4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clean Rare stillen equipped/purple 4th gen for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 05:01 PM

Clean Rare stillen equipped/purple 4th gen for sale

Just saw this on Craiglist.. Someone has to want this for parts or finding a rare 4th gen in this condition... It's hard to find these. 5-speed manual too. Low miles..108k. Looks like all it needs is to fix the rear bumper skirts as they're hanging...also missing the Nissan logo on the front grill.

This is truly a good build foundation to start off with for the price than fixing high mileage 4th gens that require a lot more work whether its parts needing to be replaced or exterior issues. I don't see this lasting very long, posted 2hrs ago.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...298466485.html

Last edited by JoshG; 03-28-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Administrator

It takes a certain kind of person to drive a Barney colored car. I could be wrong, but I don't see it selling as fast as you think it will.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:56 PM
JvG

Nice car.

Too bad that he is charging twice it's value because is burple.

He should be asking half it normal value.

Few people would want to drive a burple car.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:39 PM

True not many people may want a purple car, some can use it for parts due to the low mileage or not... Just putting it out there for anyone who may be interested. It's clean for what it is.

There is always someone who will want it. There's a product for everyone. If it were black, pearl white, red, etc...I'm sure it'd sell much faster, especially with mods/Stillen parts on it

Last edited by JoshG; 03-28-2021 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:12 AM
Administrator

The only Stillen parts disclosed are the lip kit, which are still listed on Stillen's website and readily available for purchase. Great kit, but not rare by any means. Then I see red/clear taillights and brand new R34 headlights which are in desperate need of a retrofit as the light output is worse than stock.

Who exactly would spend $3,800 for it to just be a parts car? I don't understand your logic here either. Anyone who buys this is going to appreciate it for what it is and drive it/mod it/etc.

I never understood sellers who are asking top dollar for their car, yet are too lazy to even pick up the trash on the inside. To me, that could be a tell tale sign that things are not what they seem. Also disappointed that the seller can't be bothered to fix the rear lip pieces. Easy fix and would take less than 15 minutes.

Seller states interior is 10/10 but has a busted shifter bezel and the cigarette lighter is missing. I see misc scratches and scuffs too. Don't get me wrong, the interior is in great condition for it's age, but SMH at overzealous sellers who try to oversell their car.

On a side note, it appears the seller may have something rare on his car and he's not even disclosing it. I believe I spy a Stillen exhaust.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:34 AM

As far as rare, I mean as no one is probably ever going to see another purple 4th gen this clean ever again for sale if someone buys it, 5-speed (rarer I heard than automatics and go for a little more $, with its low mileage), and who knows what else the seller may have equipped on it... We don't know whoever decides to buy this car will do to it, maybe they'll enjoy it for what it is and maintain it, maybe they want to relive a 4th gen experience again, there is always a reason for someone's purchase.

No pics of the what's under the hood or exhaust, could either be stock or have some mods, clean headlights, paint looks well-taken care of and not fading away. It's still shining. It could have been stored away for years, we don't know the whole story.

I think it's a fair price for what it has, $2800-$3500 seems the max for having a mint low mile 4th gen these days for a stock one (have seen many sell within that price within the past year) I saw one on Craiglist that was in black, black leather, sunroof, 5-speed with full Stillen kit/few mods sell for $4k a while ago.
Also saw a fully equipped sunroof+ leather 5-speed, stillen supercharger, upgraded brakes, exhaust system, beige paint, and other discontinued items installed listed for $10k a little over 10 months ago or so (it's gone now, so it probably sold I'm assuming).. had roughly 100k miles. It had to be one of the OG member's car that was active on here at one point.

It seems that if 4th gens have some discontinued parts, with Stillen goodies under the hood or exhaust, it goes for quite a bit more if it's clean, running, no body damage/paint issues, or rust issues. In this day n age, you cant find 4th gens like that anymore, they're 20+ yrs old. some people pay more for rarity, it goes back to supply and demand in a way.

While I don't think there is a lot of demand for 4th gens as people moved onto other platforms, but the supply of clean 4th gens popping up with Stillen parts/low mileage/5speed/clean paint/etc for sale is not something to see every day, especially if they're still running and maintained within the past few years. Most are in need of repairs, neglected, or sat for years these days. Only a small percentage still out there running and alive, most beat up.

Last edited by JoshG; 03-29-2021 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JoshG
As far as rare, I mean as no one is probably ever going to see another purple 4th gen this clean ever again for sale.
And for good reason j/k You may be right, but it's still Barney purple. LOL IMO, he should have re-sprayed it the factory color Black.

I saw one on Craiglist that was in black, black leather, sunroof, 5-speed with full Stillen kit/few mods sell for $4k a while ago.
You saw the asking price, you can't assume that's what it sold for.
Also saw a fully equipped sunroof+ leather 5-speed, stillen supercharger, upgraded brakes, exhaust system, beige paint, and other discontinued items installed listed for $10k a little over 10 months ago or so (it's gone now, so it probably sold I'm assuming).. had roughly 100k miles.
Again, this might be another assumption. We don't know what it sold for.

It seems that if 4th gens have some discontinued parts, with Stillen goodies under the hood or exhaust, it goes for quite a bit more if it's clean, running, no body damage/paint issues, or rust issues. In this day n age, you cant find 4th gens like that anymore, they're 20+ yrs old. some people pay more for rarity, it goes back to supply and demand in a way.
Very good condition and low mileage is what typically sells a car. A few aftermarket parts are just a bonus and potentially helps a car sell a little faster, unless a Maxima enthusiast finds and buys the car, then those parts have more perceived value.

While I don't think there is a lot of demand for 4th gens as people moved onto other platforms...
Agree with this. You can have the cleanest Max in the world with the lowest mileage, but if there is no demand for it, then its value goes down and down and down until the right buyer comes along.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:36 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

The color doesn't bother me in the slightest. As long as it was prepped and painted correctly and isn't hiding something.

Is it rare being a 5 spd? Is it desirable? Depends on who you ask. Members on Facebook groups want 3.5 and 6 spd. 2nd gen 3.5 swaps are making 300+ whp NA. The 3.0 may be old faithful, there seems to be little interest so perhaps it could be a parts car just for the body. Everyone wants a clean and rust free chassis.

Also saw a fully equipped sunroof+ leather 5-speed, stillen supercharger, upgraded brakes, exhaust system, beige paint, and other discontinued items installed listed for $10k a little over 10 months ago or so (it's gone now, so it probably sold I'm assuming).. had roughly 100k miles. It had to be one of the OG member's car that was active on here at one point.
The one with every aftermarket part from the early 2000's? Fiberglass hood, fenders, air ride IIRC? If it's the one I remember, the price was $20k at one point. The guy who built it or owned it was not well liked. Everyone though it was worth more like $7000.

Of course the prices on EVERYTHING have gone up in the past year. I know I'd start at top dollar for my car.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:53 PM

Purple wraps with lime green accents seem to be appearing in some local Porsche models.

Lime green and purple Lambo.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:56 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by The Wizard
The only Stillen parts disclosed are the lip kit, which are still listed on Stillen's website and readily available for purchase. Great kit, but not rare by any means. Then I see red/clear taillights and brand new R34 headlights which are in desperate need of a retrofit as the light output is worse than stock.

Who exactly would spend $3,800 for it to just be a parts car? I don't understand your logic here either. Anyone who buys this is going to appreciate it for what it is and drive it/mod it/etc.

I never understood sellers who are asking top dollar for their car, yet are too lazy to even pick up the trash on the inside. To me, that could be a tell tale sign that things are not what they seem. Also disappointed that the seller can't be bothered to fix the rear lip pieces. Easy fix and would take less than 15 minutes.

Seller states interior is 10/10 but has a busted shifter bezel and the cigarette lighter is missing. I see misc scratches and scuffs too. Don't get me wrong, the interior is in great condition for it's age, but SMH at overzealous sellers who try to oversell their car.

On a side note, it appears the seller may have something rare on his car and he's not even disclosing it. I believe I spy a Stillen exhaust.
totally over selling this car. how much is a short roll of double sided tape? didn't feel like replacing the tape for that hanging rear lip?
the car is very neglected...don't let the shiny paint fool you.

btw it's a GXE not an SE.
SE came with leather interior and i believe factory rear spolier and factory sunroof. no sunroof on this car
i thought the bose system has a little bose emblem on the speaker grill...i don't see that here. bose is also standard on the SE models.
only SE gear i see is a painted front grill, white dash gauges, and fog lights. possible mileage discrepancy?

Last edited by DanNY; 03-30-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:46 AM

Gotta inject a little humor here........

Barney Purple can also be stretched to Meet The Parents Purple.....

How?

Purple Martha Fokker!

Yup..... A popular alcoholic drink, but you need to ask for it the correct way at the bar!

Try one..... Maybe this car can become VERY appealing with its effects. LOL

But an SE-L at the base of it, would increase the chances. Like JSutters! Me-owwwww.

GLWTS!

You kids have fun now!
Old 03-30-2021, 11:38 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Originally Posted by DanNY
totally over selling this car. how much is a short roll of double sided tape? didn't feel like replacing the tape for that hanging rear lip?
the car is very neglected...don't let the shiny paint fool you.

btw it's a GXE not an SE.
SE came with leather interior and i believe factory rear spolier and factory sunroof. no sunroof on this car
i thought the bose system has a little bose emblem on the speaker grill...i don't see that here. bose is also standard on the SE models.
only SE gear i see is a painted front grill, white dash gauges, and fog lights. possible mileage discrepancy?
It's an SE. Way too many tells.
There is no 3rd brake light in the window.
The door trim is black.
Leather was not standard. SE shifter and wheel are leather.
The steering wheel is perforated.
The gauges look SE-L.

The interior looks exactly like my 1999 SE-L (when stock) except the door speaker grilles indicate this purple car came with Bose. Only the rear grilles had logos.

Here's my 99 when is was mostly original.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:49 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by JSutter
It's an SE. Way too many tells.
There is no 3rd brake light in the window.
The door trim is black.
Leather was not standard. SE shifter and wheel are leather.
The steering wheel is perforated.
The gauges look SE-L.

The interior looks exactly like my 1999 SE-L (when stock) except the door speaker grilles indicate this purple car came with Bose. Only the rear grilles had logos.

Here's my 99 when is was mostly original.

ahhh ok i stand corrected.
it's been a while since i've been in a 4th gen..lol
Old 06-10-2021, 02:22 PM

Well that barney 4th gen is no longer listed...assuming someone bought it after all, though I do think someone would appreciate this

Super clean red 99 Manual 168k miles for $3k listed a day ago.
https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/...333953747.html

Last edited by JoshG; 06-10-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Well that barney 4th gen is no longer listed...assuming someone bought it after all, though I do think someone would appreciate this

Super clean red 99 Manual 168k miles for $3k listed a day ago.
https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/...333953747.html
These cars don't burn oil. Seller states "excellent condition" but casually mentions that it burns oil like it's no big deal.