4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Z32 rims, now with color!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM

Z32 rims, now with color!!!

Might get flamed for this but oh well it is a legit question.....

So im gettin sick of my black sawblades and thought id switch it up....they needed new tires anyways. I have a set of black z32 NA rims laying around that i had on my 96 granite pearl maxima....well im also kinda gettin sick of the black rims/white car scheme n would like to switch it up....any thoughts on different rim colors? maybe some pics if other org members have used z32 rims in different colors? i have googled it a time or two and havent found many maxs with these rims altho i have seen a few on here and they do sit quite flush with the fenders. also thought id carry color scheme through to the engine bay maybe paint strut brace, uim, etc.....well see....just thought id start here.

Maybe im just thinkin out loud.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 PM

I think painting stock rims is dangerous. Some look good but then some look terrible. I would stick to basic colors. If you don't like metallic or black then I dunno dude maybe you would like the dupli-color black chrome wheel paint kit they sell at the auto stores. EX:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
I think painting stock rims is dangerous. Some look good but then some look terrible. I would stick to basic colors. If you don't like metallic or black then I dunno dude maybe you would like the dupli-color black chrome wheel paint kit they sell at the auto stores. EX:
Hey that aint too bad lookin.....might have to check that out....would that b easy to get off like spray paint if i hated it? like the new sig btw....
Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 PM

A lot of guys are doing photoshop requests over in the "photoshop / artwork" forum. If you are not sure what color you want, pop over there and maybe one of those guys will help you out with a photoshop job.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 PM

im doin some research and it seems that the black chrome is for chrome wheels.....at least thats what the dupi color youtube vid said....i may have forgot to mention these arent the chrome z32 rims.....

good idea on photo shop....i also thought about plastidipping one wheel to see what it looks like.....if it looks crappy it comes off easy, if not i can take it off and paint em.....hmmmmm
Old 04-17-2012, 11:14 PM

ahhh I see well stay stock they look nice regardless. Dont hate the blades
Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
ahhh I see well stay stock they look nice regardless. Dont hate the blades
I dont hate em and will def keep em around....theyre my favorite oem 4th gen rim. idk maybe ill do the z32s in a nice gloss black and go crazy with the blades....like purple or orange lol....paints not that hard to remove....
Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 AM

I kept my blades too, with some clean rubber and keep them shinny they look great on max's

I got some basic seven spoke sporty rims from Discount, had I known it was so prevailent i would have choosen a different style. They are practically OEM rims anyway since half the city sports those 7 spokes
Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM

I have z32's I had the n/a now have 4 TT rear wheels. Sits decent not flush but isn't battle suken in. I love them there my beater wheels. I painted them black might paint them bronze next. But there decent wheels for what they are. Check my album for pics
Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by wirelessdude04
I have z32's I had the n/a now have 4 TT rear wheels. Sits decent not flush but isn't battle suken in. I love them there my beater wheels. I painted them black might paint them bronze next. But there decent wheels for what they are. Check my album for pics
Hmmm i like that idea....never thought of bronze....

Ironicly enough i noticed the plasti dipping rims thread was bumpped yesterday so i checked it out again and heres what ive decided to do.

1: strip paint from rims.
2: plastidip rims black
3: bronze over the black.
4: if i hate, rinse and repeat with a different color.....itll b easier because of the plastidip!!!

Ill definitely be posting pics this weekend when they're done!!!