5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rotors warped after 2000 miles???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:41 PM

Rotors warped after 2000 miles???

I had my front rotors replaced about a month ago.....slowly but surely I have had the annoying vibe and shake creep back! How is this possible? I haven't done anything that should cause warpage....he even hand tightened the bolts....he is going to look at it this Thursday to see what it is as he can't believe that rotors would warp that quickly......

Damn...I've about had it with Nissan

If the rear rotors were warped would I feel the shake in the wheel and pedal like you do with bad front rotors?

I had new Dunlops put on and they arent quite balanced but the warped feeling was before I got the new rubber.....do tires that aren't balanced correctly play any part in this...? On some roads they feel great but on others they feel awful....

The vibe is definetely a warpage feeling...but I have some other factors that may magnify it....

Any brake experts care to chime in? I pretty sure the rotors are American made Bendix....

The whole front end feels a little loosey goosey...
Old 08-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Rotors warped after 2000 miles???

rotor judder usually happened on high speed braking....I assumed u replaced a pair of brake pad too....did u break those in properly? If it is not ur driving style (which I doubt it too....if u break a pair of new rotor in....that's quite some driving u had) weather can contribute to warp ur rotor too...if ur place rains a lot......water will make hot rotors warp faster.

Originally posted by jnm2kse
I had my front rotors replaced about a month ago.....slowly but surely I have had the annoying vibe and shake creep back! How is this possible? I haven't done anything that should cause warpage....he even hand tightened the bolts....he is going to look at it this Thursday to see what it is as he can't believe that rotors would warp that quickly......

u wont notice much on the steering wheel if the rear rotors are warped.....but u can tell from the body shake and vibration. try pull hand brake SLOWLY at high speed, more noticible this way.

Damn...I've about had it with Nissan

If the rear rotors were warped would I feel the shake in the wheel and pedal like you do with bad front rotors?

if the tires are not balanced, u will notice vibration without braking.

I had new Dunlops put on and they arent quite balanced but the warped feeling was before I got the new rubber.....do tires that aren't balanced correctly play any part in this...? On some roads they feel great but on others they feel awful....

The vibe is definetely a warpage feeling...but I have some other factors that may magnify it....

Any brake experts care to chime in? I pretty sure the rotors are American made Bendix....

The whole front end feels a little loosey goosey...
Nissan gives out one year warranty on parts and services....dun worry too much about replacing them.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:17 AM
RKS

warped rotors

We had the rotors in our 2k2 turned after just 800 miles
Old 08-20-2002, 07:14 AM

my rotors were warped after 1500 miles... went back to the dealer and they replaced all 4 for free.. when i asked him why this happened he said bacuase the car sits in he lot for long and the rotors loose their shape and warp.