4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

NEW! Got me Black 99' SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:17 PM

NEW! Got me Black 99' SE

NEW! Got me Black 99' SE-imag0789.jpgcrop.jpg

NEW! Got me Black 99' SE-imag0622.jpgaecrop2.jpg

NEW! Got me Black 99' SE-imag0788.jpgcrop.jpg

NEW! Got me Black 99' SE-imag0639.jpgaecrop.jpg

NEW! Got me Black 99' SE-imag0587.jpgae.jpg

...Like to say a big hello to all you 4th gen. Maxima's owners out here. I'm new to the VQ30 world decided to pick up a cheap 2nd car for the family hehe...let the fun begin with a few simple cosmetic mods
Old 07-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Welcome.

What's up with your corner brake lights?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:54 PM

Thanks oh i just redded them out, not exact match with inner but will do for now
Old 07-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Schnell kaputt

Finally, another Vancouver member! Those pics look like they were taken in New West?

Let me know if you need any help or some such
Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 PM

Oh shiiiet u from B.C. as well? How you know its New West lol, will do thank you ..
Old 07-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackAckMax
Attachment 6083

Attachment 6084

Attachment 6085

Attachment 6086

Attachment 6087

...Like to say a big hello to all you 4th gen. Maxima's owners out here. I'm new to the VQ30 world decided to pick up a cheap 2nd car for the family hehe...let the fun begin with a few simple cosmetic mods
show pics without the details?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:53 PM

Nice clean car. Post a pic of the engine bay.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:52 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to the 99 Club. Here's a quick tip to hopefully keep you from accidentally immobilizing your 99 model at some point in the future. Be sure to keep the DOOR CLOSED when you turn the key to engage the starter.

If you trip the immobilizer, the security light will show a solid red and the fuel delivery system will be shut down until you can get the immobilizer reset by Nissan dealer.

In my area, it costs 2 hours of Nissan dealer labor (over $200) to get an immobilizer reset.

Hopefully, you'll never need to have your immobilizer reset. Trust me, it ain't fun..
Old 07-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice ride! Congratulations!
Old 07-05-2014, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Quickywd01
Nice clean car. Post a pic of the engine bay.
Paid only $1500 dollars for this good condition car
Attached Thumbnails NEW! Got me Black 99' SE-imag0645.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
Congratulations! Welcome to the 99 Club. Here's a quick tip to hopefully keep you from accidentally immobilizing your 99 model at some point in the future. Be sure to keep the DOOR CLOSED when you turn the key to engage the starter.

If you trip the immobilizer, the security light will show a solid red and the fuel delivery system will be shut down until you can get the immobilizer reset by Nissan dealer.

In my area, it costs 2 hours of Nissan dealer labor (over $200) to get an immobilizer reset.

Hopefully, you'll never need to have your immobilizer reset. Trust me, it ain't fun..

Thanks for the heads up , been tinkering around this awesome forum for research and information a lot lately....
Old 07-05-2014, 06:57 AM

It looks like a good deal. Is yours a 5-speed?

I think I have its twin.. Here's a pic from Dec 2012.

Name:  99_Maxima_SE.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  34.6 KB

Last edited by CS_AR; 07-05-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:24 AM

It looks like a good deal. Is your's a 5-speed? I think I have it's twin.. Here's a pic from Dec 2012.
Automatic. I see a transmission dip stick.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:19 AM

Paid only $1500 dollars for this good condition car
It's clean. 6 mt swap
Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 AM

Coil Packs

Nice looking car! Just picked up a clean '03 to replace my own well worn '99.

Get yourself some spare ignition coil packs from an earlier car
('95-'98 - the '99's are destined to fail), get it rustproofed (pay special attention to the rear wheelwells and the rockers ahead of those).

Oh yeah - get under the front end and take a look at your RAD CORE SUPPORT aka - front crossmember. They Rot. Badly. May be less of a problem if you are out on the west coast though. If it's in one piece, count yourself as lucky and rustproof the SH*T out of it

Mine was a stick so I can't comment on the slushbox but nevertheless ...

Enjoy!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:07 AM

Bold font means it's important so I ignore it.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
Bold font means it's important so I ignore it.
Shoot - didn't mean to do that
Old 07-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Blassmasta
Shoot - didn't mean to do that
Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 AM

Congrats. If you got a great one, you will have few problems. I have had my I30, 134K on the clock and no problems other than routine maintenance. These cars are the best and very reliable.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Banned

"Oh yeah - get under the front end and take a look at your RAD CORE SUPPORT aka - front crossmember. They Rot. Badly. May be less of a problem if you are out on the west coast though. If it's in one piece, count yourself as lucky and rustproof the SH*T out of it"

+1 on this,

when i was looking for a 4th gen , and i looked at alot...i came across a nice 4th gen with 80k miles on it..the guy wanted top dollar for it..which i was very much considering since he owned since new..
he told me right on the phone if i didnt have the money he was asking dont bother coming..he told me how nice it was , no rust blah blah blah..so when i went to look at it i was very impressed ....BUT when i was done i said i cant pay that price cuz i dont do body kinda work and taking it to a shop i would need to pay about a grand to have it done..he started raising his voice saying this car doesnt need a grand worth of work and all this sheet....so i told him to look right here at the support...he shut right up when he seen the bracket that bolts into it sagging about a half inch under the support....
Its a shame cuz it was in incredible shape...i wonder if he got lucky and found someone without knowledge about the rusty supports in these cars in the snowy areas..some poor **** is probably driving it around without even knowing it!..if it hasnt dropped even farther by now

Last edited by 98maxaholic; 07-05-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 98maxaholic
"Oh yeah - get under the front end and take a look at your RAD CORE SUPPORT aka - front crossmember. They Rot. Badly. May be less of a problem if you are out on the west coast though. If it's in one piece, count yourself as lucky and rustproof the SH*T out of it"

+1 on this,

when i was looking for a 4th gen , and i looked at alot...i came across a nice 4th gen with 80k miles on it..the guy wanted top dollar for it..which i was very much considering since he owned since new..
he told me right on the phone if i didnt have the money he was asking dont bother coming..he told me how nice it was , no rust blah blah blah..so when i went to look at it i was very impressed ....BUT when i was done i said i cant pay that price cuz i dont do body kinda work and taking it to a shop i would need to pay about a grand to have it done..he started raising his voice saying this car doesnt need a grand worth of work and all this sheet....so i told him to look right here at the support...he shut right up when he seen the bracket that bolts into it sagging about a half inch under the support....
Its a shame cuz it was in incredible shape...i wonder if he got lucky and found someone without knowledge about the rusty supports in these cars in the snowy areas..some poor **** is probably driving it around without even knowing it!..if it hasnt dropped even farther by now
I was fortunate enough that the seller let me take the car for couple of hours alone(left other car there) for a test drive and as well took it to my buddy hoist to look at the under carriage. I am mechanically knowledgeable as well. There was barely any rust on the car from the body but like you said u never know until u see underneath it. Helps that my uncle does auto body too if i ever need anything too . Buying used cars can be frustrating and the biggest pet peeve is anyone can make a picture ad online look a million times better than the car in person.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Banned

I live in connecticut, and i looked at about 10 maybe more 4th gens...every single one that was in this state its whole life, the support was shot! garaged or not..
i found mine in great conditon that a rich 70 y/o lady owned since new, and had it replaced..and mine was garaged every day...i have 115k miles now and preying to get many more miles!

also when i was looking around i saw a couple that had some pretty rough patch jobs done on the rad. supports, like angle iron welded on em
Old 07-24-2014, 01:33 PM

always good to find a used car off some granny driver lol ...
Old 07-24-2014, 04:05 PM

^ i bought one 2years ago(only drove 6k miles in those 2 years, dont drive alot) that a granny was using, 96 pearl white, blk interior, garaged whole life(yay for paint alive!), low miles.. how much more can ya ask for. paid 3,500$ for it but heck I didnt even have to spend a dime on maintenance except oil change on this car and bought some exterior things to make it look nicer.

I went to Valvoline today to check all the fluids and such, and the guy told me "all ur fluids are pretty much full and clean" and I told him haha yea.. it runs smooth and well so i cant tell you that ur not telling me the truth, but thanks 4 checking them and telling.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 PM

Wow, that's in really nice shape (body-wise).
$1500 is so cheap! How many km's are on it?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:44 PM

Congratulations mate.. WELCOME TO THE VQ30 Fam!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by yellow_cake
Wow, that's in really nice shape (body-wise).
$1500 is so cheap! How many km's are on it?

Yeah the car is in great condition ...other than having rear driver side door dents, engine is quite good with 245xxxkm the price was right. Heard the VQ motors are quite durable for the long haul too unlike my 01' Audi A4 that i just sold.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by JoshG
^ i bought one 2years ago(only drove 6k miles in those 2 years, dont drive alot) that a granny was using, 96 pearl white, blk interior, garaged whole life(yay for paint alive!), low miles.. how much more can ya ask for. paid 3,500$ for it but heck I didnt even have to spend a dime on maintenance except oil change on this car and bought some exterior things to make it look nicer.

I went to Valvoline today to check all the fluids and such, and the guy told me "all ur fluids are pretty much full and clean" and I told him haha yea.. it runs smooth and well so i cant tell you that ur not telling me the truth, but thanks 4 checking them and telling.
All i been hearing is positive stuff with this car..Thanks man too bad i didnt find a granny to buy it from lol but for $1500 i can't complain eh
Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 PM

Congrats

The clean OEM wheels, stock ride height, untinted glass, and great condition SE steering wheel say it was taken care of quite well.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:58 PM

It looks like a good deal. Is yours a 5-speed?

I think I have its twin.. Here's a pic from Dec 2012.

Your'e funny. You take some ridiculously awesome engine bay pics but when it comes to exterior shots, it's like meh
Old 07-25-2014, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by dwapenyi
Your'e funny. You take some ridiculously awesome engine bay pics but when it comes to exterior shots, it's like meh
The picture is actually from the previous owner's Craig's list ad. LOL

Yep - I need to get a camera that I can use to take outdoor shots and make some engine running videos. Maybe in a couple of months I can swing something better. The Ridgeline and F-150 are taking a bite out of me right now..
Old 07-25-2014, 11:44 AM

Where are your engine shots im such a noob lol
Old 07-25-2014, 12:11 PM

Where are your engine shots im such a noob lol
Here ya go in some links below..

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/Rid...lishing?sort=4

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/Rid...a/1999/IT_Runs

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/Rid..._Bypass?sort=4

Name:  After_Dark_H_and_R_Front_zps7dca94b4.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  353.7 KB
Old 07-25-2014, 03:08 PM

Wow, looks amazing
Old 07-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Chassis Freak

What the ish are you talking about? I have owned a '99 for 10 years and I'm sure I've started the engine with the door open multiple times. Never tripped the immobilizer.

Bonka, I need to see your car when I finally make it up to Vancouver...I haven't been on the Org much lately, but I have been drooling over your pics for years.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by VQuick
What the ish are you talking about? I have owned a '99 for 10 years and I'm sure I've started the engine with the door open multiple times. Never tripped the immobilizer.

Bonka, I need to see your car when I finally make it up to Vancouver...I haven't been on the Org much lately, but I have been drooling over your pics for years.
Knock on wood, couple of times recently i started the car with the doors open ...had the initial scared but nothing happened. Alarm was fine maybe we just lucky?
Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 PM

I start mine all the time with the door open also..

It's when it fails to start and I keep trying to start it (more than 3 times) with the door open that I tripped the immobilizer and experienced a solid security light..
Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Chassis Freak

I start mine all the time with the door open also..

It's when it fails to start and I keep trying to start it (more than 3 times) with the door open that I tripped the immobilizer and experienced a solid security light..
Oh, that's completely different. Good to know. I've never had to start more than twice, but as the car ages I'll keep that in mind.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:26 PM

Lets try this again?...D.I,Y. lip and our VQ siblings family shot

Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 PM

Oh, that's completely different. Good to know. I've never had to start more than twice, but as the car ages I'll keep that in mind.
I've got a 99 Maxima SE 5MT and a 99 I30 Automatic.. So far I've paid the dealer $250 per vehicle ($500 total) to reset the computers after accidental immobilization. It bites hard when the security light comes on and stays on..

I'm trying to work with NDS2 to come up with a solution for us 99 model owners -- but that is turning out to be a long painful process..

Quick Reply: NEW! Got me Black 99' SE