4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rice

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 03:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Rice

Just something I've noticed...

A lot of the new ideas coming into the org get stamped out as rice...

Rice this rice that, since when isn't it just being original??

Just my $0.02

Old 01-17-2002, 03:44 PM

Re: Rice

Originally posted by MadMax95

Just my $0.02

Could you list some examples of some new ideas that were labeled rice rather than just being original?
I think the board is very correct in labeling certain things rice and certain things original or creative.
Just disagree with the statement a little, that's all...
Old 01-17-2002, 03:45 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Just my $0.02

Like which ones are you referring to ?
Old 01-17-2002, 03:47 PM
MaximaFreak

Just my $0.02

I think the definition of "rice" is to infer that it is not original and has been done many many times before by those damned civic kids. Depending on the area you live in, these kids may not be that prevalent (they weren't at all when I lived in NJ), but here in Tampa, these kids with the wiper lights and altezzas are a dime a dozen. In fact, their new thing now is to have two black steel wheels in the front and the rear is all rimmed up with 16's or 17's, now I REALLY don't get that ****.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:52 PM

Re: Re: Rice

Originally posted by Big_Ham
In fact, their new thing now is to have two black steel wheels in the front and the rear is all rimmed up with 16's or 17's, now I REALLY don't get that ****.
What the f**k is that all about? I'm on Long Island, NY and I thought I'd seen everything there was as far as rice goes, but that takes the chop-sticks!
Old 01-17-2002, 03:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Rice

I saw it last week on Francis Lewis Blvd... in fact, a 5th gen member, Toylet902 ran against a Civic that had rims in the back and steelies in front.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=90758

Originally posted by araffio
What the f**k is that all about? I'm on Long Island, NY and I thought I'd seen everything there was as far as rice goes, but that takes the chop-sticks!
Old 01-17-2002, 04:00 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by araffio

Well, this is probably one of the top 10 places in the nation to see cars all done up. That said, most of them have no taste whatsoever, but they're done up. On the side of tasteful, I never saw so many Escalades with 23 inch rims . . . I think that would be the only automatic ride I ever drive :
Old 01-17-2002, 04:14 PM

New Jersey

Dude NJ is crazy with ricers..You cant ever take a ride to the grocery store without seeing about 3 or 4. Me and my buddy (hes got a Rustang) sit in Hess gas station every few weeks on like a fri or sat night and wait for ricers to pass and we go out and F*** around wit em its fun as hell...yea were instigaters but still its worth a lauph

Old 01-17-2002, 04:21 PM
MaximaFreak

Re: New Jersey

Originally posted by matty
Dude NJ is crazy with ricers..You cant ever take a ride to the grocery store without seeing about 3 or 4. Me and my buddy (hes got a Rustang) sit in Hess gas station every few weeks on like a fri or sat night and wait for ricers to pass and we go out and F*** around wit em its fun as hell...yea were instigaters but still its worth a lauph

Maybe in North Jersey (i'm just guessing that's where you're from), but when I visit my parents in South Jersey, I might see one or two when I go out at night, but in Tampa, I usually see one or two before I even get to my first stop light, and NO that is NOT an exaggeration.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:25 PM

Yea north but when you go down south in the summer you see one every time you turn you fri*in head..Seaside especially..but thats only 3 months a year

Old 01-17-2002, 04:38 PM

I guess I will have to reword my statement...

I said a lot, but after looking back, there isn't a lot of new ideas being claimed as rice.

After reading the hood scoop thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=91893

It just got to me that "rice" is being thrown around everywhere. Search the word rice and there are over 1600 threads regarding "rice".

A functional hood scoop would be cool to have, not the best idea but at least it's something new.

The washer lights, pardon clee, I like, I have them on with my headlights. Not many people around here have them, I was one of the first. Ricey because everybody has them? I didn't know that. Another idea = rice.

The Z3 fenders have been called rice also. Why?
Another new idea for the maxima.

The "Maxima" door sill panels = ricey to some. Why? Because it's indiglo? All those damn hondas have indiglos too.

Pardon my opinion here, just something I noticed. Granted some of the products for cars are taking it too far, but you can't criticize new ideas and expect new ideas to keep coming.

Just my $0.02

Old 01-17-2002, 04:44 PM

Alot of the Maximas have the Z3 fenders...Ive also seen countless hondas with them too
Old 01-17-2002, 04:48 PM

AHEM

*cough* california *cough* most ricers per square mile.
Old 01-17-2002, 05:15 PM

Re: AHEM

Originally posted by party_boy
*cough* california *cough* most ricers per square mile.
yes......
Old 01-17-2002, 05:40 PM

I think the definition of "rice" is to infer that it is not original and has been done many many times before by those damned civic kids. Depending on the area you live in, these kids may not be that prevalent (they weren't at all when I lived in NJ), but here in Tampa, these kids with the wiper lights and altezzas are a dime a dozen. In fact, their new thing now is to have two black steel wheels in the front and the rear is all rimmed up with 16's or 17's, now I REALLY don't get that ****.
I ask the kid, what is up with the steel rims?
He told he BENDED THE FRONT WHEELS!!
Waiting to save up to get any 2.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by benny

I ask the kid, what is up with the steel rims?
He told he BENDED THE FRONT WHEELS!!
Waiting to save up to get any 2.
I was wondering what that was about up here in Seattle.

I saw a Hon-duh the other day like that, and figured maybe the guy just didn't have the money for the other 2, or maybe he bent them.

But 5 minutes later, I saw another one!

What's the point? Does it help them lighten up for racing or something?
Old 01-17-2002, 06:29 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

After reading the hood scoop thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=91893

I do agree with you IF it is done with a purpose and does not look like trash it would be cool.

The washer lights, pardon clee, I like, I have them on with my headlights. Not many people around here have them, I was one of the first. Ricey because everybody has them? I didn't know that. Another idea = rice.
Your opinon.. but I do not like them either.

The "Maxima" door sill panels = ricey to some. Why? Because it's indiglo? All those damn hondas have indiglos too.
I think because it does nothing. I don't like neon in the car. My opinon

There are some things that just don't make sense to me
Old 01-17-2002, 06:29 PM

smells like a bowl of rice in dis
Old 01-17-2002, 06:39 PM

In fact, their new thing now is to have two black steel wheels in the front and the rear is all rimmed up with 16's or 17's, now I REALLY don't get that ****.
Coz they can't afford to get 4 rims!!! At least us Maxima drivers have the sense to either stick to stock, or save up for a full set!!!
Old 01-17-2002, 06:41 PM

about that thing with the steelies up front.......they do that so they can peel out easier.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:00 PM

Um, Bay Area, we got you all beat! Anyway, when i hear the word rice, I dont think of it in a negative way. To me, it is a car that has a lot of money put into it and looks cool. If its done right, then I have no problem with a car being rice. I think of it as more of a compliment than something negative. So, if people say that a car is rice, its probably either cause theyre jealous or its just not thier thing. I say, dont make fun of someones hobby or whatever, just because you dont like it. Does that make sense?

DPW
Old 01-17-2002, 09:49 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
about that thing with the steelies up front.......they do that so they can peel out easier.
They do it because they think they are lighter and it will make their car faster. Whether or not thats true depends.

I had 15s on the front and 17s on the back of my car for a month. I put the 15s on to go to the track because they ARE lighter, and when putting them on I noticed I had belts showing in the front on the 17s. So the 15s stayed on (they are my winter wheels) and I didn't bother to change the rears because I was lazy, not because I am a ricer. There's a difference.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
I think they also use crappy tires (bald, worn, cheap, etc.) cause they get ruined pretty easily street racing, from peeling out I guess...least this is what I've been told.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:02 AM

maybe they are trying to be like the funny cars on the drag strips, with the bicycle wheels in the front.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:55 AM

Pardon me if I'm incorrect here, but isn't rice short for rice-rocket.

I always thought it was a term for a car that has a lot of cheap, un-useful mods (i.e. stickers, exhaust tips, 15" wheels or hubs)

I usually reserve that term for screwed up little Toyotas and Metro-ish looking cars. But if you ever see a civic (or any car for that matter) with a bunch of cheap show and no go...then it's a ricer baby!

Please go to http://www.riceboypage.com for the full description. This site is way too funny. Check out the hall of fame.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by thrustinj
Please go to http://www.riceboypage.com for the full description. This site is way too funny. Check out the hall of fame. [/B]
That riceboypage.com site is very very funny! If you haven't yet, then check it out.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:52 PM

OMG - thanks for the laugh!!!!!!