5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Thx for the advice guyz! (re: fstb & rsb)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 08:31 AM

Thx for the advice guyz! (re: fstb & rsb)

Well, I finally received my stillen fstb and rsb and installed both over the weekend. Like some others on the forum, I research the he** out of things until I'm convinced that the mod will not only make reasonable improvements, but more importantly, will have minimal negative side-effects.

Well, I'm here to say (no surprise to most) that the fstb and rsb combo's effectiveness is DRAMATIC! I'm so glad I acted on the advice of many. My car now has virtually 'ZERO' body roll. As many stated, the fstb was hardly noticeable, but the rsb was dramatic and a very welcome complement to the over-all drivability.

If you're at all considering purchasing these mod's, no sense in wasting time. YOU WILL NOTICE A DIFFERENCE! A very positive one
Old 11-12-2002, 08:34 AM
Banned

Re: Thx for the advice guyz! (re: fstb & rsb)

Originally posted by CHAZMAX
Well, I finally received my stillen fstb and rsb and installed both over the weekend. Like some others on the forum, I research the he** out of things until I'm convinced that the mod will not only make reasonable improvements, but more importantly, will have minimal negative side-effects.

Well, I'm here to say (no surprise to most) that the fstb and rsb combo's effectiveness is DRAMATIC! I'm so glad I acted on the advice of many. My car now has virtually 'ZERO' body roll. As many stated, the fstb was hardly noticeable, but the rsb was dramatic and a very welcome complement to the over-all drivability.

If you're at all considering purchasing these mod's, no sense in wasting time. YOU WILL NOTICE A DIFFERENCE! A very positive one
Must've cost a pretty penny for those parts, but as long as there's no problems, that's good to hear.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:18 AM

Re: Re: Thx for the advice guyz! (re: fstb & rsb)

Originally posted by VQPowerSE
Must've cost a pretty penny for those parts, but as long as there's no problems, that's good to hear.
Yeh, it wasn't cheap. I picked em' up thru JR NISSAN, who I would also recommend. Saved me a few bux, and was very helpful and friendly. The install on the fstb was cake, but the rsb didn't want to cooperate. Definately worth the time tho!
Old 11-12-2002, 01:53 PM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: Thx for the advice guyz! (re: fstb & rsb)

Yeh, it wasn't cheap. I picked em' up thru JR NISSAN, who I would also recommend. Saved me a few bux, and was very helpful and friendly. The install on the fstb was cake, but the rsb didn't want to cooperate. Definately worth the time tho!
Great! Just Great!!

Since I know you like the results and drive much the same roads I do...now I have even more need to get the RSB! As soon as some feedback on the Cattman install is available, guess I know what phone call I will be making!

Old 11-12-2002, 02:00 PM

Re: Thx for the advice guyz! (re: fstb & rsb)

I had RSB on my 2000 SE and I had major body roll with it. It did make the rear of the car flatter, but still car rolled on corners pretty good. I didn't really like it and sold it.

I installed H&Rs on 2002 SE and not only car looks 100% better, but the it handles better than 2000 SE did with RSB on.(I didn't have H&Rs on 2000 SE).

RSB probably does work alittle, but rear of the Maxima is pretty solid already so there is no need for RSB.
Old 11-12-2002, 03:07 PM

Re: Re: Thx for the advice guyz! (re: fstb & rsb)

Originally posted by Dany

I had RSB on my 2000 SE and I had major body roll with it. It did make the rear of the car flatter, but still car rolled on corners pretty good. I didn't really like it and sold it.

I installed H&Rs on 2002 SE and not only car looks 100% better, but the it handles better than 2000 SE did with RSB on.(I didn't have H&Rs on 2000 SE).

RSB probably does work alittle, but rear of the Maxima is pretty solid already so there is no need for RSB.
Well, all I can say is that I DID feel a significant difference. Body roll was greatly limited.

Obviously, I don't think a simple rsb could possibly compare to H&R's...

Also, when I installed the rsb, the stillen instrux said to use 3rd and 5th hole on bar. This would put the bar FURTHER BACK than all the pic's I printed up off the forum, including the stillen pic on instrux. I (instead) used 2nd and 4th hole. Several threads I read had stated that the further forward the bar, the more the effect. By using the 2nd and 4th, I believe it put the bar at the optimal position. When installed, the bar was in the exact position as the stillen picture. I don't know why the descrepancy, but it worked for me...