4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

electrical problem (hazard, rdefrost, and climate buttons)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 PM

electrical problem (hazard, rdefrost, and climate buttons)

So my hazard and rear defrost havent worked in about two years. I tried switching them with ones from the wrecker (about 5 times) no luck. The led in the rear defrost does work which is weird. The climate control sometimes flickers, or dims. Yesterday the light behind the fan control **** went out, but only that, once I tapped it a few times it came back on. I took everything apart and the wires and connections look fine. Anyone else have this happen to them? Or can help?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM

This sounds like it's probably three seperate problems and probably have three seperate causes. Need to fix one at a time, which is most important? So the defroster does not work or just the LED for it? Try to give more info on each problem it will help. They don't appear to be unfixable problems.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nopike
This sounds like it's probably three seperate problems and probably have three seperate causes. Need to fix one at a time, which is most important? So the defroster does not work or just the LED for it? Try to give more info on each problem it will help. They don't appear to be unfixable problems.
The function of of all the buttons work, just the lights dont, except on the rear defrost the round orange led works.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by vilmaxima
The function of of all the buttons work, just the lights dont, except on the rear defrost the round orange led works.
May need new bulb's they are replaceable or more likely a bad connection. Don't think I can help much more than that.