5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Ghetto Grounding half done, simple write up too

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 07:20 PM

Ghetto Grounding half done, simple write up too

Well, I splurged the $8 and got the stuff to do this myself. It took forever, cuz I have no useable tools or anything in the house. But it was fun, and it was certainly worth it. I have a small, simple write up on my homepage.

I only have two extra groudns run right now, three more will be coming, but it seems like my headlights are brighter, my idle is smoother (at a bit lower RPM too), and my stereo sounds cleaner. I may be just imagining it, but I think i spun the tires a half second longer than I normally do as well...

Anyway, just letting you guys know, check out my homepage, page 4, and let me know what you think...

I'll get the other three wires on hopefully before next wednesday and be able to see if there's any gain at the track.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:45 PM
2-Wheelin it...

Re: Ghetto Grounding half done, simple write up too

Originally posted by Ironlord
Well, I splurged the $8 and got the stuff to do this myself. It took forever, cuz I have no useable tools or anything in the house. But it was fun, and it was certainly worth it. I have a small, simple write up on my homepage.

I only have two extra groudns run right now, three more will be coming, but it seems like my headlights are brighter, my idle is smoother (at a bit lower RPM too), and my stereo sounds cleaner. I may be just imagining it, but I think i spun the tires a half second longer than I normally do as well...

Anyway, just letting you guys know, check out my homepage, page 4, and let me know what you think...

I'll get the other three wires on hopefully before next wednesday and be able to see if there's any gain at the track.
i got nothing to do tomorow, so guess what i'll be doing...my weekend driving will prove results.
Old 08-02-2002, 02:30 AM

interesting thread.. last trip i went back to taiwan themz grounding kits were real hot. everyone was selling it, and they weren't cheap too. maybe i'll try doing that after i get my car fixed. =D thanx for the right up.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:07 AM
Mauja He Mauja

what exactly is this supposed to do
Old 08-02-2002, 08:19 AM

Originally posted by dba1999us
what exactly is this supposed to do
there's a big thread in the general forum, but as i understand it, it bolsters the electrical system in your car, providing stronger, cleaner signal for your computer, and can help with power and mileage by giving you a stronger spark that burns more of the air/fuel mixture...
Old 08-02-2002, 08:20 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

there's a big thread in the general forum, but as i understand it, it bolsters the electrical system in your car, providing stronger, cleaner signal for your computer, and can help with power and mileage by giving you a stronger spark that burns more of the air/fuel mixture...
Interesting... And all you need is a stronger ground?? I can't imagine how having 5 grounds could make a difference. Maybe I'll add on one or two more....
Old 08-02-2002, 08:20 AM

Re: Ghetto Grounding half done, simple write up too

I upgraded my ground to 0-gage wire and used a monster cable battery terminal with gold plated connectors. I also used the same wire for grounding the engine. Looks really cool
Old 08-02-2002, 08:29 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Originally posted by asu174

Interesting... And all you need is a stronger ground?? I can't imagine how having 5 grounds could make a difference. Maybe I'll add on one or two more....
]

after reading every post possible, and a few at the WRX forum,i understand how it works. if you think about it. we have one wire from the battery running to EVERYTHING. at some point, we have to have a drop in pure clean ground. the most affect this would have is on older cars, where the wires are drying up, oxidizing, and it really wouldn't be a gain, but more of a "like new" feeling

overall, i assume it would just make the energy flow better. lights brighter, very possible, better idle, i'm doubtful, faster, prolly not, but will the car feel like it just got a massage, perhaps.

maybe it's all in our minds. how many times do we say that the car feels better after we wash it....it's just a wash and it's all in our minds.

whatever makes us happy. i'm doing it cause hey, it's not doing any harm so why not. in the long run, when other cars are having electrical problems, we'll have "back up" wires to assure our electrical system is at its peak.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:31 AM

asu174:
From the other thread and the hyper ground information, it seems five 6 gauge grounds will be the limit for any gains... i would assume you would get more out of it from every ground up to five. i'm gonna try and put the others on today...

Vadim:
I was gonna go bigger than 6 gauge, but my stock was 6 i believe and I think adding five more like it would be fine. Plus 0 gauge would be hard to run, doesn't flex well. but i'm sure your setup does look good, especially if you have it running a nice system...
Old 08-02-2002, 08:45 AM

asu174:
From the other thread and the hyper ground information, it seems five 6 gauge grounds will be the limit for any gains... i would assume you would get more out of it from every ground up to five. i'm gonna try and put the others on today...

Vadim:
I was gonna go bigger than 6 gauge, but my stock was 6 i believe and I think adding five more like it would be fine. Plus 0 gauge would be hard to run, doesn't flex well. but i'm sure your setup does look good, especially if you have it running a nice system...
yeah, I am running a 2-gauge for my amps, so my ground had to be at least 2-gauge or thicker