5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

what if I put 110 octane gas in my MAX

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 08:17 AM

what if I put 110 octane gas in my MAX

other thatn my wallet hurting what would one tank of the 110 racing gas do to the enigne? would it clean it out? or ruin it? just wondering thanks
Old 08-20-2003, 08:40 AM
It's chrome alright...

neither, but it won't do you any good either. The engine is designed to run on 92/93. Give it that and save your money or send it to me.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:42 AM
jjs

I recall seeing some discussions on other sites about too high an octane allowing unburnt fuel to eventually damage the emissions system.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'd be more worried about the additives in there to raise the octane level...
Old 08-20-2003, 09:05 AM
jttaylor155

Re: what if I put 110 octane gas in my MAX

Originally posted by bglandon23
other thatn my wallet hurting what would one tank of the 110 racing gas do to the enigne? would it clean it out? or ruin it? just wondering thanks
try JP8 jet fuel

Old 08-20-2003, 10:04 AM

If you add say 1/2 tank 110 to 1/2 tank 87 you get a balance somewhere inbetween. I read an article about the 110 at speedway's? They asked if octane boosters helped. The claims of 3-5 points are basicallly BS, unless you add a 1/2 tank full of boosters. That would cost a fortune. So they were able to raise 1 or so points with 87 by adding several bottles. The question was is the 110 worth it? enthusiasts would probably like it. So if you want say a 96 octane, add the 110 to your remining tank of 93. Some chemistry majors can probably help figure out dillition and concentration based on the size tanks we have to get the desired octane level.

Zoom !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:49 AM

Race gas will eat your catalytic convertor faster than you can say OUCH!
Old 08-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: what if I put 110 octane gas in my MAX

Originally posted by VQ30GTR
Some chemistry majors can probably help figure out dillition and concentration based on the size tanks we have to get the desired octane level.

Chemistry majors need not apply...it's a pretty simple equation actually.

(gallons of Octane A)*(Octane A) + (gallons of Octane B)*(Octane B) = n*(Total Gallons)

So, spiking 91-octane pump gas with 100-octane example would be:

(10)(91)+(1)(100)=11*n--->n=91.8-octane
Old 08-20-2003, 12:14 PM
scopium

why do some people think that Maximas are drag cars...
Unless u drag your car and have crazy mods and can afford a new engine dont mess with high octane gas or NOS or all the other juices

Old 08-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by scopium
why do some people think that Maximas are drag cars...
Unless u drag your car and have crazy mods and can afford a new engine dont mess with high octane gas or NOS or all the other juices
91-octane is crap and out here in the desert 92-95-octane will make a difference, however pure 100+ octane is a waste.

What's up with the "NOS" comment? Best bang for your buck ESPECIALLY on a STOCK Maxima.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:22 PM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by IceY2K1

91-octane is crap and out here in the desert 92-95-octane will make a difference, however pure 100+ octane is a waste.

What's up with the "NOS" comment? Best bang for your buck ESPECIALLY on a STOCK Maxima.
"NOS" is rice!! and its cheating. its a cheap lazy way to get speed. its for people that dont know how and are to lazy to mod their car to make it fast. its more impressive if someone actually puts time, money, and effort into modding their car.

Old 08-20-2003, 12:28 PM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by jttaylor155

"NOS" is rice!! and its cheating. its a cheap lazy way to get speed. its for people that dont know how and are to lazy to mod their car to make it fast. its more impressive if someone actually puts time, money, and effort into modding their car.
and like scopium said "why do some people think that Maximas are drag cars... "
WAY to many people watched fast and the furious and thought it would be "so cool dog" if their cars were like those.

VQ Wizard

You win the award for the 'Dumbass comment of the day'.

I have Nitrous and use it as I please. I dare you to look at my setup and say that there was no time and effort put into it. I think you've just had your azz handed to you by too many nitrous cars and you can't deal with it.

And to everyone else, I mix in 110 leaded race gas with regular 93 octane. The mixture works just fine so long as you don't use too much for too long. It has caused me NO problems at all.
Blu
the tits

this reply beats the exhaust thread for the most rediculous thing I have heard in a while
Old 08-20-2003, 12:31 PM
VQ Wizard

and like scopium said "why do some people think that Maximas are drag cars... "
WAY to many people watched fast and the furious and thought it would be "so cool dog" if their cars were like those.
I think the real issue is that your car is slow and you are jealous of eveyrone else. I have been modding cars and racing them for over eight years now. Was that dumbass movie out at that time?
Old 08-20-2003, 12:33 PM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by SR20DEN

You win the award for the 'Dumbass comment of the day'.

I have Nitrous and use it as I please. I dare you to look at my setup and say that there was no time and effort put into it. I think you've just had your azz handed to you by too many nitrous cars and you can't deal with it.

And to everyone else, I mix in 110 leaded race gas with regular 93 octane. The mixture works just fine so long as you don't use too much for too long. It has caused me NO problems at all.
i have never raced anyone with NOS. i quess there will always be "kids" out there that put NOS on there cars. so you put all that effort into it why?? so you can beat civics
to each their own

Old 08-20-2003, 12:34 PM
jttaylor155

I think the real issue is that your car is slow and you are jealous of eveyrone else. I have been modding cars and racing them for over eight years now. Was that dumbass movie out at that time?
my car is fast just the way it is. im not jealous at all. i could do it if i wanted.
like i said there will always be 'kids' that use NOS

VQ Wizard

i have never raced anyone with NOS. i quess there will always be "kids" out there that put NOS on there cars. so you put all that effort into it why?? so you can beat civics
to each their own
I beat Foxbody Mustangs all day NA. Perhaps you would need Nitrous to beat a civic but that is your problem.

The only thing it will do is make everyone at the track laugh at you as you pump your 110 octane gas into your grocery getter.
Blu
the tits

Old 08-20-2003, 12:36 PM
jttaylor155

I beat Foxbody Mustangs all day NA. Perhaps you would need Nitrous to beat a civic but that is your problem.
well good for you i beat civics all the time. a max is a family car. deal with it. yes its fast. but its not a race car so dont act like it is. if you really need that much speed to make you feel like a man buy a car that is already that fast. but im sure you cant afford one

Old 08-20-2003, 12:41 PM
VQ Wizard

well good for you i beat civics all the time. a max is a family car. deal with it. yes its fast. but its not a race car so dont act like it is.
Do you make my car payments? No you don't. So don't try to tell me what I should and should not do with my car. I make MY car payments and I will do with my car as I damn well please. And if I want to make it a racecar or drive it off a cliff or park it outside your house and set it on fire that is none of your damn business.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
jttaylor155

Do you make my car payments? No you don't. So don't try to tell me what I should and should not do with my car. I make MY car payments and I will do with my car as I damn well please. And if I want to make it a racecar or drive it off a cliff or park it outside your house and set it on fire that is none of your damn business.
very true riceboy. you do that, the NOS would help it burn quicker
you are free to do what you want just like im free to say what i want.

Old 08-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Blu
the tits

well good for you i beat civics all the time. a max is a family car. deal with it. yes its fast. but its not a race car so dont act like it is. if you really need that much speed to make you feel like a man buy a car that is already that fast. but im sure you cant afford one
I guess you are preaching too mardigrasmax, Confused, Nigel, Hal and all the other fast a$$ maximas out there. You son are retared.... how old are you because you sound like you what 16-17 right there with Craig Mack. Just plain stupid.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:47 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

if you set it on fire, can you run away screaming NAWZZZZZZZZZ?
Old 08-20-2003, 12:49 PM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

I guess you are preaching too mardigrasmax, Confused, Nigel, Hal and all the other fast a$$ maximas out there. You son are retared.... how old are you because you sound like you what 16-17 right there with Craig Mack. Just plain stupid.
the point is, with all the mods there are faster stock cars out there. i respect all the people that mod their cars to make them faster. i just think it is stupid to cheat and use NOS.
im 29 years old. im not one of those young kids that spends all his money to make his car a status symbol. im secure in myself

Old 08-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Blu
the tits

very true riceboy. you do that, the NOS would help it burn quicker
you are free to do what you want just like im free to say what i want.
After looking at your car I don't get how you are calling people out. If anything is rice here its you with your hubcaps and intake
Old 08-20-2003, 12:53 PM
jttaylor155

After looking at your car I don't get how you are calling people out. If anything is rice here its you with your hubcaps and intake
so now im rice cause my car is stock? i didnt realize that nissan made rice. they arent hubcaps. they are the alloy rims on the early 2000s
i didnt call anyone out. i just made a comment about NOS and you two got your panties in a bunch

Old 08-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Blu
the tits

the point is, with all the mods there are faster stock cars out there. i respect all the people that mod their cars to make them faster. i just think it is stupid to cheat and use NOS.
im 29 years old. im not one of those young kids that spends all his money to make his car a status symbol. im secure in myself
you act like Russ are you two related? How is NITROUS (not NOS) cheating. I guess turbos, and SC's are cheating too unless it comes like that stock. The retarded comment about faster cars stock is just plain ignorant.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Blu
the tits

so now im rice cause my car is stock? i didnt realize that nissan made rice. they arent hubcaps. they are the alloy rims on the early 2000s
i didnt call anyone out. i just made a comment about NOS and you two got your panties in a bunch
since when do maximas come with cone intakes that go VROOOOOOOOOOOM and sound cool? And its ****ing nitrous not NOS tough guy...
Old 08-20-2003, 12:56 PM
jttaylor155

you act like Russ are you two related? How is NITROUS (not NOS) cheating. I guess turbos, and SC's are cheating too unless it comes like that stock. The retarded comment about faster cars stock is just plain ignorant.
i know its nitrous. i said NOS cause thats what someone called it in this thread. isnt that what you kids call it? no turbos are not cheating. you are just forcing more air in. the air that the car already uses. "nitrous" is adding a foriegn substance
so there arent faster cars stock?

Old 08-20-2003, 12:59 PM
jttaylor155

since when do maximas come with cone intakes that go VROOOOOOOOOOOM and sound cool? And its ****ing nitrous not NOS tough guy...
you dont even have nitrous so shut the *** UP

Old 08-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Blu
the tits

i know its nitrous. i said NOS cause thats what someone called it in this thread. isnt that what you kids call it? no turbos are not cheating. you are just forcing more air in. the air that the car already uses. "nitrous" is adding a foriegn substance
so there arent faster cars stock?
your 29 poor fella
Old 08-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Blu
the tits

you dont even have nitrous so shut the *** UP
Im beginning too enjoy this. How the **** do you know what I have..............................................
Old 08-20-2003, 01:01 PM
jttaylor155

your 29 poor fella
and your 22, so fuking what

Old 08-20-2003, 01:02 PM
jttaylor155

Im beginning too enjoy this. How the **** do you know what I have..............................................
all i have to go on is you homepage. that all you have to go on with me. how do you know i dont have new rims, etc. you dont. so blow me

Old 08-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Blu
the tits

and your 22, so fuking what
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA didn't learn math in grade school huh. Just remember IT WILL BE OK......
Old 08-20-2003, 01:04 PM
jttaylor155

whatever happened to your buddy SR20DEN ?
did i offend him by calling him riceboy

Old 08-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Blu
the tits

all i have to go on is you homepage. that all you have to go on with me. how do you know i dont have new rims, etc. you dont. so blow me
are you sure you 29 or one of Russ's brothers. Such maturity
Old 08-20-2003, 01:05 PM

post ****** lol

Quick Reply: what if I put 110 octane gas in my MAX