaller motor sometimes. 5th gens are heavy boats that need alot of suspension tuning to go fast and stop fast. Bring out that 260WHP Maxima out to a road race track and run my only 239WHP K motor with some track goodies and TTZ/Blemhco kit... I guarantee my car will put seconds on ya around Road America.
With a lot of n/a mod, we can hit more then 260fwhp. SR20den is hitting around 290... and theres plenty more he can do.. I think right now we are past the point on who is quicker, but trying to establish the potential of the vq.

If U wanna tune your car right, concentrate on not just going fast in a straight line, but turning and stopping also. This is how alot racers die in an accident. We don't need anyone racing their Maxima on the highway, and then hearing about them on the forum. How their brakes faded on a highway run and they died or something.
LOL, that true.. Theres no point in going 0-60 in 5 seconds but going 60-0 in 15 seconds.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:50 PM

SR20DEN is not hitting 290WHP, hes estimating 290crank HP. I been following the mods of the 6spd tranny 3.5L closely, and was trying to beat the 3.5L with my 3.0L NA vs NA. I'm was willing to go further with it but I like boost better and U can't argue with it as it makes more HP per $$ than NA in the long run.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:54 PM

Im an idiot, your right... I misread your post.

SR20DEN is not hitting 290WHP, hes estimating 290crank HP. I been following the mods of the 6spd tranny 3.5L closely, and was trying to beat the 3.5L with my 3.0L NA vs NA. I'm was willing to go further with it but I like boost better and U can't argue with it as it makes more HP per $$ than NA in the long run.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:15 PM
VQ Wizard

Now most of ya have problems hitting 260WHP with 3.5Ls of displacement. How do you justiffy that ?
Race prepped VQ35s are hitting over 400 crank hp, how do YOU justify that?

I am here on this forum cause I like my Maxima, and I like some people here and try to help out in the community by sharing with them how to do diff jobs etc. Some of ya just need a reality check - there will always be someone faster than you out there.... even with a much smaller motor sometimes.
Reality check? Attention K-Mart shoppers, you're in a MAXIMA forum. Therefore you'll tend to read about MAXIMA engines quite frequently.

5th gens are heavy boats that need alot of suspension tuning to go fast and stop fast. Bring out that 260WHP Maxima out to a road race track and run my only 239WHP K motor with some track goodies and TTZ/Blemhco kit... I guarantee my car will put seconds on ya around Road America.
Where did I say Iw as tuning the car for raod racing? If I wanted to do road racing I would buy a M coupe or a Datsun roadster. I also don't know why everyone thinks the car handles so bad. They handle quite good with coilovers.

If U wanna tune your car right, concentrate on not just going fast in a straight line, but turning and stopping also.
This is how alot racers die in an accident. We don't need anyone racing their Maxima on the highway, and then hearing about them on the forum. How their brakes faded on a highway run and they died or something.
My stock brakes have never failed me or faded. The brakes on the 5.5 gen are far better than the ones on the 5.0 gen.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:18 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by soopermax02

Again, the Z was only disrespected for argumentative purposes. Most of us know what it's capabilites are.

The reference has been overly used already but it was me that ran a 13.19 @107.33 with slicks NA and consistant 106mph traps with street tires and slicks.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:07 PM

RI also don't know why everyone thinks the car handles so bad.
Other than the obvious (wrong-wheel drive) there's the solid rear axle.

I had a full spring/strut upgrade with thick rear sway, and front and rear strut tower braces but the Max is a tough one to get to handle well. When I sold my Max I put everything back to stock; I almost killed myself on the 35 mile trip to drop it off (I was so used to the suspension mods)! It can be made to handle better, but a sports car it isn't.

I loved the Maxima because it was a great sleeper. It was about as quick as a Rustang GT, but in sunlit sand trim I could drive around like I owned the road and no one would really notice. I had no trouble spanking the occasional boy-racing wonder super-acheiver in his Toyota Celica (w/ "action package") or RSX-S.

I love the Z, because it's a raw sports car; tingles the soul during a good run on the backroads.

Congrats on the NA run.

Later.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
And the advantage will be they will be the first turbo 3.5 maxima.
Nope, sorry to ruin the fun, but its already been done.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:11 PM

Race prepped VQ35s are hitting over 400 crank hp, how do YOU justify that?

Reality check? Attention K-Mart shoppers, you're in a MAXIMA forum. Therefore you'll tend to read about MAXIMA engines quite frequently.

Where did I say Iw as tuning the car for raod racing? If I wanted to do road racing I would buy a M coupe or a Datsun roadster. I also don't know why everyone thinks the car handles so bad. They handle quite good with coilovers.

My stock brakes have never failed me or faded. The brakes on the 5.5 gen are far better than the ones on the 5.0 gen.
Race prepped meaning what ? 100K dollar race engine ? The BTCC Primera SR20DE motor put out 300HP and was limited by restrictors. I wanna see a 400HP NA VQ motor... you guys have basically everything a SR20 needs to make reliable 200WHP NA yet are stuck at 260WHP with 1.5L over a SR. I dont like when people call it primitive. I think the Kmart shoppers should be aware of other potential fast cheap reliable cars right within the own Nissan family of cars, or even other car brands. Maxima is not the ungodly automobile you guys make it look like sometimes. Your guys who drag race, your engines have to last.... 14 sec or so. The engine does not see the stress it sees in road racing. I have ran sessions of 25 min on a track like Road America where there is some heavy racing involved and had no problem with any of my cars. I find Maxima brakes adequate to stop maybe a 4 cylinder Altima, they fade away within few a few laps on the road course- I know cause I drove a AUTO 2k2 rental at the SE-R convention and killed the brakes, pads, tranny was slipping within 2 days of driving it like I would drive mine. I don't have stock Maxima brakes btw. And as far as coil overs go.... some cheap shi.t (APC, DrOpZoNe) aint going to work. The rear beam suspension has tendency to bump steer too Eassily even with JICs there is still some left. Front of a 2k2 auto is so heavy the car understeers like a 1990 Toyota VAN.... I'm unsubsribing from this thread. Thank you for listening Kmart Shoppers have a pleasant nite.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:15 PM

I dont get it.

Originally Posted by pimpjuice
Nope, sorry to ruin the fun, but its already been done.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:17 PM

I dont get it.
I have a boosted 3.5L.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 PM

NO FUC KING way man!! Congrats. If I had know I would have been bombarding you with questions! Im gonna go check your homepage and see whats going on.. again, congrats.. I thought the only one that had a turbo kit was SSR.. How much are you pumping out? (HP)

I have a boosted 3.5L.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:24 PM

When did you make it, how much was it? And why arent you selling kits and making some $$$$?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:31 PM

When did you make it, how much was it? And why arent you selling kits and making some $$$$?
I have had the kit for a while now. I made the kit myself and was thinking about making kits for others but I wanted to make sure I could get good numbers and still have a reliable (and safe) setup. I have been tuning my car for quite some time now, but it is tough to get steady air/fuel ratios since we don't have return fuel lines. I am able to run 11.5 psi and am successfully pulling timing and adding fuel using the e-manage to keep the car running at a 11.5:1 A/F ratio. I haven't dyno'd yet with the high boost, but when I get my fuel curve at a steady 12:1 I will go dyno and post the results.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:36 PM

Im really glad that you went out and took this risk. If you are able to do this before SSR, youll be making some good money. Goodluck with the project and let us know how it does step by step..

I have had the kit for a while now. I made the kit myself and was thinking about making kits for others but I wanted to make sure I could get good numbers and still have a reliable (and safe) setup. I have been tuning my car for quite some time now, but it is tough to get steady air/fuel ratios since we don't have return fuel lines. I am able to run 11.5 psi and am successfully pulling timing and adding fuel using the e-manage to keep the car running at a 11.5:1 A/F ratio. I haven't dyno'd yet with the high boost, but when I get my fuel curve at a steady 12:1 I will go dyno and post the results.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think 300hp at the tires is possible with the right set up.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:09 PM

wow.. all these threads are being dug up!