4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stolen from drivaway

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Stolen from drivaway

Last night my car was stolen from my driveway in Queens NY, if any one have any information or have seen the car somewhere please pm me. here is the link of a post that my friend made. http://forums.maxima.org/northeaster...ma-stolen.html thats how it looks so if anyone have any details please let me know.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Got Retrofit?

Like I said in that thread I'm sorry to hear that your car got stolen. I rolled into Maxus with y'all remember? Hope you end up as luck as Mitesh and little to nothing is gone off the car if you find it. Keep us posted..
Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Damn. Im sorry about this bro. i hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:35 PM

sorry bro hope it turns up
Old 02-27-2011, 03:24 PM

Man that sucks.. Im sorry to hear that! I live on the west coast so i cant exactly look out but.. I feel your pain!

NY seems to be a bad place to have a 4th gen these days .. Im on the west coast and its not exactly 4th gen heaven hear either!!

Rat bastids are using a key thats shaved or something or some kind of master key!

When my first 4th gen got broken into they used such a key!! I had no sign of forced entry except that i found my doors wide open and my registration in the street!!

They tried to steal it with the same key and failed but they ruined the ignition to the point where my key wouldnt work on it!!

A friend of my moms recently had her 2002 honda accord taken from her driveway and she had a club on it and the stock alarm!! They cut the steering wheel and just took the club off and stole the car!!

Luckily the car was found with about a 100 miles more on it and they just dumped it .. Probably a long joyride or crime spree!

I dont think people are taking 4th gen maximas for a joy ride tho!! They want to steal sh*t off it!!! You gotta get one of those pager alarms and kill switch and cameras for your house if you live in a bad area!!

My neighborhood is not so bad but I got a 10 camera setup for under 900$ ..

I can just look up at my dedicated monitor or from any tv/ computer in the house and look at my driveway or backyard, front door or where ever.. I think it was worth the purchase!! Even if youre not home you can look at the cameras through most smart phones over the net!! I have and EVO 4g that it works well on!

I really hope you get your car back in one piece!

My suggestion for keeping car safe:

1: Mean loud dog! ( dogs hear stuff we cant and will alert you)
2: Cameras (obvious)
3: Alarm/+pager + kill switch + club + Fuel/ignition cutoff switch (!)
4: Good lighting near your car!!
5: Shave door/trunk locks!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:01 PM

13+ yr old car, i dunno what they are thinking, it cant be stolen for financial gain.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 PM

most likey people steal them like ppl steal hondas for the parts and a little bit of cash i live in the bronx and hondas go like everyday not so much maximas but they get stolen too dont get me wrong it really sucks thats why im getting a kill switch and i have no choice to rent a garage 1 to not have it stolen and 2 to do my own work on it not in the god dam street!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:06 PM

From the one taken on Christmas day to this.. Both in NYC which shows that 4th gens are still a hot commodity. Makes me worry about my own 4th gen... Sorry to hear and hope you do recover it. I will be looking out for you as well.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
From the one taken on Christmas day to this.. Both in NYC which shows that 4th gens are still a hot commodity. Makes me worry about my own 4th gen... Sorry to hear and hope you do recover it. I will be looking out for you as well.
You have a good reason to worry man. Mine was gone in the summer but luckily I got it back. NY, NJ, CT- 4th gens are in the top 10 most stolen list, with them being #5 in NY. They are the new Civics. Gotta bump up the security on them.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM

wow thats sad, hope you get it back in 1 piece
Old 02-27-2011, 07:15 PM

Sorry to hear what happened but why would anyone want to steal a maxima? I can understand getting broken into but stealing the car, I hope it turns up and it was just for a joy ride...
Old 02-27-2011, 07:27 PM

this is why i dont do alot of visual mods on my car, ******* everytime i park in the mall or something i hide the stereo and make sure i look at who's walking around. new york is a hot spot for car theft, especially our cars lately. i live near philly, only a 2 hour drive from there, hope she turns up man. keep us posted....
Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The towing company i work for did a stolen recovery today of a 98 Black maxima, from Atlantic Beach, the car came from Freash Madows area also.

The interior was completly missing, they also took the dash out, the center console and the sun roof.

I doubled checked the plates and it does not match up to the one in your picture.

I hope your;s is recovered in better condtion then this one was.

-LOU

Last edited by firebuff330; 02-27-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by firebuff330
The towing company i work for did a stolen recovery today of a 98 Black maxima, from Atlantic Beach, the car came from Freash Madows area also.

The interior was completly missing, they also took the dash out, the center console and the sun roof.

I doubled checked the plates and it does not match up to the one in your picture.

I hope your;s is recovered in better condtion then this one was.

-LOU
Thanks for the heads up, I hope it gets recovered soon in more or less one piece.

---
Thanks everyone for the response I still haven't heard from the cops about the car. hopefully soon now I had an alarm but lately it was giving me issues it should engage properly I was going to take it to the shop I had it installed but well never got a chance to do it. If I get it back without major
damage "hoping but dont think so" I'll be installing a immobilizer or a kill switch. It sucks that it happened in Fresh Meadows since its relatively quite place. I guess everything changes.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:33 AM

Folks in bad areas will steal anything they can just to whip it around. Probably someone you know that wants to part it out. I would kill if someone stole my whip....09 Maxima SV
Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Max_Sleeper
Folks in bad areas will steal anything they can just to whip it around. Probably someone you know that wants to part it out. I would kill if someone stole my whip....09 Maxima SV
Yea your probably right, if I saw who did it I would kick the living hell out of them but I haven't seen them unfortunately and this is why I just bought a surveillance system its a bit too late but still worth to have
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I'm sure that +12 year old Maxima buys a lot of crack for the thug who took it.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 AM

i'm sorry to see/hear that man. i know the feeling of walking outside to get in your car and its not there.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
I'm sure that +12 year old Maxima buys a lot of crack for the thug who took it.
Yea I don't even know who would want it there are like Audi's and Lexus and newer Maxima's on the block why take my old car.

Originally Posted by phatboislim
i'm sorry to see/hear that man. i know the feeling of walking outside to get in your car and its not there.
Yea its a really bad feeling I wish I saw who did it
Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 AM

x2...i hope you at least get closure...i didnt, they never found my car
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM

4gens are super easy to break in and hotwire, they dont have chipped keys(exc.99) and factory alarm is a joke.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:09 PM

the person that would have the ***** to steal my maxima if i ever found them i would put them in ICU simple and anyone here i think would do the same especially if u have a boosted maxima hope ur car shows up dude i feel real bad
Old 03-01-2011, 09:47 AM

NYPD found the car in 79th Precinct in Brooklyn the officer told me its in one piece im going there right now Ill keep you guys posted
Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by urmab
NYPD found the car in 79th Precinct in Brooklyn the officer told me its in one piece im going there right now Ill keep you guys posted

Nice!!! Good luck man... Hope all is well.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Got Retrofit?

Looks like they took it for a joyride and that's about it hopefully.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:26 AM

Hoping there is no mods missing or dents.. Be nice to know how they stole it too.. Check the ignition.. When they tried to take mine on my first fourth gen there was no sign of forced entry and i never ever leave my car unlocked! They can mess up youre door locks with those bad keys be forced on them!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by urmab
Glad to hear they found it man.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM

glad to see you found it...i hope its not messed up too awfully bad
Old 03-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

happy to hear they found your car
Old 03-01-2011, 01:54 PM

happy they found ur car hope it all there let us know
Old 03-01-2011, 02:37 PM

This incident is a lesson for us all. We should all install cameras in our cars and hook it up to a dvr system, with the infrared camera hidden somewhere in the front passenger side- aimed at the driver's seat. If there is an immobilizing system also installed, then the thief will leave on foot and the camera will capture his face which can be handed over to the police, their facial recognition technology can identify and bring him to justice.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:43 PM

awsome bro good luck ....
Old 03-01-2011, 05:37 PM

Yeah man hope everything is in piece, now days even homeless people are breaking into cars. I live in Richmond, VA; I go to VCU. I walk to my car one day to see my driver side window completely shattered. I searched everywhere, and I couldn't find anything missing. I had my school bag and laptop in the trunk as well as a high-end pioneer head unit and a 7" touchscreen display. Then I realized, after a while that the homeless guy stole my loose change in the ash tray and my lunch box that had food in it.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM

so happy they located it man let us know if all is well
Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 AM

Alright guys here is the update a need for some body work, which is not all that bad, the interior is all intact the only thing thats messed up is the ignition switch is all messed up so I had to get it towed to my house. The only thing the seemed to take from the car was my cds and my business cards "which is weird why would they take it" they did not take odb2 reader and my sunglasses I had random keys from an old store where I used to work they didn't take that not even gauges.

I think the reason why they were able to recover it is one of two reasons.
Reason 1. Since I'm going turbo I had to relocate the battery to the trunk and I was doing some work in the trunk days prior to the car being stolen and did not secure the battery so yesterday when I opened the trunk the battery box was on its side on the other side of the trunk and the positive terminal was broken "on the side of the wire not the battery" So the car being stick and Im not too sure these people really knew what they were doing they must of either stalled or just went to get something from a store and turned the car off and just were not able to start the car and probably never made it to strip the car
Reason 2: it was a pure joy ride which makes no sense why take a Maxima for a joy ride but then again.

So here are the pictures they are not the best quality I took them from my phone while I was waiting for AAA which took like 2 hours

Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 AM

seeing this makes not want to drive mines back home to bk lol i think ill take my chances in huntsville
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 AM

It could have been worse...but is there a pic of the ignition?? Want to see just exactly what was done in there..
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by nives86
seeing this makes not want to drive mines back home to bk lol i think ill take my chances in huntsville
Yea but its new york nothing you can do I guess

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
It could have been worse...but is there a pic of the ignition?? Want to see just exactly what was done in there..
Yea it sure could have been worse, I didnt take pictures of the ignition ill take them once I get off work, but the cylinder is out and piece behind the cylinder is also out.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Got Retrofit?

Man you're lucky, most people in your situation either wouldn't have found the car or would've found it stripped like a ****. I'm glad you got it back
Old 03-02-2011, 03:44 PM

dang good luck with body shop hunting..
Its gonna cost you!

Like chrisman287 said tho... glad you got it back!! It couldve been worse..

Quick Reply: Stolen from drivaway