4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Do you ever get......

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Better yet, if they ask you again why a max, you should ask them "Have you ever seen a 4th gen stranded on the side of the road?" I have only seen one in my lifetime and it wasnt stranded. He had a flat but probably his spare had no air because of him never getting a flat before but that's not mechanical.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM

I work for a tkd school, and my boss always askes me, "why don't you get rid of that junk car( my 4th gen) and get a new car, its a such a waste of money a car." i tel him, well...based on what i make, i can't really afford a new car and i'm not going to sell my car for pennies. Now granted my 4th gen is somewhat old (a 95) and if lady luck ever came up, i'd love to get my hands on a 5th Gen anniversary . but above all, i <3 my car.

the most recent insult, he asked me why am I wasting $200 on rims for my car, he told theres wayy better things you can do with $200, my response to him was.."yeah i'm sorry beer and a blackjack table don't cut it for me.....besides a set of G35 18'' wrapped in Kuhmo isn't a shabby thing for 200 but what do i know
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bassman.357
I work for a tkd school, and my boss always askes me, "why don't you get rid of that junk car( my 4th gen) and get a new car, its a such a waste of money a car." i tel him, well...based on what i make, i can't really afford a new car and i'm not going to sell my car for pennies. Now granted my 4th gen is somewhat old (a 95) and if lady luck ever came up, i'd love to get my hands on a 5th Gen anniversary . but above all, i <3 my car.

the most recent insult, he asked me why am I wasting $200 on rims for my car, he told theres wayy better things you can do with $200, my response to him was.."yeah i'm sorry beer and a blackjack table don't cut it for me.....besides a set of G35 18'' wrapped in Kuhmo isn't a shabby thing for 200 but what do i know
If your car is actually in good shape, tell him if he's so worried about it to give you a raise so you can afford a new car
Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 PM

proof or go home, in for pics
Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 AM

My I30 isn't flashy or did-up, so I only get it from coworkers and friends asking me why I don't have a GTI or Civic or RSX if I talk about driving and being a leadfoot so much.

Which is bizarre; 4th gens weigh 2800lbs like a civic but with 2 more cylinders and one more litre of displacement... only the latest si Civic can finally touch the 4th gen max (a decade later), factory vs factory.

If a civic is revving next to me at a light I'm more inclined to burn them because 9 times of of 10, I'll be able to, even with a stock 4th gen. I won't challenge a Max because they are so much more likely to be sleepers.

At the end of the day, haters gon' hate.

Last edited by Caticorn; 09-09-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Caticorn
My I30 isn't flashy or did-up, so I only get it from coworkers and friends asking me why I don't have a GTI or Civic or RSX if I talk about driving and being a leadfoot so much.

Which is bizarre; 4th gens weigh 2800lbs like a civic but with 2 more cylinders and one more litre of displacement... only the latest si Civic can finally touch the 4th gen max (a decade later), factory vs factory.

If a civic is revving next to me at a light I'm more inclined to burn them because 9 times of of 10, I'll be able to, even with a stock 4th gen. I won't challenge a Max because they are so much more likely to be sleepers.

At the end of the day, haters gon' hate.
Ain't that the truth. Why the hell are civics so damn heavy? I actually compared my weight to my buddies 1996 Integra and mine is only 150lbs heavier but my car is easily twice the size of his. I can't understand where that tiny car holds all it's weight being that it's only a 4 cylinder 2 door with no rear leg room.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:57 AM

I usually sum it up in 2 words "race me"
Then I tell them it has 223k on it and the reaction is always the same mouth open eye like saucers

But yeah I get that ALL THE TIME
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Pixell

I heard so many times with my I30, but I still love my I30 over newer car.

anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_%28car%29

to all, please read those link & you'll find that our are in the list
Old 09-09-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
kk,

before

after / work in progress, please don't flame, im getting lowering springs and a camber kit hopefully in 2 weeks

Old 09-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Damn!! That is clean! I hate car payments. The car is to serve you and not you serve it. I had a SICK 03 M45 and prayed to God about what to do with it. It cost about $700 for payment-insurance a month! Along came a deer 2 weeks later and that was my answer. lol Anyways, one monthly payment is about to cover my tranny rebuild, and this car wouldnt hardly be behind the M in a drag race. Also have a turbo 91 Legend wich is a beast, and broken. If you have ever worked on a Legend you will love the Max forever! Also own a Z rebuilt from ground 0 and this will hang with that, and get much better MPG. I love the power to weight, and did anyone mention how tough this car is all the way around!?!? This motor can handle 500whp??? My small block chevy is limited at that point with almost double the cubes. Why not build a 2800lb car with good mpg and the same potential? Its a no brainer.

Bottom line for me because I get the ? all the time....

Id rather be rich than look rich! Normally they dont say anything after that.

I now own 2 houses that appreciate rather than a house and a car of which the car dropped in value as fast as I paid it off. Stupid!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by sr79labrat
Damn!! That is clean! I hate car payments. The car is to serve you and not you serve it. I had a SICK 03 M45 and prayed to God about what to do with it. It cost about $700 for payment-insurance a month! Along came a deer 2 weeks later and that was my answer. lol Anyways, one monthly payment is about to cover my tranny rebuild, and this car wouldnt hardly be behind the M in a drag race. Also have a turbo 91 Legend wich is a beast, and broken. If you have ever worked on a Legend you will love the Max forever! Also own a Z rebuilt from ground 0 and this will hang with that, and get much better MPG. I love the power to weight, and did anyone mention how tough this car is all the way around!?!? This motor can handle 500whp??? My small block chevy is limited at that point with almost double the cubes. Why not build a 2800lb car with good mpg and the same potential? Its a no brainer.

Bottom line for me because I get the ? all the time....

Id rather be rich than look rich! Normally they dont say anything after that.

I now own 2 houses that appreciate rather than a house and a car of which the car dropped in value as fast as I paid it off. Stupid!!!
What Z do you have? I'm saving up for a '95 or '96.

Shame about your M45. *****in' cars.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Caticorn
What Z do you have? I'm saving up for a '95 or '96.

Shame about your M45. *****in' cars.
Its a 2003 6 speed w headers, and light weight flywheel. Runs really good with 28k and for sale (9k). Needs some paint, and lots of things here and there. I tried to paint it red and well, I suck at paint and body. If someone wants a running project it is nice and drives well. If not I may have to drive it more. hehe I do love power to the rear wheels, but I think the max could be quicker with the same mods and better tires up front.

Yea, black on black and not a ding or scratch in sight! It was the batmobile!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by infinimax96
Ain't that the truth. Why the hell are civics so damn heavy? I actually compared my weight to my buddies 1996 Integra and mine is only 150lbs heavier but my car is easily twice the size of his. I can't understand where that tiny car holds all it's weight being that it's only a 4 cylinder 2 door with no rear leg room.
if its the base model coupe/sedan, it has the D16, which is a cast iron block.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by sr79labrat
Damn!! That is clean!!!!

thanks for the compliment
Old 09-10-2011, 12:15 AM

you gotta flip it around on them... "what?! was that a real question?! this is a maxima...this thing is a beast!" you gotta make them feel like theyve been missing out on something.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
you gotta flip it around on them... "what?! was that a real question?! this is a maxima...this thing is a beast!" you gotta make them feel like theyve been missing out on something.
i love the bronze/gold g35's and I30 headlights
Old 09-10-2011, 02:03 AM

kk,

before

after / work in progress, please don't flame, im getting lowering springs and a camber kit hopefully in 2 weeks

I like those tail lights, where did you get em?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
HAHAHA that's awsome I'm going to use that
Old 09-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by infinimax96
I like those tail lights, where did you get em?

a guy in tampa wrecked his 96, so for 120 i paid for the following.

- $35 for weapon R intake with velocity tube, sponge filter, aluminum tube and...a MAF
- $40 yellow HID fog lights (now i gotta get fog lamp housings)
- $45 for the clear PIMMA tail lights

def not a bad catch.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:58 AM

I haven't gotten that with my Max yet, but on my older car, I would usually just look at them, tell them they don't understand and continue doing what I was doing
Old 09-10-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
Really? Proof or go home? lol