4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Begining of a shave/tuck

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:53 PM

Big updates coming soon, just got to find a camera.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 AM

whats the steps to do this?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM

i definitely give ya props on the work. when its all done im sure itd look great! some color matching and maybe some samco radiator hoses for a lil flare... and if its not your daily driver, or if you dont care about them and you live in the gheto and know the right inspector, id say just pull your wiper motors and blades too... after all, you probably dont use them all that much anyways. and theres always rainx!!!

maybe one day ill buy another max for the track n do that too. i personally couldnt live without ac here in texas!!! screwwwww that!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun
good looking engine bay, my gf is going to inherit a 300zxTT from her dad and i have to say the engine bays on those are some of the scariest pieces of work ive ever seen.
btw its totaly stock except for 2 new turbos. ****s sick.

also excited for the "big changes" idk what else could be done to that car.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 PM

Wow way to think outside the box! I've never seen a tucked engine before and seeing one for the first time is awsome!

My A/C is completely dead, and so I think I might actually remove all that crap since its below 50 degrees in Washington just about 364 days a year.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
i definitely give ya props on the work. when its all done im sure itd look great! some color matching and maybe some samco radiator hoses for a lil flare... and if its not your daily driver, or if you dont care about them and you live in the gheto and know the right inspector, id say just pull your wiper motors and blades too... after all, you probably dont use them all that much anyways. and theres always rainx!!!

maybe one day ill buy another max for the track n do that too. i personally couldnt live without ac here in texas!!! screwwwww that!
Thanks man, I'm pretty much done with the motor stuff for now, the bay should be finished this or next week sometime. If there's one thing i cant do without its the wiper lol. I know alot of people with mini trucks that take them out but rain x just doesn't do the job for me.

heres some pics of the motor now, keep in mind I still need to clean the intake manifold and replace a bunch of seals in it.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dark_man_x
Thanks man, I'm pretty much done with the motor stuff for now, the bay should be finished this or next week sometime. If there's one thing i cant do without its the wiper lol. I know alot of people with mini trucks that take them out but rain x just doesn't do the job for me.

heres some pics of the motor now, keep in mind I still need to clean the intake manifold and replace a bunch of seals in it.
thats looken pretty clean! a couple new small hoses n id call that about done! you gonna tuck the wires around the engine too? or let them run on top? oh n i didnt even read where you were from before i said the wipers thing! lol i was just in a texas mindset! i dont even use rain x and i barely have to use my wipers!

oh and just a thought, you could route the intake down low by the fender or even through it so you dont see the massive filter. just a clean intake disappearing into nowhere! <--- i plan on doing that myself!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
thats looken pretty clean! a couple new small hoses n id call that about done! you gonna tuck the wires around the engine too? or let them run on top? oh n i didnt even read where you were from before i said the wipers thing! lol i was just in a texas mindset! i dont even use rain x and i barely have to use my wipers!

oh and just a thought, you could route the intake down low by the fender or even through it so you dont see the massive filter. just a clean intake disappearing into nowhere! <--- i plan on doing that myself!
yeh I'm re-routing and looming the engine harness so you wont see as much of it and ive already tucked all 3 relay boxes. Ill look at the intake when i get it all back togethor and see what i can do.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 PM

/clap
just buy and injun intake. it goes right down next to the engine, one right turn extension later and its in your fender.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 PM

I like the way it looks with everything out of your way did you paint the plastic piece in the front valve cover yourself?
Old 04-10-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by tuany3
I like the way it looks with everything out of your way did you paint the plastic piece in the front valve cover yourself?
yessir i did.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by HandsonMaxima.
my gf is going to inherit a 300zxTT from her dad and i have to say the engine bays on those are some of the scariest pieces of work ive ever seen.
btw its totaly stock except for 2 new turbos. ****s sick.
I hope by "inherit" you mean he's going to hand it down to her instead of it literally being a part of her inheritance when he's dead. If not, then you're the piece of work..
Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 PM

I can't live without A/C or PS but I have to admit that it looks great. I try not to judge people based on the mods that they choose to do to their vehicle. The only ones I openly judge are insanely ugly body kits, nasty exhaust and a$$holes putting hids in stock housings.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
I hope by "inherit" you mean he's going to hand it down to her instead of it literally being a part of her inheritance when he's dead. If not, then you're the piece of work..
im sorry, let me rephrase that for the sake of somebody that reads to deep into a simple post,

he gonna give his daughter a car she likes in a few years when he moves to california.
there you go jackass

and i also dont understand how im the peice of work, i state a fact about my gf, then i state my opinion about how the car currently is. and i also know how scary the engines are because ive done a couple repairs on it.
better for you to grasp if i spell it out?

Last edited by HandsonMaxima.; 04-10-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Hopefully getting the bay primed and painted today. Ill post pictures if i get it done.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:15 PM

whats the size of the belt you used after you took the compressor out?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Actually I understand your logic behind removing the PS and A/C! It might not yield that much gain but in the long run I think there will be less stress on the engine.

But anyways, great work I cannot wait to see the finished product.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Looks to be coming along well. Can't wait to see the finished product. You didn't shave all the unnecessary bolt holes though?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:32 PM

Where's the pics of the bay resprayed and engine back in place. I know it should he finished by now lol. Sorry for the old bump but this has been floating in my head this past week none stop and wanted to see the end result...
Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 PM

this would have been a really nice write up I'm all bout it now
Old 08-17-2011, 07:04 PM

Love it and remember its your car!!
Check out this crazy build from another forum I am a member on (No, not my car I wish)!!
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.ph...0&hilit=grover
Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 AM

That is really clean. Wish it had this much room from the factory. I'm inspired. When I'm ready for a swap this will be done.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 PM

lol, i would pay someone to do this. i could do it, but knowing me i would pull **** out that i shouldnt have lol
Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Looking good man
Old 08-22-2011, 07:34 PM

Oh wow, I forgot all about this thread. I did paint the bay but I haven't shaved it yet. Just haven't had the time because its my daily and I work 6 days a week. Let me clean it up a bit and I will post pics of how it looks now. Once I get another car to drive I'm going to be fully shaving with tucked engine harness. Deadline for that will be July 2012 (summer Import Alliance or BUST haha).
Old 08-29-2011, 09:04 AM

hurry and post them lol, ive always wanted to attend IA...
Old 08-30-2011, 12:55 PM

Make it look like this and there would be no need for the crap you're doing...

Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by araffio

that bay gives me a 1/4 chub nice ride..!!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

PS

Hmmm after this I'm very curious. Is There anyway to take out the power steering alone? Lol it seem to interest me so I'm just curious. If I no longer wanted the ps would I be able to just remove that alone or would I have to get rid of everything else around there too? If it's not possible please excuse me for my lack of knowledge just find what you did interesting.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM

i like his engine bay clean as fck
Old 09-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Hey you can keep that hate in your pocket next time boss man.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by kickpush
Hmmm after this I'm very curious. Is There anyway to take out the power steering alone? Lol it seem to interest me so I'm just curious. If I no longer wanted the ps would I be able to just remove that alone or would I have to get rid of everything else around there too? If it's not possible please excuse me for my lack of knowledge just find what you did interesting.

Yes you can delete the PS alone if you wanted, Just remove everything associated with it and your done, You can take the belt off and drive it around just to get a feel for it and see if you like it but it will make it a tad bit harder with all the fluid still in the system.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MaxiNone
hurry and post them lol, ive always wanted to attend IA...
LOL soory man I've been busy and now its like a monsoon outside so as soon as it clears up I will snap some pictures.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:01 PM
The original VQ...

Wow that looks great !

good work
Old 09-06-2011, 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=Dark_man_x;7394291]
Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
I award you for your time and patience to do this, but did you ever stop to think that its not a honda[/QUOTE

lol i wasn't aware that hondas were the only cars worthy of a clean engine bay.

bigpopaj369- I took them out because i didn't really need them plus They just both add mass that the engine would have to turn so by taking them out it can rev freer. it wasnt JUST a cosmetic thing.
Nice. Good job.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:14 PM

I hate people who hate on other people's taste. Unless it's a Maxima with a huge body kit and 22 inch chrome rims and crazy tribal designs everywhere and a big wing.. in that case go for it.

I personally wouldn't put that much work into it, but it looks pretty good, and it's something I have not seen in a Max, so props to you.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:14 PM

That looks clean but what dark_man is going for is a different direction than what your bay is. I wish my bay for the very least looked like yours but tucking and shaving is something that I personally think looks way better...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dark_man_x
LOL soory man I've been busy and now its like a monsoon outside so as soon as it clears up I will snap some pictures.
What size belt (or part # for the belt) did u use?...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MaxiNone
What size belt (or part # for the belt) did u use?...

If your talking about the A/C belt then it is a 36" belt (360k6 Autozone part number I think)
Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

man that shiz is clean.,do u have step by step instr.

Quick Reply: Begining of a shave/tuck