5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Price question on 2k SE

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 06:13 PM

Price question on 2k SE

ok guys/girls, heres the story. Im getting rid of my 2003 Wrangler and getting a 2k max. Now my question is about pricing here in the NE. My GF got her maxima about a month ago with 30k miles for 15k he told me that they got the car off the auction for 14400. That does seem to be the going price around here, i even did some hunting on sites like edmunds and NADAguides.com. Now my friend whos a dealer is going to find me a maxima and sell it to me for only a few hundred over wholesale. Is a price around 15k too high?

Thanks
Old 02-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Mass_Media™

Originally Posted by Krash513
ok guys/girls, heres the story. Im getting rid of my 2003 Wrangler and getting a 2k max. Now my question is about pricing here in the NE. My GF got her maxima about a month ago with 30k miles for 15k he told me that they got the car off the auction for 14400. That does seem to be the going price around here, i even did some hunting on sites like edmunds and NADAguides.com. Now my friend whos a dealer is going to find me a maxima and sell it to me for only a few hundred over wholesale. Is a price around 15k too high?

Thanks

This is from www.kbb.com this is a base model 2k max with 50k miles:

Engine: V6 3.0 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: Front Wheel Drive
Mileage: 50,000

See Local Listings of This Car

List Your Car For Sale Online

Buy a New Car

Free Lemon Check

Auto Loans from 3.85% APR

Insurance Quote

Print "For Sale" Sign

Payment Calculator

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Good
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. The paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. In states where rust is a problem, this should be very minimal, and a deduction should be made to correct it. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A clean title history is assumed. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail; however major reconditioning should be deducted from the value. Most recent model cars owned by consumers fall into this category.

Private Party Value $12,700
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

15k might be to high but depends on options and miles and stuff like that
Old 02-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

15K is high.