5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

what if I put 110 octane gas in my MAX

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 01:07 PM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

are you sure you 29 or one of Russ's brothers. Such maturity
so now im imature cause i dont think its "cool" to have nitrous? im imature cause i outgrew childish **** like that?
HMMMMM

Old 08-20-2003, 01:09 PM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
post ****** lol

how far outside baltimore do you live. i want to come check out yours and igors cars sometime

Old 08-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by jttaylor155

so now im imature cause i dont think its "cool" to have nitrous? im imature cause i outgrew childish **** like that?
HMMMMM
so all the professional racers that use nitrous as a power adder are childish. I was referring too your attempts at cut downs "so blow me" HAHAHA I appreciate this man its great
Old 08-20-2003, 01:12 PM
jttaylor155

so all the professional racers that use nitrous as a power adder are childish. I was referring too your attempts at cut downs "so blow me" HAHAHA I appreciate this man its great
i couldnt have said it better myself, thanks
"professional racers" which sorry to burst your bubble YOU ARE NOT
point proven, BY YOU. thanks again
this is so fun.

Old 08-20-2003, 01:12 PM

i believe your up next jttaylor
Old 08-20-2003, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by FifGen

i believe your up next jttaylor
nevermind you still beat me
Old 08-20-2003, 01:13 PM
jttaylor155

this is so fun.

have a good day

Old 08-20-2003, 01:15 PM
Blu
the tits

this is so fun.
so if myself or other car owners use it for track purposes its rice. You are the biggest retard I think since Russ.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

"NOS" is rice!! and its cheating. its a cheap lazy way to get speed. its for people that dont know how and are to lazy to mod their car to make it fast. its more impressive if someone actually puts time, money, and effort into modding their car.

You CLEARLY don't have a clue, so let me just say that NITROUS(not NOS!!!!!!! You've been watching too much F&F!!!) is the BEST bang-for-your-buck mod POSSIBLE.

I don't have the money to WASTE on a turbocharger or supercharger that I'll use VERY sparingly, HOWEVER I'd like to have power ON DEMAND. SC/TC's wear on the engine everytime you hit boost and are a parasitic loss when you don't. Nitrous on the other hand only wears on the engine when you use it and isn't a parasitic loss as much as a TC/SC is, however that is somewhat debatable.

Anyways, nitrous is just ANOTHER form of FI, just like a TC vs. SC and the many different varities.

So, WHY WOULD YOU KNOCK NITROUS? Is it because it's the best-bang-for-your-buck mod? Is it because it's a viable option for those on a budget? Is it because it's the ONLY FI bolt-on option for cars like the 2K+ Maximas have? Is it because it produces power without the side-effects of a SC/TC? Is it because it WORKS better for MOST people then a SC/TC since it's not "on" all the time?

Or is it just because nitrous is the BEST option?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by IceY2K1

You CLEARLY don't have a clue, so let me just say that NITROUS(not NOS!!!!!!! You've been watching too much F&F!!!) is the BEST bang-for-your-buck mod POSSIBLE.

I don't have the money to WASTE on a turbocharger or supercharger that I'll use VERY sparingly, HOWEVER I'd like to have power ON DEMAND. SC/TC's wear on the engine everytime you hit boost and are a parasitic loss when you don't. Nitrous on the other hand only wears on the engine when you use it and isn't a parasitic loss as much as a TC/SC is, however that is somewhat debatable.

Anyways, nitrous is just ANOTHER form of FI, just like a TC vs. SC and the many different varities.

So, WHY WOULD YOU KNOCK NITROUS? Is it because it's the best-bang-for-your-buck mod? Is it because it's a viable option for those on a budget? Is it because it's the ONLY FI bolt-on option for cars like the 2K+ Maximas have? Is it because it produces power without the side-effects of a SC/TC? Is it because it WORKS better for MOST people then a SC/TC since it's not "on" all the time?

Or is it just because nitrous is the BEST option?
NOS is rice Ice
Old 08-20-2003, 01:20 PM
jjs

Granted, I have been in my share of wars here, but I just can't believe how this innocent thread spiralled down the toilet like this!!

Old 08-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by jjs
Granted, I have been in my share of wars here, but I just can't believe how this innocent thread spiralled down the toilet like this!!

just couldn't help myself too ignorance
Old 08-20-2003, 01:33 PM

the point is, with all the mods there are faster stock cars out there. i respect all the people that mod their cars to make them faster. i just think it is stupid to cheat and use NOS.
im 29 years old. im not one of those young kids that spends all his money to make his car a status symbol. im secure in myself
After reading the all the threads. It doesn't seem to me that you are making a constructive comments but actually trying to push someone else button my calling them "stupid" or "ignorance" for modding their car w/nitrous. A mod is still a mod no matter it's for performance or looks. Yes, you are entitled to express your opinion but I think you are over the line w/your comments. That's just not nice!
-peace
Old 08-20-2003, 01:40 PM
It's chrome alright...

I understand his point... I disagree, but I understand. I bet (if he was quick-witted enough) he'd compare it to steroids. Two guys race but one's on steroids so he wins. When he stops the 'roids he loses, so it's not "really" him who's winning, it's the drugs.

Flash forward to this thread... NAWWWS is the steroid, making a car "seem" faster than it is. Of course his argument is flawed because isn't that what induction does, too?

jttaylor155, answer this... is a sc/tc 'cheating'? A max isn't 'supposed' to have a sc/tc so if someone adds it then he must be cheating, right? If you say "no, a sc/tc isn't cheating" then you're going against your own argument.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:46 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
I understand his point... I disagree, but I understand. I bet (if he was quick-witted enough) he'd compare it to steroids. Two guys race but one's on steroids so he wins. When he stops the 'roids he loses, so it's not "really" him who's winning, it's the drugs.

Flash forward to this thread... NAWWWS is the steroid, making a car "seem" faster than it is. Of course his argument is flawed because isn't that what induction does, too?

jttaylor155, answer this... is a sc/tc 'cheating'? A max isn't 'supposed' to have a sc/tc so if someone adds it then he must be cheating, right? If you say "no, a sc/tc isn't cheating" then you're going against your own argument.
i dont think he can answer, at least under that name.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:48 PM
VQ Wizard

whatever happened to your buddy SR20DEN ?
did i offend him by calling him riceboy

I had to run off and earn some of my paycheck. Which was probably the best thing to keep me from arguing with you.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:51 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally posted by SR20DEN

I had to run off and earn some of my paycheck. Which was probably the best thing to keep me from arguing with you.
did your tires fall off on the way there?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:07 PM
VQ Wizard

I fail to see why this guy got banned. I certainly hope it was for something more than arguing with us.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:10 PM
jjs

I fail to see why this guy got banned. I certainly hope it was for something more than arguing with us.
I think it was a long history of predictable and repeated behavior.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Lightly modded

oh man, i wanted to hear his response to the question posted to him earlier. reading his posts was pretty funny. is it me, or are people getting banned left and right these days?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

no turbos are not cheating. you are just forcing more air in. the air that the car already uses. "nitrous" is adding a foriegn substance
it is more than just pushing air into your car.

so, what about people who use both juice and boost? i.e. mardigras, hal, Y2KevSE, jhans114.....are they...cheaters too? or half-cheaters because they have turbo/SC.

just a friendly reminder.....have you noticed that your friend, NT2SHBBY, is not posting anymore? ever wonder why he's not (able to) posting anymore? hmmmmm....
Old 08-20-2003, 03:53 PM

Originally posted by 95maxrider
oh man, i wanted to hear his response to the question posted to him earlier. reading his posts was pretty funny. is it me, or are people getting banned left and right these days?
Yep...no more warnings or policing. Just .

I've got better things to do.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:18 PM
jjs

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

just a friendly reminder.....have you noticed that your friend, NT2SHBBY, is not posting anymore? ever wonder why he's not (able to) posting anymore? hmmmmm....
I was just thinking about that! Was wondering why we weren't getting the 'why don't you go...something' slams.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:55 PM
gotbanned

Yep...no more warnings or policing. Just .

I've got better things to do.
so let me get this straight....you can actively engage in an argument with someone then ban them?? dosent really seem right now does it? There is alot of double standards in here. Certain "special" groups of people can do anything they want and nothing happens. there have been endless threads with people arguing and talking trash to eachother including MODERATORS!!! actually most the threads these days end up that way. if i made these thread so "bad" why didnt it get deleted? people talk bad about my car all the time. i dont care. but they dont get banned.
i didnt mean to upset people. i was just having a discussion about nitrous and giving my opinions. yes it may have gotten out of hand but what other thread hasnt. sorry if i ruffled the "nos is the best thing in the world" crowd.
have a wonderful day and take care.
jttaylor155

Old 08-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Bandwagon Lover

The issue isn't with ruffling feathers, it's with the way you approach things. Maybe you will learn that as you grow up.

Age does not mean a thing......Son....

Old 08-20-2003, 05:34 PM

Nawzz is cool, nitrous is ok too. NX is the best.

Guess I will have to take my bottle out now that I know its cheating. I wonder why they didn't tell me that at the track when I had my tech inspection?

About the original question, I use 115 Octane unleaded for racing, not to get better performance but to reduce the chance of detonation. Its probably a waste of money if you are not running some form of boost (like my liquid supercharger) because it will not likely enhance your performance even slightly.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by gotbanned

so let me get this straight....you can actively engage in an argument with someone then ban them?? dosent really seem right now does it? There is alot of double standards in here. Certain "special" groups of people can do anything they want and nothing happens. there have been endless threads with people arguing and talking trash to eachother including MODERATORS!!! actually most the threads these days end up that way. if i made these thread so "bad" why didnt it get deleted? people talk bad about my car all the time. i dont care. but they dont get banned.
i didnt mean to upset people. i was just having a discussion about nitrous and giving my opinions. yes it may have gotten out of hand but what other thread hasnt. sorry if i ruffled the "nos is the best thing in the world" crowd.
jttaylor155

guess I should've posted it earlier.....
Old 08-20-2003, 06:27 PM

Looks like someone caught one of Jeff92SE's fish...
Old 08-20-2003, 06:45 PM

sorry if i ruffled the nos is the best thing in the world crowd.
It's N-I-T-R-O-U-S.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:46 PM
VQ Wizard

jttaylor155

I did not support the fact that you got banned. I even asked a moderator why but got the big "No" answer that we usually get when we ask questions. I do respect the fact that you had the ***** to speak your mind even though I disagreed with you. One of the good things I speak of about this board is that we seem to have more freedom of speech as opposed to other boards that are populated by forum ***** who're only concerned with lining their own pockets with cash from sponsors. I hope we can keep the right to speak our minds on this board even if our opinions are in the minority at times.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:54 PM

I did not support the fact that you got banned. I even asked a moderator why but got the big "No" answer that we usually get when we ask questions. I do respect the fact that you had the ***** to speak your mind even though I disagreed with you. One of the good things I speak of about this board is that we seem to have more freedom of speech as opposed to other boards that are populated by forum ***** who're only concerned with lining their own pockets with cash from sponsors. I hope we can keep the right to speak our minds on this board even if our opinions are in the minority at times.
It had NOTHING to do with his opinion on the subject of this thread.

Find his history of comments and attitude and you'll know he had it coming LOOOOOOOOONG before this thread. I just forgot about him, since NT2CRAPPY hasn't been around.

"Expression" of his opinion just reminded me who he was and the negative contribution he makes to this forum.

We don't need that here and I'm cleaning house from now on. You either contribute POSITIVE or keep your mouth shut. Either is fine, however if you're negative you're GOOOOOOONE!

P.S: Sorry about the "No"...I didn't have time to respond better.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:04 PM

Find his history of comments and attitude and you'll know he had it coming LOOOOOOOOONG before this thread. I just forgot about him, since NT2CRAPPY hasn't been around.

"Expression" of his opinion just reminded me who he was and the negative contribution he makes to this forum.

We don't need that here and I'm cleaning house from now on. You either contribute POSITIVE or keep your mouth shut. Either is fine, however if you're negative you're GOOOOOOONE!

Since we're all whoring....

So this bear walks into a bar and sits down on a bar stool.

Bartender says, "Hey, man....what are ya havin'?"

Bear says, "Hmmm.....I'll have a gin and.......................tonic, please."

Bartender looks at the bear kind of funny and says, "Um, ok, but what's up with the big pause?"

Bear holds his paws up and says, "I'm a bear."

OK, it's funnier when I tell it in person and after a few bears, I mean beers. Just trying to stay with the mandated positive motif.

Or should I say, PAWSotive.

I think I should be going now...
Old 08-20-2003, 08:07 PM
jjs

Ok, I just want something clarified here.

If we express opinions, like on hoods, body kits, etc., etc., etc., that are VALID opinions of those products and appearances...THEN are accused of any one of a variety of issues, DO we have a right to defend our opinions or not??? If something looks like crap, we should have the ability to say so...without being construed as 'negative'.

Again, no flaming...I just want to know how this will now work.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by jjs

If we express opinions, like on hoods, body kits, etc., etc., etc., that are VALID opinions of those products and appearances...THEN are accused of any one of a variety of issues, DO we have a right to defend our opinions or not??? If something looks like crap, we should have the ability to say so...without being construed as 'negative'.

I can't speak for anybody but his posts were repetitive - same old same old day in and day out. Post whoring for the hell of it and somewhat condescending arguments just got old after a while. Some people may enjoy reading that kind of stuff and it certainly made for some good entertainment, but it also made for a lot of junk (kinda like 89.9% of your posts, jjs )

Maybe banning him without a warning was severe but it was just getting old. Besides, everyone is entitled to my opinion. Don't you people know that by now???

I have to go and take my meds.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:20 PM
jjs

Originally posted by badabing

(kinda like 89.9% of your posts, jjs )

Exactly like this!! Is this negative or what?
Old 08-20-2003, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by jjs

Exactly like this!! Is this negative or what?
That's not negative, my brother. That's called FACT!!

By the way, man, I've noticed you've been easing up on the noobs lately. Taking it easy for the summer or just waiting for the search to come back up?

If you keep messin' with me, I'll be forced to tell you my duck joke.

DON'T go there.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:39 PM
jjs

Originally posted by badabing

That's not negative, my brother. That's called FACT!!

By the way, man, I've noticed you've been easing up on the noobs lately. Taking it easy for the summer or just waiting for the search to come back up?

If you keep messin' with me, I'll be forced to tell you my duck joke.

DON'T go there.
I may have had my share of run-ins but most have been the result of people posting 'what do you think' threads or 'what tires should I get' threads. Both of which get what they ask for...in the first they get an HONEST opinion, one which most aren't mature enough to accept even if they requested it, in the second I will admit since the search feature has been sporadic (EVEN though in HUGE red letters) I have eased up on. I am not messing with anyone. Case in point...today's thread about a hard to fit G35 mask...my only comment was 'And?' as in expecting this to have someting to do with Maxima's let alone anything more than a ***** thread.

I simply want to know when or if this forum is going to responses that affirm original poster's thoughs/opinions/tastes or if this place is to remain a place of exchanging ideas and perspectives AND bringing attetion to those of the features that exist (search, FAQ's, etc.) which were not exactly subtly introduced to me a couple years ago.

I am not starting a war here...as usual, i am being backed into one.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:35 PM

Originally posted by jjs

Of course you can say something looks like sheit! Just be NICE and RESPECTFUL, ie treat somebody like you would want to be treated.

You KNOW what I'm talking about.

Example of what NOT to do:
Me: Hey...tell me how bad azz my dope rims are!!!
You: You dumbazz...those heavy azz rims suck! What the *** are you an idiot?

Example of what to do:
Me: Hey...tell me how bad azz my dope rims are.
You: Dude...it's a Maxima NOT a Civic. I saw those once on a Buick...definitely not dope. Why don't you sell those to your kid brother and get these:
[img][/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 09:52 PM

WOW this has got to be one of the funniest threads i have ever read. jttaylor deff got owned at least about 20 times

how is nitrous cheating? you cant cheat at making your car faster....there are no rules
nitrous is a legitimate mod for your car, maybe you should get it so you can actually make your car a sleeper like you said in your homepage jttaylor
Old 08-21-2003, 05:26 AM

Sorry, everybody. I thought I'd return to the topic for just a minute.

My understanding is that increasing the octane rating past the point at which detonation occurs is a waste of money. I use 1 gallon of 100 octane unleaded gasoline per 1/2 tankful of 91 octane which raises my overall octane rating to 92. I do that to eliminate a slight detonation problem I experience at low rpms with my timing advanced to 17 degrees BTDC.

There, now you can go back to discussing NOS or tires or whatever floats your boats.

Quick Reply: what if I put 110 octane gas in my MAX