5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

$350 for 15k mile service...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 02:41 PM

$350 for 15k mile service...

Is that outlandish?? Although I have the Infiniti version of the Maxima, maybe that's why they can justify charging that much? Anyways, It looks as though it's just alot of inspecting that needs to be done and of course the replacement of the Air Filter and Air Cond. Filters... Does anyone know how to replace the A/C Filters?
Old 10-07-2002, 02:55 PM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

Re: $350 for 15k mile service...

Originally posted by BlackI35
Is that outlandish?? Although I have the Infiniti version of the Maxima, maybe that's why they can justify charging that much? Anyways, It looks as though it's just alot of inspecting that needs to be done and of course the replacement of the Air Filter and Air Cond. Filters... Does anyone know how to replace the A/C Filters?

I could not justify paying that price for service. Filters easy enough to change on you own. At most, you would pay $6 to $10 dollars for an air filter. The micro filter for the A/C will be more obviously but not enough to justify that price that they give you. (I have not changed the A/C filter yet so I'm not sure where it is but I don't think that it would be that difficult.) I'm not familiar with Infinity service but for that price they ought to detail the car inside and out and maybe I see justifying that price.

just my opinion...

Old 10-07-2002, 03:16 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

actually, even at a good price, the in-cabin air filters will set you back $35-40.. Takes 15 mins to replace.

I cant imagine what else they would be doing.. There are no fluid flushes @ 15K/1yr. Look at the schedule in your owners manual, sounds like they are trying rip you off.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:20 PM

Re: $350 for 15k mile service...

The air filter is very easy to change and is a very inexpensive part. The in-cabin microfilter is a bit more expensive (around $45 or so, I believe) and is a bit of a pain to install, but it can be done by yourself. It's located behind your glove compartment. Just go here to check how it's done:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/instruc...binfilter.html

You shouldn't have to pay $350, when all they they are going to do is inspect, inspect, inspect, followed by a few filter changes and possibly change your oil and oil filter. Do it yourself, if you can, and save some dough.

Peace.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:09 PM

too high

I have the 2000 I30 and just as I did with my 95 max I never bring it to the dealer and do most of the service my self. Look in the manual, all you really need is an oil/filter change. This can be done easily by just crawling under the car..no lift is needed. As far as the AC filter, I do not plan on changing it until 50,000 miles. I have noticed nothing unusal at 23,000 miles with the AC system.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:37 AM

Man I was thinking the same thing, when my dealer told me $305...so I went and found the guy that used to work on my maxima...all they do is "inspect", change a couple filters, and wash the dang car. Uh...NO...I can do this myself!
K
Old 10-09-2002, 08:36 AM

The 15k mile service is a bull****. 30K is more important.

The problem with 30k, is that they do not even change the tranny fluid, they "inspect" it. They flush and fill the radiator, change the oil, replace the air filter, and inspect everything for the low, low, price of $350.00. Wow, what a deal.

Change your air filter and your own oil. Please make sure you change your ATF at 30k.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:30 AM

Re: Re: $350 for 15k mile service...

Originally posted by KennyLau
The air filter is very easy to change and is a very inexpensive part. The in-cabin microfilter is a bit more expensive (around $45 or so, I believe) and is a bit of a pain to install, but it can be done by yourself. It's located behind your glove compartment. Just go here to check how it's done:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/instruc...binfilter.html

You shouldn't have to pay $350, when all they they are going to do is inspect, inspect, inspect, followed by a few filter changes and possibly change your oil and oil filter. Do it yourself, if you can, and save some dough.

Peace.
and i think u r able to clean the micro filter and reuse it .... i do believe i remember reading that on the glove compartment.... so need to to waste money.... just follow that link above and just clean it and reuse it....
Old 10-09-2002, 11:19 AM

Just had this done a couple weeks ago with a friend. If you don't feel knowledgeable enough to do it yourself, just get someone to check out your car with you. It's just an oil change with a ton of inspections of belts, hoses, etc. It'll save you a bundle of cash.