Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceVendorsUsed CarsGarage TSB & Recalls
Search

5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 11-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #1
Go BUCKS!!!

Points: 27,233, Level: 97 Points: 27,233, Level: 97 Points: 27,233, Level: 97
Activity: 6.3%
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Front Seat Removal Help

Well, today is a big audio install day for my Maxima. I am going to be running tons of wiring throughout the cabin and need a bit of assistance. We all know the issue with the search feature, so I won't even touch on that. I briefly scanned over the front seat brackets and was wondering if anyone has any information for removal of the front seats as it appears to be a bit more complicated than in vehicles I've worked on in the past. I will only need to remove the passenger side, so the power seat wiring and harness will not be a factor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Tim

Maxima Cardomain
SEmy2K2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 02:20 AM   #2

I've never removed my seat before, but how hard could it be? 4 bolts right?
maximilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 02:33 AM   #3
Go BUCKS!!!

Points: 27,233, Level: 97 Points: 27,233, Level: 97 Points: 27,233, Level: 97
Activity: 6.3%
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilion
I've never removed my seat before, but how hard could it be? 4 bolts right?
Yeah, what I am wondering is if there is a trick to removing the trim pieces from the legs of the seats. Guess I left that part out of my initial comment, sorry.

Maxima Cardomain
SEmy2K2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:52 AM   #4
Donating Maxima.org Member

Send a message via MSN to pruizgarcia
The trim is connected by some plastics push type hook-on's (three) to the underside of the seat. Just pop them out and voila. Also, you have one electrical connection on the passengers side and two on drivers side. I disconnected everything by first removing the four bolts on the seat and then tilting the seat back. This made access to everything much easier. Also, heard rumors that you shouldn't switch the ignition key to on when the electrical parts of the seat are disconnected; it would trigger an air bag light. I had to take out the seats for some extreme soundproofing.

Pedro
Old 11-26-2003, 03:52 AM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement