4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

window tints or Y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by Bird1411
lol u guys r shot, the poor ki just wants to know wat mod we think he should get, he doesnt need a grammar lesson, im pretty sure they cover that in his english class
It seems to me like they don't teach anything in English class anymore.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Bird1411
lol u guys r shot, the poor ki just wants to know wat mod we think he should get, he doesnt need a grammar lesson, im pretty sure they cover that in his english class
I was just explaining why it is "tint" not "tints". He is the one that wanted to argue about grammar.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by pmohr
It seems to me like they don't teach anything in English class anymore.

You forgot about the lack of a period at the end....
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM

god this forum is going downhill.... this is a forum, you dont have to speak or write perfect english (i didnt see that in the forum rules). if you dont want to contribute or help this guy with his question why post at all?

im from staten island and if you get 20% tint on your front windows, i will gurantee you that you will get pulled over. make the front windows 35% and the back 20%. it will look good.

i think you have a PBA card but keep in mind now they dont really accept PBA cards anymore. my friend got pulled over and they said "it doesnt matter, you cant have this dark tints." funny thing is he had limo tints up front and he changed them to 20% so he dont get pulled over but the next day he got pulled over. he never got pulled over when he had limo tint. lol

grammar police please excuse me if i did any mistakes.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Lawls at inadvertently making this a grammar thread.

I didn't want to start a war, it was just a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, I vote Y-pipe first, then tint. We are headed into winter and it won't get as hot if your car is out in the sun.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by z00york145
Error: Remove a and add an "s" after error
Wrong, he was referring to a single error that several people have been making (calling it "tints"). So there were no errors in his sentence (pun intended).

But back on topic, I would definitely go with the Y-pipe before the tint.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:11 PM

For the past 5 years that I have been drivin and owning a car the first thing I do is put my 5% tint all the way araund for the privacy and because it does get hot down here in Houston. I have never been pulled over for my tint. I guess it just depends on where you live if you get stoped a lot or not.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by sublimeskunk
i did limo tint all around... would rather have privacy and comfort than a y-pipe.. maximas aren't really meant for performance anyway.
What??!!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 PM

Old 10-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Tints? Grammer? Y-Pipe? enuf of this fawkeeng boolsheet...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Coolsaber57
Lawls at inadvertently making this a grammar thread.
when doesn't that happen here?
Originally Posted by Coolsaber57
Anyway, I vote Y-pipe first, then tint. We are headed into winter and it won't get as hot if your car is out in the sun.
like i said before, I'm not shooting for the "tint takes away heat" bandwagon, I simply like the look of it. Does anybody have a website for y-pipes? that warpseed site is fugly and i wouldn't even trust putting giving my money to it.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
No more Maximas...

Does anybody have a website for y-pipes?
The site of the respective manufacturers. Or eBay, of course.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

First, tint. Second, have fun w/ your gf in the back seat.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by dineth00i30
god this forum is going downhill.... this is a forum, you dont have to speak or write perfect english (i didnt see that in the forum rules). if you dont want to contribute or help this guy with his question why post at all?

im from staten island and if you get 20% tint on your front windows, i will gurantee you that you will get pulled over. make the front windows 35% and the back 20%. it will look good.

i think you have a PBA card but keep in mind now they dont really accept PBA cards anymore. my friend got pulled over and they said "it doesnt matter, you cant have this dark tints." funny thing is he had limo tints up front and he changed them to 20% so he dont get pulled over but the next day he got pulled over. he never got pulled over when he had limo tint. lol

grammar police please excuse me if i did any mistakes.
thanks for the actual response, I really do appreciate it. I have a little more then just a PBA card, almost half my family is active in the nassau county police department. I too myself have been to many of the open houses they have there. I had tints on my 96 (20's all around), gotten out of 3 tint tickets and 4 speeding tickets, the only time i've had to pay for a ticket was a parking ticket when I couldn't explain who I was.

I might take your advice and do 30's only because the whole procedure is a hassle and I hate having to do it. Do you have tints on your car now? If so--do you/have you gotten pulled over lately?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:14 PM

WOW if your windows are tinted on your car than you have tints. thats just how it is. would you actually bring that up and try to correct someone or give a grammer lesson in person or in front of a group of people? i thought not. if e-thugs could fly this place would be an airport. but its really getting out of hand.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i would go tints i just did mine i love it i went 20% on back window 35% on the rear doors and front 50%
Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 AM

thanks for the actual response, I really do appreciate it. I have a little more then just a PBA card, almost half my family is active in the nassau county police department. I too myself have been to many of the open houses they have there. I had tints on my 96 (20's all around), gotten out of 3 tint tickets and 4 speeding tickets, the only time i've had to pay for a ticket was a parking ticket when I couldn't explain who I was.

I might take your advice and do 30's only because the whole procedure is a hassle and I hate having to do it. Do you have tints on your car now? If so--do you/have you gotten pulled over lately?
yes my car is tinted right now. Actually I have changed my tints like 3 times since I had my car and that is only a year. The story goes like this, my car came with 15% when I bought it, two weeks later I got pulled over and took the front off. I was like that all thru winter. Then spring came I got 35%. It was too light and sometimes didn't even look like I had tint so when this summer heat wave came I decided to get 15% again bcus my car got soo hot bcus of the leather and all.. But it was such a pain I has to put my window down everytime I saw a cop car. So three weeks ago I went back and asked 35% but they accodently have given me 20% so now I'm getting ready to take it back get 35% again. So I guess after today it will be the fourth time I tint my car. I know I should have just stick with 35% the first time but what can I say I'm 18 and do a lot of dum stuff

BTW: like I said if you just put your window down half way cops kind of leave you alone and I have been very lucky not to get pulled ovr so I hope I dont in the future too
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

man just get your windows Tinted it adds extra comfort.........well to me at least i got anywhere between 12 & 7% on my sides and i think i got bout 30 or 25% on the back window

Last edited by drainhilljr; 10-08-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 PM

wow..i learned that half this forum doesn't know their grammar and that maximas are not designed for performance and power lol...i love it
Old 10-14-2008, 10:51 PM

Tint it!

I went limo tint, but I live in AZ where it gets 115 degrees. Tinting helps sooooooo much in the summer time, its the best mod....plus looks great!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Honestly the first thing I ever did was get a 20% tint.
I hate douche bags looking in and invading my personal car space.
I shouldn't have to stare back and give them a look.

First thing I've always done was dark tints.
Just sucks having to roll down my windows whenever the popo is around :X
*cough* radar detector *cough*
Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 PM

What would you like me to call it? "Dark glass!!!!"?

Obviously I am going to fix my axels first, my CV boot/axel is just about shot, getting repaired this weekend. But after that I'm "tinting the windows" not because it's "hot" where I live, because I think it makes the car look nicer. The y-pipe will simply have to come after when I have more money coming into my wallet so I can do the full exhaust.
5% ftmfw!

i just bought my car, about a month ago, mods done, tint, stereo, ks,
next up, springs, struts/ maybe CO's and wheels.
i am in my car alot, if you drive alot, go comfort first. a good running max will always be fun to drive no matter wat, but a nice looking max always feels good to be in. just my two cents
Old 10-16-2008, 03:13 PM

update: axels fixed, brakes changed.. didn't think i needed it that bad but then i saw them with the wheel off and almost had a heart attack..

it was a little set back on cash so i don't have the money to be buying parts like crazy..I did order an 8k conversion kit though because the fake hid bulbs were kinda annoying . My friends dad did a self tint on his 05 focus svt which honest to god i thought was professionally done.. I might buy the tint myself and have him do it for me.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by QNO_A32
WOW if your windows are tinted on your car than you have tints. thats just how it is. would you actually bring that up and try to correct someone or give a grammer lesson in person or in front of a group of people? i thought not. if e-thugs could fly this place would be an airport. but its really getting out of hand.

I wanted to let this go, but people just won't stop spreading BS.

Let's review:

A tint is both singular and plural. Ex: "I have to go buy some tint"

But in this case, you are "tinting" your car, meaning the act of putting tint on a car. Your car's windows don't become "tints" they become tinted.

Please kids, stay in school.

/Stupid grammar crap
Old 10-17-2008, 09:59 PM

ok so get a y pipe,
Old 10-18-2008, 05:24 AM

I have lifetime warr tint with 18% light remittence. It cost 180$. There was no talk of satelite radio interference.
For me tinting is a must, I have really sensitive eyes and I blaze all the time.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by j2b4osan
I have lifetime warr tint with 18% light remittence. It cost 180$. There was no talk of satelite radio interference.
For me tinting is a must, I have really sensitive eyes and I blaze all the time.
You must have bad glaucoma! Do you have a script for that?
Old 10-18-2008, 10:36 AM

looks tint, performance y-pipe.
See what you can get for a better price, but if they were both the same price, i would go with the y-pipe.
and why are you guys arguing about some spaling Gremar? LOL
anyways... lets not turn into a honda forum.... or is it already?