5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

any pics of black max with only rears tinted?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 04:42 PM

anyone got a picture of have seen a black max with only the rears tinted
it look weird ? or ok
Old 02-15-2001, 04:58 PM

sorry my car isn't black but will this do for u?
Old 02-15-2001, 04:58 PM

Originally posted by jw82
it look weird ? or ok
Why do you want to only do the rears? If you are concerned about the police, just make the fronts a little lighter than the rears, that's all! Do a 50% in front, and 35% in back, do 20% or 5% on the rear window and don't forget the sunroof too!
Old 02-15-2001, 10:03 PM

thanks guys
Old 02-16-2001, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by Maximizd
it look weird ? or ok
Why do you want to only do the rears? If you are concerned about the police, just make the fronts a little lighter than the rears, that's all! Do a 50% in front, and 35% in back, do 20% or 5% on the rear window and don't forget the sunroof too!
but the sunroof is already tinted.. and if u want more tint just pull the plastic sunshade over it rite??? well at least thats how i like it..
Old 02-16-2001, 03:57 AM

Originally posted by mingo
Originally posted by Maximizd
it look weird ? or ok
but the sunroof is already tinted.. and if u want more tint just pull the plastic sunshade over it rite??? well at least thats how i like it..
I don't think mine looks tinted from the factory. I didn't get it tinted aftermarket, but looking back I wish I did!
Old 02-16-2001, 08:09 AM

Peeps are gettin' pulled over left& right with the front tint even with them lighter than the rears.
Old 02-16-2001, 01:47 PM

Mine are only tinted in the rear, might be hard to tell from the picture.
Old 02-16-2001, 01:49 PM

by the way, that picture is with the roof open...so it makes it look a lot lighter in the front than it is
Old 02-16-2001, 02:00 PM

it look weird ? or ok
Well since you asked for opinions, I will say that I think tinting only the back windows looks silly. And furthermore tinting the fronts lighter than the backs is prolly worse. Either tint them all or leave them alone. Tinting half the windows is only half cool, and half cool is also half gay. You asked...
Old 02-16-2001, 03:12 PM

i have a 2k gle,black tinted front and back (no pics yet)
but the back is tinted less than the front, and it looks really nice.i agree that just the back tinted would like a silly. i say get the backs tinted, and then have the fronts tinted a lighter shade. i believe i have factory tinting.. the back window looks almost as if there is no window, but just all black metal.. hehe but only when its very bright...
Old 02-16-2001, 03:40 PM

Well since you asked for opinions, I will say that I think tinting only the back windows looks silly. And furthermore tinting the fronts lighter than the backs is prolly worse. Either tint them all or leave them alone. Tinting half the windows is only half cool, and half cool is also half gay. You asked...
so from what you're saying i'm half cool and half gay which puts me right in the middle.. i htink i like that.. j/p.. well my whole car was originally tinted 45% all around and then a nice cop pulled me over, gave me a warning and i just thot oh well might as well i dont' wanna deal with the stress of cops pulling me over just for ttint.. the cop just chatted with me and he was for relas hella cool and he dindt' give me a single ticket just said "good luck on your midterms and i hope all goes well with u.." made me realize that cops are people too..i thot they were just assembled in a factory out of spare body parts..
but i also did the tint to reduce the interior temp of the car.. it really helps. but if i could i would tint all of the windows and the windshield.
Old 02-16-2001, 05:57 PM

Have to

I have to get only the rear windows tinted. In Missouri, they will flunk you for your inspection if you have any of the fronts tinted. We have this law where you have to get safety inspected every year and emissions tested every 2 years. The guy told me he would tint my front ones but I should be aware that it's fairly easy to slip one of the safety inspection places some extra cash to pass your car - because it's done by local shops, but the federal emissions test places will flunk you no questions asked. And you have to have all your inspections passed to get your plates renewed.

So, however silly it may look, when I get my windows tinted on Tuesday, I am going to have to get only the rear windows tinted and my car is black so tw82, on Wednesday morning, I'll take pics of my car and post them and you can see what it looks like.
Old 02-16-2001, 06:12 PM

Re: Have to

Originally posted by blackY2Kmax
I have to get only the rear windows tinted. In Missouri, they will flunk you for your inspection if you have any of the fronts tinted. We have this law where you have to get safety inspected every year and emissions tested every 2 years. The guy told me he would tint my front ones but I should be aware that it's fairly easy to slip one of the safety inspection places some extra cash to pass your car - because it's done by local shops, but the federal emissions test places will flunk you no questions asked. And you have to have all your inspections passed to get your plates renewed.

So, however silly it may look, when I get my windows tinted on Tuesday, I am going to have to get only the rear windows tinted and my car is black so tw82, on Wednesday morning, I'll take pics of my car and post them and you can see what it looks like.
y not just get it tinted after the inspection? but i wouldn't wanna tint my fronts until i move somwhere where everyone and their dogs have their fronts tinted.. that way i havean better idea of how layed back the cops might be.
Old 02-16-2001, 06:17 PM

That's a good point..but

My car is a 2000 model year and I bought it in July 2000 so I do not have to get the federal emissions inspection until July 2002 and I want my windows tinted NOW!!!!! (I'm impatient, dammit!) Plus, then what would I do in 2 years?--I know, get a 2002!!! No one here in MO has their front windows tinted. There is one guy at my work who has a white Max and all his are tinted, but he lives across the river in Illinois and their inspection laws aren't as tough. Maybe I should move!

[Edited by blackY2Kmax on 02-16-2001 at 08:23 PM]
Old 02-16-2001, 06:28 PM

Oh i forgot to mention.. make sur ethe place that installs your tint has a lifetime warranty thing.. not so u can get it retinted (the fronts) but just incase u get uggly bubbles or if the tint fades.. but i heard the quality of the actual tint itself now adays are hella good and dont' fade.. and if the shop is willing, have them sand down the matrix on the top of the rear windsheild (those dots) but make sure if they mess up they'll pay for it.. cuz they sand it down and might scratch the rear windshield or crack it.. and it is metal so if not done properly it will rust.. but will look wayyeee better if done.. i didn't get mine done cuz the shop didn't want the responsibility of replacing my rear windshield.. and if u want ur tint removed take it back to them.. especially the rear, because u might damage the rear defrosters. and tell them to really take extra care to clean the windows prior to installation so u wont have lil bubbles (u can't notice it if u dont' look for em') with dust deposits.
Old 02-16-2001, 06:39 PM

Thanks for all the good info

I will look into all of that. Thanks as always for your good information.
Old 02-17-2001, 09:01 AM
00DubbedMax

If you can get an exemption like I did go with limo tints all around. Looks Hot!