4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

The lip thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Nice work! Did you use rubber base board trim to make up the difference? Also, do you know if the lip was from a 90-91 or 92-93 da? There's a few aftermarket polyeurethane lips for cheap. Wondering if it'll work too.

Thanks for sharing the cool mod and you can't beat $1. LOL!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:11 PM

Of all the pictures I've looked up on google of the DA Integra front lip, none of them look like this. This looks like a Home Depot "Luda Lip". Do you have any pics of this on an Integra, I would like to see. Not trying to be an a$$, just curious.

This was the closest thing I found:

Edit: Nevermind, I found one:

Can't say that I like it, it looks just like a Home Depot "Luda Lip" but for trying something new, and as long as you like it, thats all that matters.

Last edited by Shift_Nismo; 07-03-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Shift_Nismo
Of all the pictures I've looked up on google of the DA Integra front lip, none of them look like this. This looks like a Home Depot "Luda Lip". Do you have any pics of this on an Integra, I would like to see. Not trying to be an a$$, just curious.

This was the closest thing I found:

Edit: Nevermind, I found one:

Can't say that I like it, it looks just like a Home Depot "Luda Lip" but for trying something new, and as long as you like it, thats all that matters.
yeah that second pic is the lip. Im not sure what year that is tho if anyone else knows. And isnt the luda lip the 4inch wide garden trimming. the one i had was the garage door sealer.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Maximum-Maxima
yeah that second pic is the lip. Im not sure what year that is tho if anyone else knows. And isnt the luda lip the 4inch wide garden trimming. the one i had was the garage door sealer.
Lol idk, but they both look exactly the same to me....I prefer the Stillen and Ionic lips myself, but to each, his own.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:16 PM

im impressed with the lip actually. for the price he paid for it it is more than worth it!
props for you.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by a33_ridah
im impressed with the lip actually. for the price he paid for it it is more than worth it!
props for you.
Thanks after i get tired with it im gonna make a trip out to the junkyard again and try to find something a little more user friendly.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:25 AM

I think this is innovative and it looks great outside of one screw..big deal, it's an old car your just having some fun with, if it was a Porsche it would be a different story.

Personally I think you did some good work, most retrofit mods don't even come close to what we think they will.

I planned on using the Home Depot lip and I still do, it looks great, is easy to replace, cheap and effective...if you wanna biotch about it then buy me the expensive lip and I'll put it on, by the way I want it painted to match also so put up!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by back2basics
I think this is innovative and it looks great outside of one screw..big deal, it's an old car your just having some fun with, if it was a Porsche it would be a different story.

Personally I think you did some good work, most retrofit mods don't even come close to what we think they will.

I planned on using the Home Depot lip and I still do, it looks great, is easy to replace, cheap and effective...if you wanna biotch about it then buy me the expensive lip and I'll put it on, by the way I want it painted to match also so put up!
You covered my point exactly on this whole thread. i hav experience with the home depot lip (garage door seal) Looks great only part that looks weird is how the edges are flared out on the side thats why i chose to do an oem lip its flat on the side and flared in the front. The home depot lip still looks good tho, my sig pic has that lip in it.

This is the pic where i had the home depot lip looks great its the sides that bother me tho.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:15 PM

damn that looks really good now. i thought u took the screw out at first. lol but looks great! and the fogs only looked a lil weird from that angled front pic.. but thats cool that u got those to fit right. but anyways u cant beat $1 lol. keep up the good work.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by kyle_wise07
damn that looks really good now. i thought u took the screw out at first. lol but looks great! and the fogs only looked a lil weird from that angled front pic.. but thats cool that u got those to fit right. but anyways u cant beat $1 lol. keep up the good work.
Thanks, Yeah best dollar you can spend besides a whopper JR at bk
Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 AM

Wow the end product looks great! You can't even tell that the lip was modded. haha
Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM

What did you use to extend the lip?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:39 AM

just take off the fog lights. love the holes instead of the lights :/
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Very creative and looks good too. For $1.......Good Job.!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 AM

Ya know, I was thinking, if you wanna cover up the screw you could just take a small amount of body filler or epoxy and smear it across the top of it to make it smooth, then paint it black to match, you'd hardly even notice it all then and if you needed to get back at it just use an Exacto knive to clean out the grooves again...would only take a minute to do that.

Just an idea.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
Wow the end product looks great! You can't even tell that the lip was modded. haha
Thanks!

Originally Posted by dragonboyokada
What did you use to extend the lip?

I used some foldable black plastic i found in my garage i dont really know what it was from but it worked.

Originally Posted by back2basics
Ya know, I was thinking, if you wanna cover up the screw you could just take a small amount of body filler or epoxy and smear it across the top of it to make it smooth, then paint it black to match, you'd hardly even notice it all then and if you needed to get back at it just use an Exacto knive to clean out the grooves again...would only take a minute to do that.

Just an idea.
Yeah i might try that but you cant even tell there is a screw there unless you heavily stare at my lip.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://http://www.vinylbaseboards.co...baseboards.jpg

Out of curiosity, in order to get this same look. Couldnt you get a Rubber Base Board Molding from Lowes or Home Depot? Screw it on, or whatever you need to do, you could probably even find a wider one, to make it look lower. Just wanted to throw that in
Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Man, i didnt know that link wouldnt work...but go to google and search "Rubber Baseboars Molding" youll see what im talking about.

Damn this is Ghetto!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Loving the fog lights!

No, really and truly, i admire the time you spend doing things like this.

[/quote]
Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by pfcmooney
http://http://www.vinylbaseboards.co...baseboards.jpg

Out of curiosity, in order to get this same look. Couldnt you get a Rubber Base Board Molding from Lowes or Home Depot? Screw it on, or whatever you need to do, you could probably even find a wider one, to make it look lower. Just wanted to throw that in
Man, i didnt know that link wouldnt work...but go to google and search "Rubber Baseboars Molding" youll see what im talking about.

Damn this is Ghetto!
Loving the fog lights!

[/QUOTE]

That is NOT how to get post counts up.....
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM

Dude, this thread is awesome. I definitely like the idea of finding other lips that fit our max's. Cause the only one i know of is the stillen one (probably others i don't know about) but isn't it like $180 or something? I mean a 180 dollar lip probably doesn't look $179 better than yours....

And forgive me for asking...but what's the 'home depot lip' trick?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Im not trying to get post counts up, i have a life and can care less about post counts. Im just wanting to help, nothing more.

I think the Home Depot trick he was talkign about is the garage door extension he put on his integra lip. Nice job by the way!

I was talking about not even getting another lip from another car, and completely wrapping the underside of the front bumper with a vinyl base board, like you see in offices. I bet it would work. You can also buy them in different widths too, so you can determine how low you want it.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 PM

Im not trying to get post counts up, i have a life and can care less about post counts. Im just wanting to help, nothing more.
There is an option to edit a previous post... You dont have to keep making new ones. Just saying
Old 08-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 95Maxed
There is an option to edit a previous post... You dont have to keep making new ones. Just saying
K, thanks man. I dont post on here much, and dont know how everything works just yet. Ill get it eventually
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 PM

Is something like this what people use to make home depot lip?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...5&marketID=109
Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

^^^Definately, i think thats what he used to finish the corner of his Teg lip with.

I think you should by it, and give it a shot!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Maximum-Maxima
Damn why is everyone hating on my fogs starting to **** me off. Idc what others think dont judge from a couple pics they look nice in person....god. And no im dude not looking for stock fogs i choose the s14 ones for a reason. But anyways thanks to those who acutally said good things about lip again ill keep yall posted once im done.
Don't get all butthurt because some people don't like the lip or your fogs. It's the internet, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Personally, I give you an A for effort, but C for execution. There has to be a way to not have the screw exposed like that. That's the deal breaker for me.

Im not trying to get post counts up, i have a life and can care less about post counts.
couldn't
Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 PM

Damn this is Ghetto!
Yess thats what we call the luda lip in the maxima community. Im not a fan of how long the thing is. And plus the oem lips have mounting points.

Loving the fog lights!

[/QUOTE]
Thanks man just trying to be different.

Originally Posted by aterfy27
Dude, this thread is awesome. I definitely like the idea of finding other lips that fit our max's. Cause the only one i know of is the stillen one (probably others i don't know about) but isn't it like $180 or something? I mean a 180 dollar lip probably doesn't look $179 better than yours....

And forgive me for asking...but what's the 'home depot lip' trick?
There is a garage door under seal at home depot for 10 bucks and its foam looks just like plastic when its on the car tho, i mean it does the job but comes with too many problems imo. For one you would have to double side tape it, for 2 if you bottom out your front end your in for another 10 bucks cause it will be destroyed. For 3 the sides flare out and are hard to make stick at the end of the fender. My lip eliminates all this and cost only a dollar. lol

Is something like this what people use to make home depot lip?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...5&marketID=109
Yeah but you can get it at home depot for 10 bucks and its more than you need.

^^^Definately, i think thats what he used to finish the corner of his Teg lip with.

I think you should by it, and give it a shot!
I finished the sides with some type of cardboard black plastic material its from a journal (yeah ghetto) but hey it works.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:07 AM

This is the basically the type of ish i used. You cut a rectangular piece out and bend it on top and bottom so the unbent section is a thick as your lip then you slide it on your lip and glue it on with superglue. Ghetto but good.

http://www.nickcarr.com/bc/bookfactory/01book.jpg

Last edited by Maximum-Maxima; 08-07-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:51 AM

@maximum--yeah that was for like a 100 foot roll or something haha, i just linked the first one i saw that looked close. perhaps i'll cruse around looking for similar lips that could fit...

@wizard--thank you for noticing that it's "couldn't care less" not "can" or "could"...that drives me up the wall...haha
Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 AM

looks good to me ima take a trip to my local junkyard n see what i could find
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

@maximum--yeah that was for like a 100 foot roll or something haha, i just linked the first one i saw that looked close. perhaps i'll cruse around looking for similar lips that could fit...

@wizard--thank you for noticing that it's "couldn't care less" not "can" or "could"...that drives me up the wall...haha
Geez, we have english majors in here now...

BTW, no matter how you say that, it makes since. Yes, "couldnt care less" makes more since, but either way, it has the same effect...

Last edited by pfcmooney; 08-07-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: BTW, no matter how you look at that, it makes since...Think about it.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:30 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Geez, we have english majors in here now... it makes since...
s-e-n-s-e
Old 08-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Geez, we have english majors in here now...

BTW, no matter how you say that, it makes since. Yes, "couldnt care less" makes more since, but either way, it has the same effect...
Now you're just digging yourself a bigger hole....
And for the record, saying it wrong doesn't make any sense....
Originally Posted by nelledge
s-e-n-s-e
Old 08-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Don't get all butthurt because some people don't like the lip or your fogs. It's the internet, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Personally, I give you an A for effort, but C for execution. There has to be a way to not have the screw exposed like that. That's the deal breaker for me.

couldn't
My whole point there was the thread was created for the lip not the fogs. Thats why it made me a little mad.

If you find anything let us know. The lip i used was kind of a pain to work with, im on the look out for something a little more user friendly.

s-e-n-s-e
Old 08-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

s-e-n-s-e

LOL, damnit...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:14 AM

I myself am one for little cheap mods that you do just because you can regardless of whether or not it looks like it cost you 100+ dollars, so i give you props. For a couple a bucks i think it looks awesome. good job
Old 08-09-2010, 03:31 AM

nice lip dude!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:13 PM

i hear the wanting something unique i like the lip because you didnt sell out first you went this way which tells me you just like modding i cant leave anything stock either but just an idea but you should go back to depot and go to the plastic shelf stuff in hardware and get some of those black press in screw covers to shut the haters up nice lip man
Old 08-09-2010, 04:43 PM

stillen lip? 180 plus paint