5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Someone is trying to sell my Max on Ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 09:14 AM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

prob same guy that tried to sell me the bimmer

if you get ahold of him, try and find out his story...auto broker? in tx temp on business, has dealership in az? that was the guys story that i spoke to! f#@ker! all the stuff looked legit too, escroe site, vin#, i even went to the bmw dealer and had them verify the vin and service records. everything checked out. this **** really ****es me off, if you couldn't tell by my email to him!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

That only took us about 20 minutes. What else can I do today?
Old 01-11-2004, 09:35 AM

Maybe he is where you live and is planing to steal your car after the auction is won by someone.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:38 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

looks like sonmeone is getting good work guys!

Old 01-11-2004, 09:41 AM

Whoever is doing it isn't selling YOUR car. He is just using the pictures to sell nothing. It's a scam and he probably hijacked someones's ebay account and is using it for criminal purposes. It happens all the time. Go look for a Harley Davidson on ebay, you'll see many "great" deals. But when you contact these people they are in Germany, Holland etc etc, and you need to send them all the money to a friends friend and crap like that. So bottom line....contact ebay.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by mille_3
Whoever is doing it isn't selling YOUR car. He is just using the pictures to sell nothing.
I think that housecor knows that. He was being sarcastic.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by jjames
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! seller has ended the auction early because of an error in the listing.

good work, .org.
Yeah, the error in the listing was the only truth about that scam. Good prediction.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wow guys, I posted this last night and saw a couple responses, then I logged in today to see everythings already wrapped up! Sorry to see I missed out on the drama!

I really appreciate everyone's help pushing this guy to fess up. Apparently I should've been more forceful - he never responded to my email, but looks like you guys had no problem getting a good fight outta him! It's always a great to see the org fighting crime!

jjames - Thanks for posting the link. Wild stuff! I noticed the article mentioned non-refundable deposits are a common thread among scams on Ebay, and his auction was no different: "Buyers must make a $1000.00 non-refundable deposit within 24 hours of action end, by paypal , money order or certified check."

Also, the article mentioned mispellings were common - This auction had plenty of examples:
Unuque colors combination which is very hard to find
Custom Titanuim Shiny Rims which are very rear

Wow, there's 4 mispellings in two lines.

I have no doubt you guys at a minimum just saved someone $1000 bucks, likely more!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:37 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by housecor
"Buyers must make a $1000.00 non-refundable deposit within 24 hours of action end, by paypal , money order or certified check."
not that this audience is big enough for this to make a difference, but I also believe that policy is against ebay's rules....not the non-refundable deposit, but I believe (and I may be wrong) that EVERY auction on ebay has the same rules that state the buyer has up to one week (maybe 10 days) to pay, and it's against the rules to state someone must pay within a fewer amount of days or you'll leave negative feedback.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:51 PM
scopium

u can sue him

Old 01-11-2004, 01:12 PM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

good luck with sueing...like mentioned before, the guy prob jacked someones ebay acct and therefore you cant trace him. you could report it to the secret service for internet fraud...i had to do that with the incident i mentioned earlier.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
not that this audience is big enough for this to make a difference, but I also believe that policy is against ebay's rules....not the non-refundable deposit, but I believe (and I may be wrong) that EVERY auction on ebay has the same rules that state the buyer has up to one week (maybe 10 days) to pay, and it's against the rules to state someone must pay within a fewer amount of days or you'll leave negative feedback.
Incorrect. Seller's rules for arranging payment within the description can say whatever they want. I have a 3 day rule in all of my auctions.

Also, if a seller really wanted, he could leave negative feedback the same day the auction closed. That portion is irrelevant.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by scopium
u can sue him
For what? There has to be actual damages for a judgement to be awarded.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by housecor
Get this - Someone in NY is selling my car on Ebay! Someone logged onto my cardomain site and brought this to my attention. He pointed out that the seller was using a bunch of my pics, but didn't get a response.

Funny thing is, the guy is claiming my car is Titanium Silver, which isn't even true. Personally, I think it's really deviant to post pictures of someone else's vehicle since it's not even the vehicle he's selling!

Do you guys agree this is wrong? I'd like to alert those bidding on my car on Ebay that they're not looking at the car they're trying to buy. Who knows what condition his vehicle is in! I'm not sure where to run with this. Suggestions??

Here is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2452824379

haha....someone tried selling his maxima on ebay using my car's pictures a while ago. i just told him not to use the pictures anymore and he somehow never responded again...i'd say run by the seller first, and then contact Ebay.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:26 PM

Chrome silver??? WTF? This kid on ebay is such a tool. Haha Hope nobody gets scammed....
Old 01-11-2004, 01:39 PM

Man that sucks. Hope nobody gets scammed. BTW is it true that there were only 500 titanium edition maximas made??? That's what the seller said.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 2k3TitaniumSe
Man that sucks. Hope nobody gets scammed. BTW is it true that there were only 500 titanium edition maximas made??? That's what the seller said.
That claim, along with everyting else about this guy, was full of feces.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:44 PM

so did any one call the number?... never mind.. didn't see there was a second page
Old 01-11-2004, 01:57 PM

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I e-mailed the top bidder and this is the reply I received. Notice the last name of the top bidder!!!!

This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

From: "Feliks Sheynfeld" <fsheynfeld@hotmail.com> Add to Address Book
To: asu174@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Maxima
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:22:02 +0000

Hey,
Thank you for your concern but I think that you should take it easy
because
I also live in Staten Island and I went to look at the car. The car
looks
identicle to the one that were posted on ebay and I am thinking to
purchase
it. Aslo, I checked the vin# and everything came back clean. Thank's
again
for your concern!!!

>From: asu174@yahoo.com
>To: fsheynfeld@hotmail.com
>Subject: Maxima
>Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:58:25 PST
>
>
>This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding
system.
>If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the
member and
>not through eBay.
>
>eBay Marketplace Safety Tip:
>If this email is an offer to sell you an item without winning the
listing
>on eBay, please report it to us at
>http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ebay-sale.html.
>Please do not respond to it. Regardless of the apparent feedback of
the
>sender or any claims they might make, such an offer is not only
against our
>rules, but it is extremely risky. It is unsafe to purchase such an
item
>through
>a transaction that is not on our site. You will lose the benefit of
eBay's
>purchase protection programs, and run the risk of losing your money.
>
>--------------------
>
>
>To member: nhl_91
>From member: pliskin3
>
>--------------------
>
>
>FYI- Those pics are not of the actual car. look here.
>
>http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=277096
>
Old 01-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Cletus

so he was the top bidder on his own thing?? which is YOUR car??
what a dumb @ss
Old 01-11-2004, 02:02 PM

For those of you not following along.....

The top bidder was this guy. He was upping the bids with a different account since the beginning of the auction in order to meet the reserve.

Then he was DUMB enough to reply to me pretending he was the top bidder not thinking that the last name would show up on the message.

SCAM SCAM SCAM
Old 01-11-2004, 02:23 PM

Reported to ebay AGAIN.......

Zorick143 is really Zorick Sheynfeld (zorick143@hotmail.com). nhl_91 is really Feliks Sheynfeld (fsheynfeld@hotmail.com). Zorick was using Felik's ID to raise bids on the price of his car.

It should also be noted that Zorick posted pictures of someone else's car that he found on the internet. There really is no car for sale.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by asu174

Zorick143 is really Zorick Sheynfeld (zorick143@hotmail.com). nhl_91 is really Feliks Sheynfeld (fsheynfeld@hotmail.com). Zorick was using Felik's ID to raise bids on the price of his car.

It should also be noted that Zorick posted pictures of someone else's car that he found on the internet. There really is no car for sale.
Good detective work.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:27 PM

I just can't believe he was DUMB enough to reply to me from that other account.

Oh, well, he has a link to this thread now......
Old 01-11-2004, 02:54 PM

He is a f uck ing retard.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:08 PM
I miss the .org!

Good teamwork people...I like how quickly that got handled. Saved somebody alot of hassle and $$$!
Old 01-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Cletus

so he was actually hoping someone would just send him money for a car that didnt exist and he wouldnt go to jail? thats grand larceny right?
Old 01-11-2004, 03:56 PM

we should go to his house and disembowel him with a spoon.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
so he was actually hoping someone would just send him money for a car that didnt exist and he wouldnt go to jail? thats grand larceny right?
no...i think that's just plain stupid...
Old 01-11-2004, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by IWNTMORHP!!
good luck with sueing...like mentioned before, the guy prob jacked someones ebay acct and therefore you cant trace him. you could report it to the secret service for internet fraud...i had to do that with the incident i mentioned earlier.
The U.S. Secret service? The secret service is the president's bodyguards.... what the hell would they care about internet fraud?
Old 01-11-2004, 04:39 PM

Nice work guys.
I say we lynch this fool.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Burn Dust. Eat my rubber.

Nice work ASU!!! Hope the focker gets put in jail!! He'll get his someday! Probably has an extra set of HID's that he will sell the winning bidder too! What a scumbag!
Old 01-11-2004, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Eric425
The U.S. Secret service? The secret service is the president's bodyguards.... what the hell would they care about internet fraud?
the secret service deal with money fraud and counterfeit most of the time. the only time they guard someone is if someone of importance comes into the city where they are working and the lucky few who are assigned to someone for their assignment. im sure internet fraud is not that high on their agenda though.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:13 PM

Great work asu174! I just can't believe he was stupid enough to respond from the same email account! This guy is a clear reminder of why so many thieves get caught: The average thief is borderline retarded!!
Old 01-11-2004, 07:18 PM

Great work guys!!!
Go org!!

Promotions for everyone.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:52 PM

I saw that, the seller ended his listing because of the error. I bet ebay were on to him when someone alerted of potential fraud. That's pretty pathetic for someone to post someone else's pic.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:54 PM

I agree with most of you guys about the guy is an idiot, however I coudln't be prouder for all of you guys use a lot of common sense and some detective work. GREAT JOB GUYS....We'll look out for each other!
Old 01-11-2004, 07:56 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by irvine78
no...i think that's just plain stupid...

I think in GA it's falls under the "Intent to commint theft by deception"...

Also, I'm sure that using the internet for this purpose could fall under one of the various catch all laws of both the FTC and FCC...but I could be mistaken.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:08 PM

Just for everyone's future reference, what is the link to report a bogus auction to Ebay? I hunted around and had no luck... Also, did you get a response from Ebay?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:56 AM

I remember someone was doing this same thing, they used pictures linked directly from a site in which the product shown was not their actual product (similar to what is going on here). So the owner of the pictures (and original websit) changed the pics to obese women doing sexual acts, but by doing this keeping the URL of the picture the same, hence making the person's ebay auction show the very graphic pics. It was pretty funny.

Quick Reply: Someone is trying to sell my Max on Ebay!