4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Which HID do you guys recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:28 PM

Rofl.......

The OP's on fireeeeee
Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 PM

So, how about the economy?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:24 PM

petro2342 = fixerupper10??????????
Old 12-03-2008, 09:32 PM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by petro2342
I want to upgrade my lights to have a more "tuned" look to it without sacrificing the light output and blinding others. I've tried searching on here about which HID kit to get for as low as possible, but I didn't have any luck doing so. I've done some research and it looks like I need a 9004 bulb since I got a 97 max. Does anyone know which ones are recommended or if there's anything I'm missing? This is what I want to get:

http://www.wholesalexenonhid.com/views.asp?hw_id=533

I also noticing there isn't a light section on here or the fact I mislooked, but I searched countless times before making a new thread.
Just buy my projector and HID combo. See thread in signature for more information.

Otherwise...get these:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html
Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by G4nismo
Lots of sand around here..........
Old 12-04-2008, 06:39 AM
The Golden One

Because people like above posted with useless info. Still not what I was looking for.

Anyways I called lightwurkz and chatted with them for a while. They have done a countless amount of hids on 4th gen maximas and not once have their customers called back or complained with their light output. In fact they complimented on how much better it was. And thats what I will be doing. So I have made up my mind and will get these. For all you haters, hate on.
Whoa I didn't see this post.

I was trying to be nice earlier but damn man...you deserve to be hated on. Us members on here have tried and tested HID's on our Maximas. Go projector or bust. As Wizard said, do you think LightWerkz would tell you anything bad about themselves? Puhleeze. You must not know how the business world works. Very few companies are 100% honest.

Enjoy your ****ty HID's man. Just remember...after you pay them $350 to buy and install a cheap HID kit that will suck *** (it will look brighter, but you'll be blinding the hell out of cars coming towards you)...remember that you could have had a REAL set of headlights (that will get you looks and compliments every day) if you had just gotten a retrofit done (or purchased from me since I'm selling mine because my car is for sale).

You sir, are an idiot. Hate to say it, but judging by the quote above, you are.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by IlyaK

I was trying to be nice earlier but damn man...you deserve to be hated on. Us members on here have tried and tested HID's on our Maximas. Go projector or bust. As Wizard said, do you think LightWerkz would tell you anything bad about themselves? Puhleeze. You must not know how the business world works. Very few companies are 100% honest.

Enjoy your ****ty HID's man. Just remember...after you pay them $350 to buy and install a cheap HID kit that will suck *** (it will look brighter, but you'll be blinding the hell out of cars coming towards you)...remember that you could have had a REAL set of headlights (that will get you looks and compliments every day) if you had just gotten a retrofit done (or purchased from me since I'm selling mine because my car is for sale).

Oh and +1 to projectors, I've been blinded many a time by idiot ricers around here with HIDs in their stock civic housings...it's really not cool not being able to see the road.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:43 PM

im in full agreement with this comment.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Nothing against lightwurkz, but do you honestly think lightwurkz would tell you if customers did complain or have issues??? Of course they're going to spoonfeed you what you want to hear.
Of coarse I'm not going to believe everything they said but mostly everything about them are true. As long as I adjust them they will work as I want.

Originally Posted by kzoosho
go right ahead and spend 1000 for a retro lol. I wouldnt even charge that much. Glad you got it figured out.
Yupp.

Originally Posted by madsen203
This is true... never take advice from the devil itself (the dealer) unless they offer other brands to compare to that they sell...

Other than that, let us know how they turn out!!

--Mike--
Thanks. Will do.

Originally Posted by vQmaxii
just go get a 6k hid kit and you'll be fine.
Still debating between 6k or 8k. Most likely 6k though.

Originally Posted by gatsugansu
Rofl.......

The OP's on fireeeeee

Originally Posted by Tight_Whip
So, how about the economy?
Still in the **** hole imo.

Originally Posted by G4nismo
Umm... what?

Lots of sand around here..........

I appreciate the help, but you guys are the ones that are hating. I bet most of you read on the forums how ****ty they are and assume so on your own. Most info given on the net are bs just some of the posts above. Honestly the best way to determine if they are worth it is to try it yourself. How can you say HIDs dont work in the stock housing if some of the members on this board say they work and have no issues? Simply adjust and they should be good.

Thanks I will enjoy my "****ty" hids man. Who said I'm going to pay that much? I already know which set I am going to get so when I get them I will post up my reviews.

Only idiots are people jumping on the band wagon and reading to people like you saying they DONT work. Like I said above why is it that some people on this board have HIDs and work perfectly fine? And not just on the board but others?

Originally Posted by Coolsaber57

Oh and +1 to projectors, I've been blinded many a time by idiot ricers around here with HIDs in their stock civic housings...it's really not cool not being able to see the road.
Yes projectors and a retro fit is a better way to go but it isn't the only way. Of coarse when you spend hundreds of dollars on a set of lights they are going to work like suppose to. What do you expect? And how dare you say that this is going to be the same exact thing? Ricers put pointless car parts just so they can have it. As for their lights they most likely never adjusted the lights or bought some ebays ones that are crap. So don't even compare.

Last edited by petro2342; 12-04-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:58 PM

Your actually ignorance hurts.

the people that are telling you not to do this have expereince with HIDs in stock housings we are trying to prevent YOU from making the same mistake not hating. Ive dug up this pictures from MY car when i put HIDs in teh stock housing and this is after all the adjusting and the rest of that BS:

its horrible even during the day they had some pretty bad glare

I have a set of projectors I will sell to you for cheap if you want them it will be much better than these HIDs that you are going to put in your headlights. HIDs in the stock halogen housings regardless of how much adjusting you do is dangerous and unsafe. People who say that all you have to do is re-aim your headlights are completely and totally wrong you will still glare badly.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:13 PM

I'm not looking to start a argument here, but when half the people say they don't work and the other half who have them say they are fine makes me want to try and see for my self. Now when I made this thread all I wanted to know was which ones are the good ones. Then this got all crazy and went to hell with some useful info. I just want you guys to know where I stand and that I have nothing against none of you. Well only to the ones that come here and try to bash me.

How much are you willing to sell them for and mind sending me a pm with some pictures?

Much appreciated.

And to those that have nothing good to say STAY OUT! When people search for answered all they are going to read are your WORTHLESS posts so your not doing any good by posting your .02 cents.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:14 PM

6K is barely brighter than halogen as far as lumens and 8K is a joke. Obviously you havent done too much reading so there i nothing else to say here. If i see you driving my way i will high beam you. O my tl's are brighter than you pnp just so you know.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:15 PM

I'm not looking to start a argument here, but when half the people say they don't work and the other half who have them say they are fine makes me want to try and see for my self. Now when I made this thread all I wanted to know was which ones are the good ones. Then this got all crazy and went to hell with some useful info. I just want you guys to know where I stand and that I have nothing against none of you. Well only to the ones that come here and try to bash me.

How much are you willing to sell them for and mind sending me a pm with some pictures?

Much appreciated.

And to those that have nothing good to say STAY OUT! When people search for answered all they are going to read are your WORTHLESS posts so your not doing any good by posting your .02 cents.
in my sig check where it says stuff for sale, they are a set of X5 projectors
Old 12-04-2008, 01:19 PM

6K is barely brighter than halogen as far as lumens and 8K is a joke. Obviously you havent done too much reading so there i nothing else to say here. If i see you driving my way i will high beam you. O my tl's are brighter than you pnp just so you know.
If 6k aren't much brighter than why do cars some with them? I have done the research and you being stubborn as a mule doesn't help me. Don't like this thread don't post. Easy as that. We all know the retros are much better so don't try to rub it in.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:28 PM

If 6k aren't much brighter than why do cars some with them? I have done the research and you being stubborn as a mule doesn't help me. Don't like this thread don't post. Easy as that. We all know the retros are much better so don't try to rub it in.
Not one oem car comes with 6k sir. Please do some research on that. Just because you think they are blue they aren't. Show me one oem car that comes with 6k.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:28 PM
The Golden One

Okay...let me set this record straight for you before you break it or something (?).

The BEST HID bulbs are 4300k (which is what EVERY OEM manufacturer uses) as they are the most like sunlight (the best light). The higher you go (6k, 8k, etc.) the less actual useable light you get. This will make itself VERY known in inclement weather conditions. When you see blue OEM HID's...that's just color bending. If you were to look directly at the light head on...you would see it as white, not blue. If you were above the light, or below it, or to the side of it...you would see blue. Look at the pics in my sig and you'll see what I'm talking about (I have 6k).

As for you saying some people say it works and some say it doesn't. Of course it'll work, it's just a bulb. But the people who say "it works" do not understand the true theory of HID/Reflector technology. Any of the headlights you buy on EBay for OUR CAR...are NOT made for HID. SIMPLE AS THAT. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's just how it is. You will be doing yourself and the other drivers on the road a diservice if you just get HID PnP bulbs. DON'T DO IT.

I am selling my TL projectors for $550 + shipping + 3% paypal fees. You will get EVERYTHING to make them work. Click on my cardomain link in my signature or the FS link regarding the TL retrofits to see pics and output.

When I drive, my projectors light up the road HALF A MILE away (pending the road is flat and no hills are in the way). HALF A ****IN MILE AWAY! I can see highway signs just as most cars tailights are becoming tiny *** red dots. And that's just with the low beam. Good luck achieving 50yards with your regular HID bulb in our crappy housing.

GO BIG...OR GO HOME.

/end thread
Old 12-04-2008, 03:02 PM

just a little correction, some BMW come with 5k stock, between 4300 and 5k is what u will get OEM. I have 6ks and 4300k, the 6ks def. look very good but when it rains u cant see a thing with the 6ks. 4300k is the way to go
Old 12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

As for you saying some people say it works and some say it doesn't. Of course it'll work, it's just a bulb. But the people who say "it works" do not understand the true theory of HID/Reflector technology. Any of the headlights you buy on EBay for OUR CAR...are NOT made for HID. SIMPLE AS THAT. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's just how it is. You will be doing yourself and the other drivers on the road a diservice if you just get HID PnP bulbs. DON'T DO IT.
Exactly. Ignorance is bliss. Those who love em don't know any better and/or don't give a **** and don't know they're blinding everyone on the road.

Fine. Don't take the word(s) of very respectable and knowledgeable members on the board, go ahead and buy em. Stick around long enough and you'll know who's full of bs, and who is knowledgeable and helpful. Go read up on HIDplanet too.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:40 PM

guys ive owned the lightwurkz hids on all my cars....they have never burnt out...i had my maxima ones for 2 years already....and i dont think you should talk crap about the company if you havent had experience with them.....Let the guy do what he wants....he didnt say he wanted to get a 1000$ retro...all he said was he wanted a hid kit.....my hids dont glare because i ajusted them down a bit....they are not blinding, nor have i ever been highbeamed for it! you guys are all ganging up on the guy for no reason....then again to ilya.....why go big or go home on a maxima. these cars are 10-15 years old...what is the point! Get a regular hid kit in the color ur desire....and being ignorant is one thing, but being a man and choosing whatever your heart desires is different.... Goodluck....

edit: also hids make the car look a little newer imo......all the new cars have them....

Last edited by The Russian; 12-04-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by RuSSiAnMax415

edit: also hids make the car look a little newer imo......all the new cars have them....
The OP wants that "tuned" look ya know, not a newer look

Lighten up OP, we're just stating our opinions, sharing our knowledge and trying to help. A lot of it is based on facts, and most of us speak from experience.

Seems like you've made up your mind.
/thread

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:17 PM

Not one oem car comes with 6k sir. Please do some research on that. Just because you think they are blue they aren't. Show me one oem car that comes with 6k.
You are right. None of them do come with it, but its pretty close.

Okay...let me set this record straight for you before you break it or something (?).

The BEST HID bulbs are 4300k (which is what EVERY OEM manufacturer uses) as they are the most like sunlight (the best light). The higher you go (6k, 8k, etc.) the less actual useable light you get. This will make itself VERY known in inclement weather conditions. When you see blue OEM HID's...that's just color bending. If you were to look directly at the light head on...you would see it as white, not blue. If you were above the light, or below it, or to the side of it...you would see blue. Look at the pics in my sig and you'll see what I'm talking about (I have 6k).
I understand that. My friend has 8k and everytime I've been in his car I never had problems seeing.

Understood.

I am selling my TL projectors for $550 + shipping + 3% paypal fees. You will get EVERYTHING to make them work. Click on my cardomain link in my signature or the FS link regarding the TL retrofits to see pics and output.
No thanks. I would, but I just dont have the time and money right now. Plus I'll probably just break it, haha.

When I drive, my projectors light up the road HALF A MILE away (pending the road is flat and no hills are in the way). HALF A ****IN MILE AWAY! I can see highway signs just as most cars tailights are becoming tiny *** red dots. And that's just with the low beam. Good luck achieving 50yards with your regular HID bulb in our crappy housing.

GO BIG...OR GO HOME.

/end thread
Thats the beauty of projectors. I've been in alot of cars that have projectors including my old one. Plus people like your projectors blind the **** out of me!! The only day I was driving and the new smart cars blinded the *** out of me. I thought it was some jackass but who would of figured a new car like that could blind you.

Originally Posted by Crusher103
just a little correction, some BMW come with 5k stock, between 4300 and 5k is what u will get OEM. I have 6ks and 4300k, the 6ks def. look very good but when it rains u cant see a thing with the 6ks. 4300k is the way to go
My other car had 5k and loved it.

Exactly. Ignorance is bliss. Those who love em don't know any better and/or don't give a **** and don't know they're blinding everyone on the road.

Fine. Don't take the word(s) of very respectable and knowledgeable members on the board, go ahead and buy em. Stick around long enough and you'll know who's full of bs, and who is knowledgeable and helpful. Go read up on HIDplanet too.
I am reading all your posts. I'm just replying to just save my ****, but also take your posts to consideration. Like I said before when some say it don't work and others say it works like the post below this makes me want to try. I could always sell them. So until I try I really won't know how "bad" they are in our stock housings. Sorry guys, but I am going to try unless I get convinced otherwise.

guys ive owned the lightwurkz hids on all my cars....they have never burnt out...i had my maxima ones for 2 years already....and i dont think you should talk crap about the company if you havent had experience with them.....Let the guy do what he wants....he didnt say he wanted to get a 1000$ retro...all he said was he wanted a hid kit.....my hids dont glare because i ajusted them down a bit....they are not blinding, nor have i ever been highbeamed for it! you guys are all ganging up on the guy for no reason....then again to ilya.....why go big or go home on a maxima. these cars are 10-15 years old...what is the point! Get a regular hid kit in the color ur desire....and being ignorant is one thing, but being a man and choosing whatever your heart desires is different.... Goodluck....

Might want to post a pic and show these guys what you are talking about for those that don't know.

Btw, your car is cleeeeeeeeean.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:20 PM

The OP wants that "tuned" look ya know, not a newer look

Lighten up OP, we're just stating our opinions, sharing our knowledge and trying to help. A lot of it is based on facts, and most of us speak from experience.

Seems like you've made up your mind.
/thread

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks. I just want you guys to understand where I stand from my view. I didn't come here to ask for help and ignore it. Just I got 2 different answers so I'll still have to see how its going to play out.

Plus I'm not going to purchase HIDs until i get some fog lights. Just in case I do have HIDs and it gets foggy or rainy I'll have some back up lights to help make it clearer.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

i'm not here to hate but:
i bought a 4300k bixenon kit off ebay and stuck them in my 95/6 housings - big mistake. they glared even when pointed down all the way.
i got aftermarket 97/9 housings and no glare but looks like i'm running brights unless pointed down. in both cases the beam pattern sucks and i don't see as much as i'd like so...putting some $$$ together for projectors - there's a seller on ebay from atl that does no reserve auctions and they can be had for under $100 - that's the only way to get really good lighting under any weather conditions.

petro2342 - i thought the older org members felt like they're high and mighty with there retros and what not but sometimes they're right
Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 PM

Yea, but they could just give me the answers and not bash on me. And members with little posts coming in here and start laughing at this don't help. People make threads for help. Give a answer and leave. If its bad enough a mod should lock the thread.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 PM

actually most new cars still run halogens, they just have much better designed headlight housings to make better use of the light.

I dont know why people think retros are going to cost them over $1000, my setup cost me a little over $250, thats a far cry from this magical $1000. im running E46 projectors too.

its just when u can pick up projectors for so cheap just go ahead and do it right the first time, FX35 and Murano projectors go for very cheap and are very good projectors.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:56 PM

You are talking about the 4800. Still not 6k as i said.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 PM

actually most new cars still run halogens, they just have much better designed headlight housings to make better use of the light.

I dont know why people think retros are going to cost them over $1000, my setup cost me a little over $250, thats a far cry from this magical $1000. im running E46 projectors too.

its just when u can pick up projectors for so cheap just go ahead and do it right the first time, FX35 and Murano projectors go for very cheap and are very good projectors.
Yea, if they are that cheap then why isn't anyone making them for around that much? I would pay someone $300 or so, but $550 - $800 I rather see what my other options are before committing.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by allensteiner21
i'm not here to hate but:
i bought a 4300k bixenon kit off ebay and stuck them in my 95/6 housings - big mistake. they glared even when pointed down all the way.
i got aftermarket 97/9 housings and no glare but looks like i'm running brights unless pointed down. in both cases the beam pattern sucks and i don't see as much as i'd like so...putting some $$$ together for projectors - there's a seller on ebay from atl that does no reserve auctions and they can be had for under $100 - that's the only way to get really good lighting under any weather conditions.

petro2342 - i thought the older org members felt like they're high and mighty with there retros and what not but sometimes they're right
Buy my setup. You won't be disappointed and as far as I know...it's the one of the best if not THE best setups for a 4th gen Maxima.

See links in sig.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Buy my setup. You won't be disappointed and as far as I know...it's the one of the best if not THE best setups for a 4th gen Maxima.

See links in sig.
Free bump for you!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM

Yea, if they are that cheap then why isn't anyone making them for around that much? I would pay someone $300 or so, but $550 - $800 I rather see what my other options are before committing.
if u are getting someone to retro for u it can get pricey but if u do it urself it will be pretty cheap
Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM

I'm gathering info right now for a retro. I have talked to kzoosho on aim about this and I'm really loving the projectors output. Depending on how much info I will gather I'll see when I start.

Question: If I buy a 9004 HID kit they won't work with whatever projectors because of the different size correct? I'm 99% sure about this, but want to confirm.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
The Golden One

Most projectors are D2S. Some are D2R. If you get a 9004 kit, you will not be able to use it later.

Don't waste your money on a kit for non-projector headlights.

Dude...just buy my set. If you're going projector...just buy my set. I'm not in a hurry to sell...so get your money together and then buy mine. I'm hoping to have my car sold by Feb. so you have until then (if no one else buys the lights) to save up.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 AM

Can I buy your fog lights?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:56 AM
The Golden One

They are stock?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:00 AM

~!!ATTENTION!!~

So I think some may be confused.....The LightWurkz I was talking about is www.Lightwurkz.com. They do professional light modifications, and people people all around the world have had LightWurkz. He has had booth's at Sema, Hot Import Nights, Hot Import Daze, and other carshows. They also are partners with UMNITZA. The people who make all those kits and angel eyes, leds, and etc.

There is a kid, who works from his garage.....I guess he copied the name and put lightwErkz.net with an E.....I read his info he just wants to "get money to pay bills." Very nonproffesional thing to say, looks like its not done at a shop, that he just pries things open and sprays them with an airsol can.

LightWurkz, has everything painted at a shop, they do very high quality work, their H.I.D kits have warranty and the retro's they do are nowere near the price of what lightwErkz charges...

HERE IS A FEW PICTURES OF WHAT LIGHTWURKZ has done.....His work can be appreciated, thats why when I read wiz saying its crappy stuff I wanted to make things clear.....

Last edited by The Russian; 12-05-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:00 AM

Last edited by The Russian; 12-05-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Last edited by The Russian; 12-05-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 AM

Yes projectors and a retro fit is a better way to go but it isn't the only way. Of coarse when you spend hundreds of dollars on a set of lights they are going to work like suppose to. What do you expect? And how dare you say that this is going to be the same exact thing? Ricers put pointless car parts just so they can have it. As for their lights they most likely never adjusted the lights or bought some ebays ones that are crap. So don't even compare.
lol....dude, no amount of "aiming" is going to help HID in stock housings, I'm sorry, but:

doing something pointless + dangerous = Ricer.

Edit: looks like you made the right decision now, look forward to seeing progress as you make your own retro!

Last edited by Coolsaber57; 12-05-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:33 PM

They are stock?
So? I got everything for fog lights except the lights themselves.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:07 PM
The Golden One

So? I got everything for fog lights except the lights themselves.
I'm selling my car lol. They ain't goin nowhere. Just get a set on EBay...they can be had for under $100.

Quick Reply: Which HID do you guys recommend?