5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

OT, but check out the 2005 Stang! (pic's)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 08:04 PM

Great thread, let's bash every american car brand, even the ones that we've owned b4. One thing that we all should realize, FORD is not going to make that car, simple as that. Do we not remember what the last Mach III that was shown to us ten years ago when the last generation was refreshed? The 390 HP SC engine is possible but not yet real. Did anyone here not read the article in www.autoweek.com about Ford no longer producing the 2K3 SVT Mustang because the engines were blowing up? The Max is not god's gift to earth but, a Ford is still a Ford, isn't it? If Ford manufactured anything close to that car it would cost nearly $50k for a convertible, and $40k for the coupe. The most HP the SVT version would have according to everything that I've read about it is 300HP, not anything to wriye home about. The 2K3 G35 Coupe, a rear wheel drive car, produces 280HP, without mods. Surely NISMO, or someone else will develop a catback that produces eight additional HP, an intake that produces another seven for a couple hundred bucks. In other words, there are cars, dramatically better put together than the Stang, that will be a better value when that car is finally released. Ya'll know what the Rubman will be driving later this year, aside from keeping he Mighty Max.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm needing a caw

It's hard to keep a coversation when you keep contradicting yourself.

Of course you would take a Shelby over a Maxima if someone just gave it to you. You would take a Pacer or a Pinto if someone gave it to you also. Doesn't really make a statement either way. Which is what you have been doing all along.

I've been very clear about answering your questions. You continue to be vague. Shrugs. No biggie I guess.
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Once again I said I'd take a Shelby over a Maxima, I'd take is different from I'd buy, in other words someone would have to give it to me rather than me buying one out of my own pocket.

My point was never to put down the retro styling of the Ford or Nissan but rather state the obvious that creativity is going in one or the other direction, it's either mix old with new or just plain old bland and this is the sad part.
What is it you are trying to prove? It's obvious that you are not reading well and that you are reading way, way too much into this.

I didn't say I did not like the industries styling cues, my statement remains the same and you just keep trying to make some kind of point by twisting and overstating your own comments by adding things that I did not say.
Go ahead though and keep on keeping on, moderate by calming yourself and reading verbatim, not what you are trying to perceive.

I'm not adding words to your comments, so please stop overofficiating and just chalk this up to our differences on the matter of auto styling as of late is just 2 different things that you don't see my point and that will keep us from seeing eye to eye on as long as you continue to do so.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by rubman
Great thread, let's bash every american car brand, even the ones that we've owned b4. One thing that we all should realize, FORD is not going to make that car, simple as that. Do we not remember what the last Mach III that was shown to us ten years ago when the last generation was refreshed? The 390 HP SC engine is possible but not yet real. Did anyone here not read the article in www.autoweek.com about Ford no longer producing the 2K3 SVT Mustang because the engines were blowing up? The Max is not god's gift to earth but, a Ford is still a Ford, isn't it? If Ford manufactured anything close to that car it would cost nearly $50k for a convertible, and $40k for the coupe. The most HP the SVT version would have according to everything that I've read about it is 300HP, not anything to wriye home about. The 2K3 G35 Coupe, a rear wheel drive car, produces 280HP, without mods. Surely NISMO, or someone else will develop a catback that produces eight additional HP, an intake that produces another seven for a couple hundred bucks. In other words, there are cars, dramatically better put together than the Stang, that will be a better value when that car is finally released. Ya'll know what the Rubman will be driving later this year, aside from keeping he Mighty Max.
The Autoweek article (written on Nov 5) only says that they temporarily stopped production and were scheduled to resume Nov 15, I am guessing probably for an issue in the manufacturing process that was causing a defect. Its funny how here on the Org things get reported in a wildly overstated manner "engines blowing up" and "no longer producing the Cobra".

Aside from that, where did you hear the SVT version would only have 300 hp? The N/A Cobra that was out before the current supercharged one has 330hp. I have serious doubts they would suddenly drop the hp in a Cobra based on a new body style to less than the previous N/A Cobras. I have doubts that the next Cobra will not have a supercharger. Seeing the current trend with SVT vehicles, the next Cobra probably will have a supercharger and will still have at least around the 395 hp it does now.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:41 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
It's hard to keep a coversation when you keep contradicting yourself.

Of course you would take a Shelby over a Maxima if someone just gave it to you. You would take a Pacer or a Pinto if someone gave it to you also. Doesn't really make a statement either way. Which is what you have been doing all along.

I've been very clear about answering your questions. You continue to be vague. Shrugs. No biggie I guess.
Again, you don't know me well enough, so obviously you don't know what I would take or not and I wouldn't take a Pacer or a Pinto if someone gave it to me. As far as contradicting myself, I haven't you just continue to confuse one thing for another. It is no biggie, but don't think you know for one second what I would or wouldn't do.
As far as the rest of this issue, we are beating a dead horse and I'm through kicking it.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:30 AM
vqman

Originally posted by rubman
Did anyone here not read the article in www.autoweek.com about Ford no longer producing the 2K3 SVT Mustang because the engines were blowing up?
I tried the url, but only got autoweeks home page...I want to read this article...where is it?

-vq

Old 01-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by VQMAN

I tried the url, but only got autoweeks home page...I want to read this article...where is it?

-vq
You need to use their search. The entire text is as follows:

"(09:06 Nov. 05, 2002)
Ford temporarily stops production of Cobra due to engine problems

Ford has temporarily stopped production of the 2003 SVT Cobra due to quality concerns.
Ford officials are mum on what’s wrong with the supercharged Mustangs, but assembly plant sources told media that the problem originates with the 4.6-liter V8.

Ford aims to resume production Nov. 15 and will begin delivering finished Cobras that were held back because of the snafu."
Old 01-09-2003, 08:57 AM
I'm needing a caw

You are correct I DON'T know you. I only know what you write. If you write in a contradictary and vague manner, that is how you protray yourself. What do you want me to do? Fly over there and spend a few days getting to know you?

How about addressing my post and continuing the conversation instead of just accusing me of not knowing what's in your mind?

Originally posted by bk2kmax
Again, you don't know me well enough, so obviously you don't know what I would take or not and I wouldn't take a Pacer or a Pinto if someone gave it to me. As far as contradicting myself, I haven't you just continue to confuse one thing for another. It is no biggie, but don't think you know for one second what I would or wouldn't do.
As far as the rest of this issue, we are beating a dead horse and I'm through kicking it.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:25 AM
vqman

You are correct I DON'T know you. I only know what you write. If you write in a contradictary and vague manner, that is how you protray yourself. What do you want me to do? Fly over there and spend a few days getting to know you?

How about addressing my post and continuing the conversation instead of just accusing me of not knowing what's in your mind?

girls, girls...

I'll send you some xanax in the mail...

just don't post ***** anymore until you've had a xanax or two...

-vq

Old 01-09-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm needing a caw

Hmm how about you stay out of it. Xanax that.
<~~~

girls, girls...

I'll send you some xanax in the mail...

just don't post ***** anymore until you've had a xanax or two...

-vq
Old 01-09-2003, 10:07 AM
vqman

Hmm how about you stay out of it. Xanax that.
<~~~
nahh..I don't think I will...stay out of it..

looks like the moderator needs a moderator.

I hope you just joking back at me...

-vq

Old 01-09-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm needing a caw

Looks like you need to stop whoring up the thread. But at least I can tell where you're coming from ~~><~~ SFD

nahh..I don't think I will...stay out of it..

looks like the moderator needs a moderator.

I hope you just joking back at me...

-vq
Old 01-09-2003, 10:47 AM

Wooah! Talking about 'stangs sure gets a man fired up!
I give this thread : :

I think the front of the car looks a lot like the T-Bird.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:37 AM
living out of a maxima...

some old saying: It's not a good idea to argue with idiots, because from a distance you can't tell who's who.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:01 PM
vqman

Originally posted by T-bone
Wooah! Talking about 'stangs sure gets a man fired up!
I give this thread : :

I think the front of the car looks a lot like the T-Bird.
lol...two flames....

-vq

Old 01-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Boost.....

JEFF>>>>> <<<<VQMAN

Old 01-09-2003, 12:15 PM
jjs

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp
JEFF>>>>> <<<<VQMAN

Old 01-09-2003, 05:00 PM
I'm needing a caw

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp