4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Weapon R Secret Weapon SRI

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:42 AM

Weapon R Secret Weapon SRI

New product deserves new thread.

Its the next gen of the weapon r. Its a SRI with dual intake piping and an attachable flex pipe that can be ran to the fog lights or behind grill. Seems cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEAPO...Q5fAccessories

Anyone got this or seen it yet? Thoughts? Opinions?

And No intake bashing. Lets keep the thread constructive pls.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

The secret is out... Seriously.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 PM

I thought it was already established, we already have cold air ram at the hood. All the cai, sri, and pop chargers loose bottom end. Aren't parts meant to LOOK fast called rice?
Not bashing just don't see the point.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by asand1
I thought it was already established, we already have cold air ram at the hood. All the cai, sri, and pop chargers loose bottom end. Aren't parts meant to LOOK fast called rice?
PR CAI shouldnt be included in your list as it sits outside the engine bay
Old 05-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by 95Maxed
PR CAI shouldnt be included in your list as it sits outside the engine bay
unless it is smaller diameter that the rest, it will have lower velocity and less low end torque than stock. Having a larger diameter than the TB is a waste, and you can't get much colder than stock.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:19 PM

unless it is smaller diameter that the rest, it will have lower velocity and less low end torque than stock. Having a larger diameter than the TB is a waste, and you can't get much colder than stock.
I cant remember but i think its the same diameter... Ill need to check later. And you can get colder than stock, ive got my PR sitting in the fender in front of the wheel right behind my open fog light.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:31 PM

lol, you guys know this has been out for years right?

i had that on my first maxima a lonnnnnng time ago!

sound is amazing! i felt no loss in low end tq, if anything it was more... this was also with no other mods so it wasnt effected by anything else.

ill see if i can find pics...

EDIT: oh yeah, my cardomain has my first max on page 3... pics are there!

Last edited by max_dreamer; 05-04-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Got Retrofit?

For almost $200 I'd rather spend that money on a y-pipe.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:07 PM

I have a weapon r intake on mine not sure what type it is (it was on it when i bought it) but after lookingal at dreamers pics on domain. It looks like the secret with a dragon filter unless the dragon intakes are similar. I havent really done any research to find out. But anyways i like the sound it puts out. And ive never driven a totally stock max so i couldnt tell you if its more or less power but it does get up and go pretty quick
Old 05-04-2011, 10:14 PM

Wow.. Seriously?

It looks like some took a flexible section for outdoor drainage and stuck it on the end of the cone filter...

Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM

I used to run weapon r on all my civics (3). They had an awesome sound and really helped the civic with hp. As far as the max, I just have a stock airbox with the k&n filter (stock size). I am happy with the quietness of the stock box, but I still loved the wr.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM

I already have a SRI installed. Way back when I first installed it, I was thinking of a means to attach a flex pipe to the filter so i could draw in more colder air. Couldnt think anything that seemed viable, so i went and bought some heat shields and covered the area with them.

Imagine my surprise when i saw this setup. I like the Secret weapon dual intake piping and the velocity stack for attaching the flex hose. All in all, i believe this will be a better setup than stock so ima try it.

I started the thread, because when i performed a SEARCH, I couldnt find anything definitive. And i believe the flex pipe is a new addition. Im not in a hurry to buy cuz i already have the Bomz SRI, but the Weapon R would be nice too.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by cashoit
I started the thread, because when i performed a SEARCH, I couldnt find anything definitive. And i believe the flex pipe is a new addition. Im not in a hurry to buy cuz i already have the Bomz SRI, but the Weapon R would be nice too.
i wasnt dog'en on ya man. I just thought it was funny you hadnt seen it! when i bought my secret weapon back in '06 the ram air hose was offered as well.. I just chose not to go with it since i didnt wanna cut any holes... *i was still paying on it* there is also a rain shield to cover up the end of the flex section for when it rains! pretty good idea! if you dont have fogs i bet that would work like a champ!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
i wasnt dog'en on ya man. I just thought it was funny you hadnt seen it! when i bought my secret weapon back in '06 the ram air hose was offered as well.. I just chose not to go with it since i didnt wanna cut any holes... *i was still paying on it* there is also a rain shield to cover up the end of the flex section for when it rains! pretty good idea! if you dont have fogs i bet that would work like a champ!
I tried this with a Shop Vac hose when i was 16, ask Tatanko. Didn't do ****. BUt she sure did feel faster!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:18 AM

Sheesh..... HP gains/losses have been debated to death for CAI or any other intakes, with a decent 50/50 split. And from what I can remember, definitive results off a dyno were: no noticeable gain, no noticeable loss. Just lots of sounds.

Though I agree with that was said, for that much money I'd rather spend it on a Y-Pipe or put it towards headers, at least both of those WILL give an improvement in performance.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by FallenOne
I tried this with a Shop Vac hose when i was 16, ask Tatanko. Didn't do ****. BUt she sure did feel faster!
shop vac hose probably had a lot of turbulence and didnt allow for super smooth air flow. just a thought. not that their tubing would be much better but that may have been a reason why. either way, looks cool, sounds B A!

Originally Posted by silencecalls
Sheesh..... HP gains/losses have been debated to death for CAI or any other intakes, with a decent 50/50 split. And from what I can remember, definitive results off a dyno were: no noticeable gain, no noticeable loss. Just lots of sounds.

Though I agree with that was said, for that much money I'd rather spend it on a Y-Pipe or put it towards headers, at least both of those WILL give an improvement in performance.
the dyno's have never included this intake before so this could be the missing link... but who knows until its actually run... I actually emailed weapon-r yesterday about the intake and possibly a redesign for cold air without the hose. ill keep this thread alive if it looks like they are gonna work with me on something.

as for the amount of money, it doesnt really matter to some that already have the headers and exhaust! lol Plus is cheaper than the wanna be CAI from Injen... my only conflict was either lug nuts or the intake right now lol...

EDIT: Heres my intake thought...
PLUS

Last edited by max_dreamer; 05-08-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:02 PM

Really ???? My JWT combinrd with headers and 3" exhaust seem murderly peppy as can be @ lowend, Midrange and WOT!
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
For almost $200 I'd rather spend that money on a y-pipe.
use it and adapt a velocity stack to it with a 6" filter!!! For way less

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
shop vac hose probably had a lot of turbulence and didnt allow for super smooth air flow. just a thought. not that their tubing would be much better but that may have been a reason why. either way, looks cool, sounds B A!

the dyno's have never included this intake before so this could be the missing link... but who knows until its actually run... I actually emailed weapon-r yesterday about the intake and possibly a redesign for cold air without the hose. ill keep this thread alive if it looks like they are gonna work with me on something.

as for the amount of money, it doesnt really matter to some that already have the headers and exhaust! lol Plus is cheaper than the wanna be CAI from Injen... my only conflict was either lug nuts or the intake right now lol...

EDIT: Heres my intake thought...
PLUS
add a velocty stack and 6" filter to it and it should work pretty good
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 AM

Hold on fellas,

I didnt want to turn this thread into an intake debate. People have their opinions on stock vs CAI vs SRI and I DONT want to get into that.

I started this thread cuz i saw the secret weapon and, to me, its a step up on on the SRI. Weapon R is a reputable company and i do believe for 200 u can get a intake that will outperform the SRI or at least be comparable.

Like everyone who has posted has been completely off topic except dreamer lol

But from what i gather, most ppl dont have this setup. I need a new mod for max. This most likely will be it unless someone says they have the secret weapon and it is ineffective.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:28 PM

I love the sound the weapon Rs make.

Haven't heard this one yet.

Take the dive OP and buy it so we can hear it
Old 05-09-2011, 06:38 PM

ok, well i searched for my video of the short spirited lil drive i did back then with no such luck... BUT, then i looked around just for other videos... this is by far the closest i could find to the intake sound it produces. inside the car is a whole different feel though, its got a deep growl and now that i think about it, would probably overpower the sound of my exhaust almost! or just add to the sweet music lol! but if you decide to jump on it Cash, ill prolly be right behind you! lol this thread makes me miss it!

Old 05-09-2011, 06:46 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-00-...item335fdca864

+ Maf adapter = Gets you the same sound... around 20% of the cost
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-00-...item335fdca864

+ Maf adapter = Gets you the same sound... around 20% of the cost
hmm... maybe you should buy the expensive one! it could help you keep up with a 7th gen!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM

Not missing 3rd helps too :
Old 05-10-2011, 06:18 AM

your 3rd gear is gone??? lol damn son

What intrigued me most about the weapon r is the dual intake piping. It has a smaller diameter 2" piping inside of the main pipe. Helps increase intake velocity and volume of air goin into the UIM. Plus with the flexpipe drawing in cold air and the weapon r filter, i think this is gonna be bad azz.

Im goin to buy it, prolly next month. Im no rush to buy.

As usual, i will complete a review of the setup in this thread to consolidate the info in one location.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM

i saw the video...

Ehh u win some and lose some lol. Overall, u still put up good numbers
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Sounds like a nice purchase, specially for someone with an ebay SRI

Have any of you invested in this yet, if so....yes, no?

I plan on getting this when I get my car back, i've read just about everything I can about it that I could find via web, but the only reviews were from people who threw it on a Chevy Cavalier, Saturns, and Pontiacs, so I need some feedback off of a car worth investing money into.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 AM

make your own!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 AM

agreed, make your own. This thing is like $300, you could make your own for $30
Old 01-11-2012, 10:03 AM

I'll contribute too, have you considered Cattman? I got mine from 175 from them, don't know if you want it routed into the fender though:

I believe their SRI is cheaper than their CAI
Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 AM

I bought my piping from Ebay ($30) and a Amsoil Filter for $50. In the end I wasted less than $100 and I am happy with my CAI. I did notice a bit of a low-end loss but I did gain Mid and high end. Low-end loss wasn't really noticeable. CAI makes a huge difference in night though . Pretty quiet from idle to 3k. 3k + sounds amazing, especially WOT.

Note: My first aftermarket set-up was a SRI, was pretty

Last edited by Shift_A32B; 01-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 PM

$300? I found it on 2kracing for 120ish, and on ebay for about 150, am I looking at the wrong product or are you guys looking at a different site than I'm viewing?

And I originally wanted a CAI, my friend bought me one for my birthday, when I went to get it installed, i was told that I would need to relocate the battery to the trunk!? Was that most likely with that setup because I know loads of org'ers that didnt have to do that move. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by apate91
$300? I found it on 2kracing for 120ish, and on ebay for about 150, am I looking at the wrong product or are you guys looking at a different site than I'm viewing?

And I originally wanted a CAI, my friend bought me one for my birthday, when I went to get it installed, i was told that I would need to relocate the battery to the trunk!? Was that most likely with that setup because I know loads of org'ers that didnt have to do that move. Thanks.
No need to relocate it, you just have to take it out during install so you can cut behind the battery tray. After that you can put it back where it originally belongs
Old 01-12-2012, 06:16 AM

^^beat me to it
Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 AM

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "RAM AIR INTAKE". tHE ONLY THING THIS SNORKLE WILL DO IS GIVE YOU A LIttLe BIT COOLER AIR. Take a physics class. Ram air is a scam. It doesn't work because of the principles of physics.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RICE!!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
^^beat me to it
I should get points for this
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 AM

we were replying at the same time
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 AM

ohh word haha
Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by dee.signs
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "RAM AIR INTAKE". tHE ONLY THING THIS SNORKLE WILL DO IS GIVE YOU A LIttLe BIT COOLER AIR. Take a physics class. Ram air is a scam. It doesn't work because of the principles of physics.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RICE!!

Well then sir if u know phsyics then u know that Bernoulii's eqn explains the affect that the Weapon R people are claiming.

Air moving fast through a pipe will cause a scavenging affect and draw in more air provided there is a another source to draw air from. Since the inside pipe is smaller, that air is moving at a higher velocoity and will pull in more air from the larger pipe from a vacuum affect.

Its quite simple actually and its not Rice if it DOES make u go faster
Old 01-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by apate91
Sounds like a nice purchase, specially for someone with an ebay SRI

Have any of you invested in this yet, if so....yes, no?

I plan on getting this when I get my car back, i've read just about everything I can about it that I could find via web, but the only reviews were from people who threw it on a Chevy Cavalier, Saturns, and Pontiacs, so I need some feedback off of a car worth investing money into.
Naw i never bought it. im in no rush to. I already have a SRI installed. This was gonna be a late bday present to myself. jus never did it
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 PM

I dont understand these CAI into the fender. There isnt good airflow in there. Yes its getting "cooler" air but it also doesnt have any air flowing through it either. My set up is exactly like this except it doesnt go into the fender:
Originally Posted by Metallica
I kept the stock snorkle to pull air from the front and since I removed the airbox, It simply rests on the engine bay. I was thinking about cutting up the stock box so as to be able to plug the snokle into it and more directly throw the air at my AEM dryflow. My intake only cost the price of the filter and the price of the MAF adapter. Im just not 100% sure how well the stock snorkle works and if it is coming at enough of a velocity to actually make it to my filter. The end of the snorkle still ends at the same position it just doesnt plug into the air box anymore thus it is about 6in away from the filter. More mods will come im sure. Why buy an aftermarket snorkle when you already have one free under your hood or in the corner where you keep your parts you know

Quick Reply: Weapon R Secret Weapon SRI