4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I finally posted her...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by SchofieldRacing
Yea, I haven't made up my mind yet on the XXR's. I got a REALLY good deal on them, thats the only reason they are on it. I think they will look much better when I get rid of the stupid white pin stripes and get some clears... I may end up trading for some g35-350z wheels, not sure yet.
Did you buy them used or new? I'm asking because I eventually will be getting xxr's but different model and was wondering if you get em for a discount or you just ran across a deal lol

Post pics once it's lowered!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
Did you buy them used or new? I'm asking because I eventually will be getting xxr's but different model and was wondering if you get em for a discount or you just ran across a deal lol

Post pics once it's lowered!

Sup Krazy,

I found these on Craigslist... They are Brand New Wheels and Tires. The guy bought them for his lowered EVO but ordered them too wide for his wells. They are 18 x 9.5 rims and the tires are 265/35/18.

I installed the AGX Struts/Eibach Springs the other day and haven't taken any pics yet. The only downfall with the wheels being that wide is I can't slam the car like I'd want to. I will post some pics in a day or two.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by SchofieldRacing
Sup Krazy,

I found these on Craigslist... They are Brand New Wheels and Tires. The guy bought them for his lowered EVO but ordered them too wide for his wells. They are 18 x 9.5 rims and the tires are 265/35/18.

I installed the AGX Struts/Eibach Springs the other day and haven't taken any pics yet. The only downfall with the wheels being that wide is I can't slam the car like I'd want to. I will post some pics in a day or two.
yeah def get pics up... thats a huge frigin wheel... i was thinking you just got them with the wrong offset but it looks like you didnt have a choice! you ought to do us a favor and pull one off and weigh it... XXR's are pretty heavy if i recall correctly! and a 9.5! sheesh... did you notice it being slower off the line now?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:26 AM

at all of this. Max Ride has the stockest Maxima ever, stock height stock 5th gen wheels, stock paint stock motor.

I'd just like to point out the following.
1) You want black instead of white, so do what you want
2) Extra cash leftover, as you already stated you wanna do a 3.5 swap. A high mileage shell lasts forever if it has no rust anyways. Low mile 3.5 swap = win.
3) Your black car is looking SICK. What are the specs on those wheels? The Ground Control/AGX suspension is a great setup too.
4) If you're throwing a bunch of mods at a car, mileage doesn't matter as much. Toss the old suspension, old exhaust, old motor etc and you'll realize you just got a good deal on a black shell.

...still ing at your wheels.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 AM

At first I was shaking my head at this thread, thinking this guy was an idiot for selling such a low mileage car to buy practically the same one with higher miles because he didn't like the color. But then I saw the car you bought and what you're doing to it and damn. Not bad OP! I would've never guessed the new one you got has 180k on it, it looks like it's in great shape. If I were you, I would've parted out your old one to stock before selling it to squeeze a little more cash out of it but what's done is done. Best of luck with your new car and I agree with the others here, do a low-mileage 3.5 swap.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
yeah def get pics up... thats a huge frigin wheel... i was thinking you just got them with the wrong offset but it looks like you didnt have a choice! you ought to do us a favor and pull one off and weigh it... XXR's are pretty heavy if i recall correctly! and a 9.5! sheesh... did you notice it being slower off the line now?

Well, I haven't taken this one to the track yet, and yes I imagine I lost some off the line, however I did gain some awesome cornering!

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
at all of this. Max Ride has the stockest Maxima ever, stock height stock 5th gen wheels, stock paint stock motor.

2) Extra cash leftover, as you already stated you wanna do a 3.5 swap. A high mileage shell lasts forever if it has no rust anyways. Low mile 3.5 swap = win.
3) Your black car is looking SICK. What are the specs on those wheels? The Ground Control/AGX suspension is a great setup too.
4) If you're throwing a bunch of mods at a car, mileage doesn't matter as much. Toss the old suspension, old exhaust, old motor etc and you'll realize you just got a good deal on a black shell.

...still ing at your wheels.

Thanks! They are 18 x 9.5 and have a 3.5" lip... The back fit perfect, the front would be better at 8.5 instead of 9.5, but like I said, I got a great deal on them.

As far as the car goes, I feel like I got an Excellent Deal ($2600) in really good condition and LOADED! It even had a Nissan Oil Filter on it when I bought it.

Originally Posted by Waxima
At first I was shaking my head at this thread, thinking this guy was an idiot for selling such a low mileage car to buy practically the same one with higher miles because he didn't like the color. But then I saw the car you bought and what you're doing to it and damn. Not bad OP! I would've never guessed the new one you got has 180k on it, it looks like it's in great shape. If I were you, I would've parted out your old one to stock before selling it to squeeze a little more cash out of it but what's done is done. Best of luck with your new car and I agree with the others here, do a low-mileage 3.5 swap.

Thanks, I will keep you guys posted and throw some pics up as soon as I can...
Old 09-19-2010, 01:25 PM

Here's the website for the XXR's

http://www.xxrwheels.com/sportmax_006.shtml
Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Donating i30 Owner

nice old car.. love the interior.

new car = FTW
Red wheels = FTW / Offsets = FTL

Will the front not RUB?

and all the people that were knocking him leave the guy be. I can understand the $$ warrants him selling it to pocket some money. and + hes right about paint. I would never change the color of my car unless it was atleast a semi strip and paint. Like they take the car apart and paint all of it. which is a very expensive paint job.

Last edited by HomerMAC; 09-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:36 PM

Full color change paint job including the engine bay, door jams and whatever dings/dents that need to be pulled out would be more than $2500 for sure.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
nice old car.. love the interior.

new car = FTW
Red wheels = FTW / Offsets = FTL

Will the front not RUB?

and all the people that were knocking him leave the guy be. I can understand the $$ warrants him selling it to pocket some money. and + hes right about paint. I would never change the color of my car unless it was atleast a semi strip and paint. Like they take the car apart and paint all of it. which is a very expensive paint job.

I actually thought it would rub when I turn my wheels, luckily it does not.

I will put some pics up later today showing how she sits after springs...
Old 11-04-2010, 09:35 AM

any updates, Danny? liking the new ride!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:20 AM

LOOKS GOOD
Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 AM

i wanna sell my max. i want a 5 spd. but i really dont wanta find another max thats jus right and have to fix wats wrong wit it n wat not.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=MoncefA33;7740416] at all of this. Max Ride has the stockest Maxima ever, stock height stock 5th gen wheels, stock paint stock motor.

wrong dude, its lowered, the paint is almost flawless, ( and a rare color, bm1 blue ) and those wheels were stock on a 5th gen. motor has 210,000 now and i am constantly tuning and doing work to it. i just did and oil change with treatment and a fuel filter, getting ready to do a cai or short ram, i also spent a ton of time cleaning out the intake and throttle body and im doing spacers soon. also have warpspeed y with monza catback which ill change in the spring to cattman. i know it looks stock, but im not into lip kits or a big drop. she handles great with the kyb-gr2's and maxspeed springs. not everyone wants to look like everyone else, my max is 1 of a kind, never seen 1 look like her.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by dgoodhue
Their are a lot of different reasons the mileage is low.

My 1991 Truck has 51k, its low because its a 2nd vehicle and it was down for 3 years with a cracked piston.

My wifes SUV has been getting low mileage the last 5 years because her last two jobs have been 3 miles and 0 mile commutes, prior to that it was driven 13-14K miles/year. I drive it every week but it mostly around town.
Same here. I got a 99 max with only 42k miles. But i did buy it from a grandma who drove it daily but not very far. She lived 3 blocks from the market where she would go to volunteer. BTW im new to the forums. Hello all