4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Brembo Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by maxprivate
So your saying everyone on the org has fake Brembos? I highly doubt that. I paid about 400 and change for mine and that by any means is not cheap. I also called Brembo to verify if the were authentic and mine are.
Unless they are like The Wizards(which are real) they are fake drilled/slotted Brembo blanks or just fake in general. I paid $300 for mine. What is your point? Prices go up in China. What do you expect the distributors here need to do?

Call up Brembo again and ask them if they dimpled rotors. Then come back here and tell your story how they laughed at you.

Also, if you read my paragraph I didn't say everyone has fakes. Only the ones I listed at fakes or Blanks that are dimpled slotted. I know you can buy just slotted ones on Tirerack but that is JUST slotted. Brembo does not make any dimples and they don't plan on doing it. These fake dealers that distribrute china's product is all a scam. Sorry to say but it is. The only thing good about them I can say is they do at least give you a product vs. not. I also love the fact that when I need something from some of the guys I bought stuff off of are either no longer members or impossible to contact or they never heard of me. Weird....

Last edited by S1cTech; 03-26-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM

I can't get the caliper bolts off. I spent 3 hours banging on it and spraying pb blaster. I also twisted two socket extensions.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Grumpy old guy

http://www.brembo.com/US/Market/Catalogue/20060413.htm

NEW EASY CHECK DISC – SAFETY AT FIRST SIGHT

Brembo has developed Easy Check, the brake disc that unites OEM matching quality with an exclusive system that proves the state of wear, due to two holes of different depths: one by the Minimum Thickness, the other a few tenths of a millimeter before the Minimum Thickness.

2 Marks: OK.
Brake disc wear falls within the safety limits allowed.
1 Mark: Check!
The brake disc has worn down over 80% of its wearable thickness, therefore its volume of cast iron is proportionally reduced and the disc tends to reach higher operating temperatures. Check that its condition of use is normal, i.e. that there are no cracks, dark marks or deep scratches on the surface. Replace it within the next 5/10,000 km.
0 Mark: Replace!!
The disc has worn down all its wearable thickness, reaching or exceeding the minimum thickness marked on the disc (MIN TH). Replace it immediately so as not to affect the safety of the vehicle.
A special label on the pack and the final number “4” instead of “0” easily identifies the Easy Check product range.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 PM

wiazrd i love your car lol
Old 03-27-2009, 06:15 PM

I'm thinking to get one of these
Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Quickywd01
I can't get the caliper bolts off. I spent 3 hours banging on it and spraying pb blaster. I also twisted two socket extensions.
1/2" drive FTW
Old 03-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Bad Mother Fornicator

Very interesting reading..
Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by S1cTech
Unless they are like The Wizards(which are real) they are fake drilled/slotted Brembo blanks or just fake in general. I paid $300 for mine. What is your point? Prices go up in China. What do you expect the distributors here need to do?

Call up Brembo again and ask them if they dimpled rotors. Then come back here and tell your story how they laughed at you.

Also, if you read my paragraph I didn't say everyone has fakes. Only the ones I listed at fakes or Blanks that are dimpled slotted. I know you can buy just slotted ones on Tirerack but that is JUST slotted. Brembo does not make any dimples and they don't plan on doing it. These fake dealers that distribrute china's product is all a scam. Sorry to say but it is. The only thing good about them I can say is they do at least give you a product vs. not. I also love the fact that when I need something from some of the guys I bought stuff off of are either no longer members or impossible to contact or they never heard of me. Weird....
The only real brembos you will find will be really really gold in color, Be slanted or crossdrilled and trust me. No one on Maxima.org in group sales has the real ones.

That statement look familiar to you? So isn't this stating that everyone that has purchased these Brembos from the Org has fake ones? My Brembos are not Dimpled mine are slotted so personally I really don't care. If you have gotten ripped off with fakes in the pass you live and learn from your mistakes, you now know the fakes... so next time you won't make the same mistake again. I guess to be safe as you stated people should purchase from an authorized dealer.

Last edited by maxprivate; 03-27-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:56 AM

I've got a OLD one of those so I'll get a socket for it and see what happens. If not I'll look into a impact wrench, either electric or air.

Originally Posted by QNO_A32
1/2" drive FTW

Last edited by Quickywd01; 03-30-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:31 AM

Update

1/2" drive and a torch got the bolts free. One caliper pin was not sliding. I took it all apart and cleaned it with a wire brush till it looked new, greased it, and put it back together. I put new hps pads on the front and rear and new rotors front and back. I tried to turn the rear pistons clockwise but with the caliper attached to the brake hose and e-brake line I couldn't really do much so I removed the calipers and used my vice to hold them while I turned them in. They didn't go in too easily especially the right side one. I was using pliers to turn them so maybe that’s why it was difficult but I had to really crank hard on them and the right side was a pita. After reinstalling them I bled the brakes front and rear. First stop at 35 mph with moderate pressure as the hps box says, the front right was knocking. I thought the caliper was shot since that was the one with the stuck bolts and pin. I went down some steep hills slowly to heat up the pads but stilled had the knocking whenever I would press the pedal moderately. After a day of easy driving the knocking is gone. I slowed down from a very high speed starting with light pressure and then moderate but not going beyond that and no knocking. I already bought a FR caliper and RR caliper because I thought they were seized or not working properly. Should I keep driving as it is or replace the calipers? Also, how can I make sure my pads aren't rubbing when I'm not on the brakes? I’m worried I put too much grease on the pins?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by Quickywd01
1/2" drive and a torch got the bolts free. One caliper pin was not sliding. I took it all apart and cleaned it with a wire brush till it looked new, greased it, and put it back together. I put new hps pads on the front and rear and new rotors front and back. I tried to turn the rear pistons clockwise but with the caliper attached to the brake hose and e-brake line I couldn't really do much so I removed the calipers and used my vice to hold them while I turned them in. They didn't go in too easily especially the right side one. I was using pliers to turn them so maybe that’s why it was difficult but I had to really crank hard on them and the right side was a pita. After reinstalling them I bled the brakes front and rear. First stop at 35 mph with moderate pressure as the hps box says, the front right was knocking. I thought the caliper was shot since that was the one with the stuck bolts and pin. I went down some steep hills slowly to heat up the pads but stilled had the knocking whenever I would press the pedal moderately. After a day of easy driving the knocking is gone. I slowed down from a very high speed starting with light pressure and then moderate but not going beyond that and no knocking. I already bought a FR caliper and RR caliper because I thought they were seized or not working properly. Should I keep driving as it is or replace the calipers? Also, how can I make sure my pads aren't rubbing when I'm not on the brakes? I’m worried I put too much grease on the pins?
If your calipers were siezed or sticking it would make a terrible noise. Happened with one of my rear calipers and replaced it. Its been fine ever since. I would listen for noise or with a piece of paper slide it between the pad and the rotor to see if there clearance. that would be your best bet for IMO checking for pad rubbing.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 AM

I had a stuck rear caliper on a previous car so I know what you mean about the noise. I don't have any noise. Thursday I'm going to be able to inspect everything after driving home.

Originally Posted by maxprivate
If your calipers were siezed or sticking it would make a terrible noise. Happened with one of my rear calipers and replaced it. Its been fine ever since. I would listen for noise or with a piece of paper slide it between the pad and the rotor to see if there clearance. that would be your best bet for IMO checking for pad rubbing.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by The Wizard
No problem. I'll check tonight when I get home from work.

The Brembo BBK is great. No fade ever, awesome stopping power etc.
Yo I've been looking for a BBK where did you get yours from? How much where they?