5th Generation Classifieds (2000-2003) Buy, sell, trade parts for 2000-2003 Maximas

FL New and improved Shinjiduo Groundingkits with faster shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Maxima Grounding Kit Spec

New and improved Shinjiduo Groundingkits with faster shipping!

As most of you know I have been on the org selling these grounding kits for some time now. The quality and performance of my kit have never been questioned but my shipping speed has. I have tried in the past to remedy this by being "more on the ball" but the reality is I winded up doing the same thing over and over again. So I realized the best way to solve my slow issue was to change the way I handle this business. I used to use a "to order model" in which I would not keep supplies need for the kit and instead buy what I needed when a order came in. This led to inconsistency in service and higher prices for my kits as ordered supplies in low quantities and needed to pay shipping each time I ordered supplies.

I now keep a supply of wire for my kits which means most orders ship out the next day and some even same day. I have been using this model for the past couple of months so I know I can stick to it. Not only that but I also decided to change wire brands to a thicker better conductive product and went from triangle crimps to hex crimps for even better conductivity. Here are a few pics comparing my old kits to the new ones:

Old Crimp(Notice how the crimp is tighter in the center and looser on the sides and bottom; that's air and that is bad for conductivity):

New Crimp (notice the more uniform contact and no open areas):

I also bumped up from wire that was more like 4gauge SAE standard to wire that is nearly 3gauge AWG:

Comparison Pic (New Wire on Left and Old Wire on Right):

Conductor Comparison Pic(New Wire on Left and Old Wire on Right):

As you can see just the conductor from my new wire is as thick as the entire wire both jacket and conductor from my old wire.

I still have color options available (in order from top to bottom) Smoke Grey, Deep Red, Translucent Black and Aqua Blue.

The new kit also come in at a lower price from the previous $63.00 shipped within the US to $43.95 plus $3.30 shipping in the US. I will have the brand new order form up next week. So be tuned.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM

Bump
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM

gotta find someone to buy my old kit so i can get a new one!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM

Bump
Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Glory Glory Man United

oh man! That means I got an old kit now? Bump for a great product!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Toolie

How many wires in the kit? Price shipped to Toronto Canada?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM

So what does this mean for someone like me with the old design? Am I not getting the best conductivity with the thinner wire and different crimping?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by djipka
So what does this mean for someone like me with the old design? Am I not getting the best conductivity with the thinner wire and different crimping?
Depends on when you purchased it. I got the new crimper Nov of last year any kit sold after that used the new crimps but the old wire. If you bought a kit a while back it had the old crimp but the wire company I was using had a thicker conductor then hence the reason for the change. Despite that this new wire has a thicker conductor than even my old company's, old wire. Are you really hating on me because I am trying to step my game up? The old wire works fine this new stuff is a little better for less money for many. If you bought my old kit in Nov and Dec you got the lowest price I have sold my kits for years and if you bought it earlier you have enjoyed the benefits for some time. So honestly it is not the great robbery heist you make it out to be.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
How many wires in the kit? Price shipped to Toronto Canada?
5 wires

Supplemental Battery Ground
Supplemental Engine Ground
Throttle body Ground
Starter Ground
Supplemental timing chain ground to chassis

If you go to the order form at www.sdgrounds.com and click the different countries and click in Canada you will get a $6.60 shipping quote.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Shinjiduo
Depends on when you purchased it. I got the new crimper Nov of last year any kit sold after that used the new crimps but the old wire. If you bought a kit a while back it had the old crimp but the wire company I was using had a thicker conductor then hence the reason for the change. Despite that this new wire has a thicker conductor than even my old company's, old wire. Are you really hating on me because I am trying to step my game up? The old wire works fine this new stuff is a little better for less money for many. If you bought my old kit in Nov and Dec you got the lowest price I have sold my kits for years and if you bought it earlier you have enjoyed the benefits for some time. So honestly it is not the great robbery heist you make it out to be.
I got your lowest price. I am not hating on you, I was just asking. No hard feelings at all. Just trying to understand if I need to consider getting a new kit and selling the old one.
I have the kit installed and I have felt the improvements. I have to say my favorite one is the throttle response. I have a 2003 and since it is drive-by-wire the change in throttle response was significant. In fact, since it has been snowing here I had to re-learn now to drive the car because it would spin the tires a bit to easy on any surface that is not totally dry