5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k2 NonBose stereo problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 04:08 PM

2k2 NonBose stereo problems

When I was switching CDs in my non-Bose stereo the player wouldn't take the CD in. It kinda just got stuck in there, then I pressed the CD eject button and it spit it out with an error code. I tried a store bought CD and then a CDRW, but the stereo was having none of it. It's also now making a clicking nose when I press the CD eject button and there's no CD there. I was rotating 80minute CDRWs for about 6 months prior with no problems.
Any idea what's wrong and if there's a fix without taking it to the dealer??
Old 09-14-2002, 05:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 2k2 NonBose stereo problems

Originally posted by Flash2k2
When I was switching CDs in my non-Bose stereo the player wouldn't take the CD in. It kinda just got stuck in there, then I pressed the CD eject button and it spit it out with an error code. I tried a store bought CD and then a CDRW, but the stereo was having none of it. It's also now making a clicking nose when I press the CD eject button and there's no CD there. I was rotating 80minute CDRWs for about 6 months prior with no problems.
Any idea what's wrong and if there's a fix without taking it to the dealer??
my had the same problem about 2 months ago, I took it into the dealer, and they told me the reason why my cdplayer is not working is b/c there is another CD in there. Which is TOTOAL BS. Anyways, they said they'll order another one for me since its under warranty. 2 months later, i'm still waiting
Old 09-14-2002, 07:12 PM

this answer won't help....you should have got a Bose.

Hey BIO and Flash, if the dealer won't change it or they are delaying it, threaten them by saying you will call Nissan. It usually works and if they still don't replace it, you can call Nissan again to report the dealership and how they won't cooperate.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by GLE02NJ

Hey BIO and Flash, if the dealer won't change it or they are delaying it, threaten them by saying you will call Nissan. It usually works and if they still don't replace it, you can call Nissan again to report the dealership and how they won't cooperate.
thx, i'll try that on monday. the reason i didn't get bose is b/c i think bose blows....i already changed out speakers & added amps and subs
Old 09-14-2002, 09:19 PM

Re: Re: 2k2 NonBose stereo problems

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
my had the same problem about 2 months ago, I took it into the dealer, and they told me the reason why my cdplayer is not working is b/c there is another CD in there. Which is TOTOAL BS. Anyways, they said they'll order another one for me since its under warranty. 2 months later, i'm still waiting

Crap same thing happened to me.. I have been waiting for oer a freaken month! I guess it's on national back order. I hope I get it soon
Old 09-15-2002, 09:17 AM

I have the exact same problem. Didn't know about the backorder - I guess I'd better go get in line.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:42 AM

The Bose SUCKS!

Originally posted by GLE02NJ

WHAAT???

I'll assume that statement was a joke. Out of 10 months of ownership, my '02 Bose has worked for a total of 5 months (no joke) I've had it replaced TWICE and it is on backorder now. I'm getting really tired of being stuck to listening to the radio until Nissan gets their act together.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:00 AM

Re: The Bose SUCKS!

Originally posted by ford5litre

WHAAT???

I'll assume that statement was a joke. Out of 10 months of ownership, my '02 Bose has worked for a total of 5 months (no joke) I've had it replaced TWICE and it is on backorder now. I'm getting really tired of being stuck to listening to the radio until Nissan gets their act together.
it was a joke...but now you are scaring me! i had no problems with my bose and i didn't really expect to get any!
Old 09-17-2002, 11:39 AM
Very sound, Mike

Bose = Non-Bose in terms of quality issues.

If anyone wants a refurbished non-Bose (got it as replacement for the first unit that went bye-bye) LMK.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by soundmike
Bose = Non-Bose in terms of quality issues.

If anyone wants a refurbished non-Bose (got it as replacement for the first unit that went bye-bye) LMK.
My non-bose cd player went as well. I waited 1 week.. bring the car in and they inform me they got the wrong radio

I thought the head units were Clarion. What difference would Bose or non-Bose make?
Old 09-17-2002, 07:37 PM

After waiting for 6+ weeks, and every week they would tell me it'll be here this week. I finally went to the dealer and try to find out if it will ever come in. Guess what the dealer told me???????

we can't find the order..................

i got so ****ed, came home and called Nissan of North America. They told me it would be here by next week .......i sure hope so
Old 10-05-2002, 03:16 PM

My non-Bose just went out this afternoon. Same symptoms, "CD ERR F3"

I will be speaking with the dealership on Monday. This is so disappointing...
Old 10-05-2002, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by 2K2SE

i think that's the exact same error code i got.
btw, after 9+ weeks of waiting. The dealer called me on Friday to bring the car in on Tuesday so they can change the hu out for me....

do you guys think it'll come this time?
Old 10-05-2002, 03:56 PM

I got that same error on my Bose unit.... did you say yours was a non-Bose? I wonder if the HU's are actually different.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by ford5litre

I got that same error on my Bose unit.... did you say yours was a non-Bose? I wonder if the HU's are actually different.
Yup, non-Bose. IIRC, the non-Bose are made by Clarion. I've had 4 nissans including the Max and I've had problems with every Clarion HU, except those were all tape decks. This is the first Clarion CD player I've had. Not impressed. I've only had the car for 7 months! Argh.

BioMax, I hope for your sake it does.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: 2k2 NonBose stereo problems

Originally posted by emax95

Crap same thing happened to me.. I have been waiting for oer a freaken month! I guess it's on national back order. I hope I get it soon
i remember when that happened your were ****ed, seriously dude you need to get a new headunit so that your amp get's a good signal the signal it's getting now is junk. you have good amp and components and the stock headunit is killign you.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:50 AM

Mine went out yesterday afternoon too. Displayed the same error message. Initially I thought it was just the scratch on the CD surface but that wasn't the issue. Tried it again with another CD, still same error. It was fine 2 days ago.

I'll go to my dealer sometime next week to have it looked at, and replaced within a reasonable amount of time.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Same thing happened to my cd player about a month ago and im still waiting for the radio to come in also , i called nissan and asked what the deal was , they told me they are having problems with all the cd players in the maxima's and pathfinder's....
Old 03-02-2003, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by ICELANDIC MAX

Mine went out yesterday afternoon too. Displayed the same error message. Initially I thought it was just the scratch on the CD surface but that wasn't the issue. Tried it again with another CD, still same error. It was fine 2 days ago.

I'll go to my dealer sometime next week to have it looked at, and replaced within a reasonable amount of time.
Update on my situation:
I was able to bring my car in for inspection this week, and the service tech ordered a new set of stereo b/c he found it to be inoperative. New stereo came in 4 days after the initial inspection. Installed w/o any problem this morning. Total time was less than 1 week. I am pretty happy with this dealer for its quick response in dealing with warranty repair.