5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Race: Mustang GT, IS300, Monte Carlo SS... and ME.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 12:36 PM

Race: Mustang GT, IS300, Monte Carlo SS... and ME.

Well, I normally don't post races, but this one I couldn't resist.

I was coming home in my auto 2k2 from my girlfriend's saturday night (morning) at about 2:00 AM on Hwy 290 in Houston. And three cars (seemed to be friends of each other) pulled next to me and took off. So I caught up w/ em and IT WAS ON...

I don't know what tranny's they had, but I'm auto-trajic, so I wasn't expecting too much. The first race was against a blue IS300. We slowed to about 45-50mph and we hit it. He hit it a little earlier and had me by about a car length. I quickly gained and passed and let off about 3 car lengths ahead at about 105 mph. Then it was a white Mustang GT's turn. It was a relatively new one although he had some sort of shi$$y-looking aftermarket exhaust. I thought I was gonna get my a$$ handed to me. We took off at the same time and I slowly started to pulled on him and left him by about 2 lengths to 110mph! He gave me thumbs up and then motioned for one more time. So we again slowed to about 45mph and I motioned for him to just go. He hit it, then I did. I then noticed a new white Monte Carlo SS that joined the race in the left lane (I was in the middle). Both were ahead of me by about 1 length. I then reeled in the SS and then the GT and pulled by about 3 car lengths! We shut down at about 120mph this time. It was surprisingly easy, even if he was auto. Admittedly, he had a few people in the car. I had two. Does the Max have that much top-end advantage over the Mustang?
Old 10-14-2002, 01:35 PM
Boost.....

Re: Race: Mustang GT, IS300, Monte Carlo SS... and ME.

Originally posted by CHAZMAX
Well, I normally don't post races, but this one I couldn't resist.

I was coming home in my auto 2k2 from my girlfriend's saturday night (morning) at about 2:00 AM on Hwy 290 in Houston. And three cars (seemed to be friends of each other) pulled next to me and took off. So I caught up w/ em and IT WAS ON...

I don't know what tranny's they had, but I'm auto-trajic, so I wasn't expecting too much. The first race was against a blue IS300. We slowed to about 45-50mph and we hit it. He hit it a little earlier and had me by about a car length. I quickly gained and passed and let off about 3 car lengths ahead at about 105 mph. Then it was a white Mustang GT's turn. It was a relatively new one although he had some sort of shi$$y-looking aftermarket exhaust. I thought I was gonna get my a$$ handed to me. We took off at the same time and I slowly started to pulled on him and left him by about 2 lengths to 110mph! He gave me thumbs up and then motioned for one more time. So we again slowed to about 45mph and I motioned for him to just go. He hit it, then I did. I then noticed a new white Monte Carlo SS that joined the race in the left lane (I was in the middle). Both were ahead of me by about 1 length. I then reeled in the SS and then the GT and pulled by about 3 car lengths! We shut down at about 120mph this time. It was surprisingly easy, even if he was auto. Admittedly, he had a few people in the car. I had two. Does the Max have that much top-end advantage over the Mustang?
Its probably going to get a little "hot" in this thread because of race talk.........BUT.......

I have pulled pretty good on GT's, I suspect most of them were all stock though.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:00 PM
PoweredbyNissan

anyone heard about the new turbo for IS300 that gives 315hp to the wheels with 7lb of boost? why don't they make one like that for 2k2 maximas?!?!?!?

Old 10-14-2002, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by PoweredbyNissan
anyone heard about the new turbo for IS300 that gives 315hp to the wheels with 7lb of boost? why don't they make one like that for 2k2 maximas?!?!?!?
because the IS300 uses the toyota inline 6 (supra engine)
Old 10-14-2002, 02:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow, racing in Houston, definitely not a good idea . I guess 290 has fewer cops and it was late, but still. One night on 59N, I saw 4 cops (3 with cars pulled over) between W. Bellfort and 610. That's about a 10 mile stretch.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Tanman
Wow, racing in Houston, definitely not a good idea . I guess 290 has fewer cops and it was late, but still. One night on 59N, I saw 4 cops (3 with cars pulled over) between W. Bellfort and 610. That's about a 10 mile stretch.
Man, you're not kiddin! When I think back, I feel like I was pretty stupid to be hittin those kinda speeds on 290, especially w/ my girlfriend in the car. But I just couldn't resist! It's not everyday that ya get an opp to race three different cars on an open straight. I especially wanted to run w/ the Stang, since that's all I've owned since I was 18. Plus, I seem to have gotten to the casa a little quicker.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:46 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

haha, stangs are pathetic,
so im driving along and this 95 i guess stang rolls up, and picks a race...off a rolling 20 mph, we take off, i have him until about 70 and he gets about 3/4 of a car on me. Red light. I take off and give the Dam 5 Spd 5.0 Liter 8 cylinder GT Mustang with H-Pipe, exhaust and intake, his *** =] Got him by a car.
Not bad for a 2k2 auto with 2 cylinders and 1.5 liters less =]

i was suprised. I thought those cars were rockets...I guess the max is jsut the rocket here