4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Heated seats + Heated Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Heated seats + Heated Mirrors

Alright so did some searching and found a good 4-5 threads in regards to this topic one mainly struck me for being more informative but did not quite get the answer I'm looking for. I did not bump it as I just helped bump an older 5 year old thread minutes ago

Alright here's some info, I've got a 95 GXE that was prewired for one power seat after adding a certain fuse or relay far behind the kick panel almost near the firewall.

I worked at a junk yard for nearly a year and collected many goodies over that period of time but never got around to installing it all and now that its been a year since I got the parts and summer is almost over, I'm going crazy installing all these things within the past week or so.

Start reading from here if you dont wanna read a little background

1. I'd like to know if there's a plug and play harness you can get for the heated seats that will not require any splicing whatsoever as if the option came with the car. And yes I do have the switches for heat.

2. Same question as above is there a plug and play harness?...Just about 2 weeks ago there was a 96-98 i30 at the jy with the same paint code as my max(BM1) checked if the mirrors had two plugs and they did so I grabbed the mirrors hoping mine would too but mine isnt wired for it.

3. If there are no direct harnesses for plug and play for the mirrors, I'd have to run a wire or two from for each mirror coming from behind the defrost switch and dash through the door harness grommet and voila, correct? if so can someone enlighten me as to which wires I need to tap into?

4. As for the seats, if there's no direct harness, I've got the seats and switches..what would I need to tap into? I was reading in one of my searches about only into ACC sources but could use some confirmation.

Thanks in advance and sorry if there's a thread redundancy.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 PM

sad face
Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Administrator

These 3 threads should help you tremedously with all your heated seats questions. I've checked, and all your heated seat questions have answers within. Now go read! LOL

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...t-install.html

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...s-install.html

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...ted-seats.html

If you still have questions, feel free to ask here. Can't help with the mirrors, sorry.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
These 3 threads should help you tremedously with all your heated seats questions. I've checked, and all your heated seat questions have answers within. Now go read! LOL

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...t-install.html

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...s-install.html

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...ted-seats.html

If you still have questions, feel free to ask here. Can't help with the mirrors, sorry.
Thank you sir, glad someone finally posted lol. I'll be looking into these threads in more detail and hope to get my heated items working soon so I can also finally focums on installing OEM fogs I've had for over a year sittin in my garage
Old 10-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by HvyFoOTeR3
new here need some replies before i can post
Is it really that hard to make 15 useful contributing posts before you're allowed to start your own thread??
Old 10-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by HvyFoOTeR3
new here need some replies before i can post
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...e-posting.html

go ask your question there.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM

I feel so... used I demand some useful contribution to MY thread

HvyFoOTeR3 needs some 'splainin to do
Old 10-21-2009, 06:20 AM

Don't PO the Wizard.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM

op did you get your setas and stuff working yet? also since you have the switch dont expect them to light up when you turn the switch on, i thought it should light and went really crazy thinking i fried somethng up, but when in reality the swicth light goes bad quick
Old 10-21-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by maxfever1987
op did you get your setas and stuff working yet? also since you have the switch dont expect them to light up when you turn the switch on, i thought it should light and went really crazy thinking i fried somethng up, but when in reality the swicth light goes bad quick

Nah dude, I've been so busy I haven't even read those threads posted earlier in this thread. Wait, did any of those even contain any info on how to wire the heated seats? if not maybe you can offer some guidance Its starting to get cold
Old 10-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Nah dude, I've been so busy I haven't even read those threads posted earlier in this thread. Wait, did any of those even contain any info on how to wire the heated seats? if not maybe you can offer some guidance Its starting to get cold
My efforts/links were in vain.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:02 PM

strike one for the OP.

wizards getting tedious.. so am i.. I want heated seats. o_O
Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax

Trust me read those threads, when i started to piece together this project there was one man who i relied on and it was The Wizard, he is the man. trust me when he posted to read those threads he was right abt it. I can only repeat what those threads say in them. Each one has very very useful info here is one more thread my personal one maybe this can add some more info

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...-question.html
Old 10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by maxfever1987
Trust me read those threads, when i started to piece together this project there was one man who i relied on and it was The Wizard, he is the man. trust me when he posted to read those threads he was right abt it. I can only repeat what those threads say in them. Each one has very very useful info here is one more thread my personal one maybe this can add some more info

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...-question.html
Thanks for the kudos maxfever.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 PM

now i can hook up my heated seats...ive been putting it off for the past month...ive got all the switches but the wires are all hacked to hell..and ive had a tough time trying to decode them and plus im worried that ill goof up something...great post thanks guys