Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceVendorsUsed CarsGarage TSB & Recalls
Search

5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 07-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #1

2002 SE driver's power window won't roll up!

I don't know if it was just coincidence but I had both front windows down today and used the key in the driver's door lock to roll them up. Well, the passenger's side rolled up fine but the driver's side didn't....and still won't roll up no matter what I do.

I can hear 2 clicks, about 3 or 4 seconds apart, in the window switch when I press it.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this?

Karl
kargo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:08 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to Bl_asd
window fxxked up? maybe u broke the eletronic motor.... try to do same thing on the passenger side again. and do the reverse, see if it works. sigh..why did u do it?....
Bl_asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #3
Newbie - Just Registered

Mine has a similar problem: it'll roll all the way up, and then automatically roll about a 1/4 of the way down, it'll only roll all the way up after I play with a couple of times. And just like yours, its only on the driver's side.
Bob71876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl_asd
window fxxked up? maybe u broke the eletronic motor.... try to do same thing on the passenger side again. and do the reverse, see if it works. sigh..why did u do it?....

Why did I do what? Use the feature that I paid for when I bought the car? I've used it before, it's so I don't have to get in the car to roll up the windows. I love that feature.

The passenger side works fine as do the back seat windows. I'm afraid that it's either something with the door lock or the motor, but probably the motor. :-( I think I'll take it in to the dealer first thing tomorrow. There's $200 down the drain.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Points: 7,656, Level: 58 Points: 7,656, Level: 58 Points: 7,656, Level: 58
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to Pearltt
I have the same exact problem except its my passanger side window. It first happend to me a few weeks ago when getting to my job. I went to roll up the windows and the passanger side wouldn't go up. I started to play with the switch for the passanger side window and all I heard was the relay clicking back and forth, so I just kept playing with the switch a bit. I ended up pushing the window lock button down and then I kept pushing the passanger side switch up and down. Then I unlocked the windows and tried to put up my window..It worked....LOL...Then it happend to me again just a few days ago...did the same thing and it rolled up..Think the switch is gone. But I'm bringing it to Nissan on Fri... let them deal with it..
Old 07-21-2004, 06:37 AM   #6

OK, guys it's working again. Here's what I did. This morning I started it up, ran the shift know from Park through all the gears, put it in Park again and lifted the switch. VOILA!!! It rolled up! Could it have been some kind of safety override??
Old 07-21-2004, 07:21 PM   #7
Donating Maxima.org Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob71876
Mine has a similar problem: it'll roll all the way up, and then automatically roll about a 1/4 of the way down, it'll only roll all the way up after I play with a couple of times. And just like yours, its only on the driver's side.
There are a number of threads with instructions on how to fix that. HERE IS ONE OF THEM.
DanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:21 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement