4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Raxle Axles

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Doc
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Raxle Axles

Guys, is there a web site that will not only show the product (front axles for a 98 Max) but also give pricing information? I went to the Raxle site, and they give no price information. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 AM

there is no pricing online you have to call marty. my pass side was 149.95 +24.85 shipping to NY. marty is cool he has no problem giving price quotes. the # is 1800-257-8192. he doenst charge you for the core unless you dont send him your old one after you change it he even gives you a return box.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:43 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Just give Marty a call, he is a real nice guy and will happily answer any of your questions.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Doc

Thank you guys. I will be replacing both front axles as my CV boots are shot, and it makes much more sense to do it the easy way. I appreciate your help.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Banned

Marty is the man. i'll never buy axles anywhere else.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Doc

Originally Posted by Torgus
Marty is the man. i'll never buy axles anywhere else.

Testimonies like this are good to hear. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM

he even gives you mapquest directions to the closest UPS dropoff, and a pocket knife! haha
Old 08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Banned

to add what i posted before every remanned axle i've bought from autozone etc. i've have problems with. they fail repeatedly. a lifetime warranty i nice but when you have to use it 3 times aka 3 times of ripping the axle out and driving there to get it replaced, finding the receipt, etc. it's rediculous.

go marty or go home.

oh and the pocket knife is a nice touch too as Camfantasy said. btw beautiful 4th gen. if i ever get another she will be CRIMSON BLAZE!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 PM

argh.. $150 a pop... yeeesh.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM

Same thing i said.^^^...escpecially when you need two plus someone to install.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Whatchyou say?

Install is easy ... Raxles for the WIN! Marty is a great guy and he'll take care of you. They may be a bit pricey, but you will never need to replace them.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM

He may be a great guy and all, and prob a member on here, but how do we know we will never need to replace them? All I heard is that they are brand new or he does not grind the re-mans or something.

I kinda just rather buy the crappy remans from Advanced for $75 a pop and use there limted lifetime warranty if they go again. (plus they prob won't go for at least a year I bet) It is simple anyway, just pop them off, and call a friend up, drive to the store and bam new axles. VS. Pop them off, Mail them, wait for them to come back and ur out of ur car for a week or more. Nothing against Raxle or anything, that is just any online store really... In all actuallity these axles shouldnt be going in the first place.

What gives nissan... You make solid motors but little things like this make me hurt. And its funny that a broken boot is what killed them both in the first place. Also, If you go 6+months with bad axles like I have. You will prob run into Wheel bearing problems down the road I bet. Can't wait for that. =[
Old 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM

well IMO, I look at it as: if you plan on keeping your max for a little while (installed turbo, supercharger, paint, etc.) you might as well get those raaxles. If you're unsure about how much more cash you're going to drop into your car as it gets older, why not live warranty to warranty on the other axles. For example, if you're unwilling to put a new tranny in if yours goes, then I don't think it's worth it IMO to purchase 'elite' parts..
Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Raxles offer a lifetime warranty, and yeah Marty is a great guy. They are doing something right as opposed to Autozone, I have never heard a report of one of their axles breaking (I am riding on one right now and it's done well for 2 years, but so has the other stocker).

Driver's side is $120 plus shipping and passenger's side is $150.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:08 PM

I think the raxles place is overatd by far.!!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:18 PM

Even if raxles is overrated it's our most reliable option; they use new joints.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Highly recommended!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:02 PM

yeah i am gonna get some pretty soon
Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by nismology
Even if raxles is overrated it's our most reliable option; they use new joints.

I actually heard they weren't new. I heard that he just Remans them better then anyone else that Advanced/autozone uses for a supplier. It even says it on his site that he does not "shave" them or something and uses a better process of Remaining them. Hence the higher price. I think a brand new axle from Nissan is well over a few hundred. Like Mint new like not even touched in a single car.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by S1cTech
I actually heard they weren't new. I heard that he just Remans them better then anyone else that Advanced/autozone uses for a supplier. It even says it on his site that he does not "shave" them or something and uses a better process of Remaining them. Hence the higher price. I think a brand new axle from Nissan is well over a few hundred. Like Mint new like not even touched in a single car.
Unless Marty is blatantly lying on the front page of the web site, they use new joints.

Raxles® has been redefining quality in the CV Axle industry since January 1st 1992 and is the first to exclusively use new CV Joints on every CV Axle sold.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Whatchyou say?

You get what you pay for! Think about that for a moment ....

Yea, Raxles FTW!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Project Ruby......

You definitely get what you pay for. About 2 years ago I replaced my axles with autozone BS. First off the guys at autozone gave me a LSD axle TWICE!!!!!! The 3rd time I went in I was quite irritated and stated that it doesn't slide in all the way I need another axle. I watched what the guy was entering in on the screen, got to the part about LSD/Non LSD and automatically selected LSD. I said hey how the hell do you know if my car has a LSD or not? I said it doesn't and it's going to be a totally different axle!

After I finally had that taken care of and had the correct axle I still had a tremendous vibration it was insane how much the car vibrated. Well it turned out the axle shafts couldn't take the drop I had. I finally was fed-up and was ready to shell out the dollars.

Fast shipping, these things are BEEFY and I noticed the driver side axle had an extra little piece that wrapped around the seal to insure a nice tight solid fit. You open the box and you can just see the quality.

I recommend anybody to hold an autozone axle in their hand and then compare a Raxle side by side if you can't tell the difference in quality then you need your eyes checked. My vibration was gone immediately and I haven't had a problem since the install. I am thankful for Raxle.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Snypa
Have you owned a set to make that judgement?
Other then buying new OEM axles from the dealer Raxles are the way to go. Ive tried the cheap autozone crap and had issues with them ( i also had insane vibration), as well as premature life.
My raxles have been holding up fine to the 300+hp thats being applied to them so Id say they are far from over rated.

Last edited by Flava_24/7; 09-13-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:35 AM

raxles hands down, pay to play
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Snypa
On what could you possibly be basing this?

Do you own a set?
Do your friends own a set?
Have you even talked to Marty?

Or are you just sitting there thinking that they're way expensive compared to autozone BS and there's no way the quality and attitude could be that good?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:32 PM

well as I am a fan of raxles I was disappointed when I started to hear a horrible clicking from my pass side raxle. this just started the other day so I havent gone under the car to inspect everything but I know what a bad axle sounds like so I may be putting his warrantee to the test sometime in the next few weeks Ill post about results. (and it hasnt even been a year yet)
Old 09-13-2008, 05:22 PM
SLOW

Raxles are top quality by all accounts but I must say, that I've had Autozone axles in all 3 of my maximas, like 9 axles total between 3 cars including multiple swaps from open diff to LSD and back again (necessitating different axles) , and never had to replace a single one because of a problem with the axle that wasn't due to my own stupidity (ruined the axle nut threads on one with a hammer, cut CV boot on one).
Old 09-13-2008, 08:12 PM
SHIFT_up

Superior quality axles, the shop i installed mine there were 5 mechanics total. 4 of them walked over to look at the axles and the 5th was the one installing them calling everyone over... they showed me one they mainly use, **** it looked like the ones i was taking out dirty, rusty, seems as if cv boot will rip before installed. Raxles is a very good investment!!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM

I agree that Marty is a pleasure to do business with. I just got both of my axles in the mail today. My question is about the application. I have a 99 5 spd. and on the box it says 99 auto. I'm assuming they are interchangeable only b/c Marty did not ask if I was auto over the phone. He only asked about the diff and ABS. Will these work for me?

Last edited by maximabebe; 02-18-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:36 PM

autopart.com $130 total for two NEW axles including $20 shipping, no core charge

raxles $320 for 2 axles including $50 shipping, no core but must ship back old axles... Curious about that, if you are buying new ones, why do they make you ship your old ones back?

darn straight they better be good, at 250% more, especially since I have two cars to do at $260 vs $640 cost.

I doubt stock Maxima drivers will ever notice the difference between raxles, Ebay or autopart.com once they are on the car.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by trooplewis
I doubt stock Maxima drivers will ever notice the difference between raxles, Ebay or autopart.com once they are on the car.
Did you even bother to read the thread?

anyways... testimonies dont lie. I'm going to get new axles from raxles as a birthday gift to maxi when she turns 100k this april
Old 02-17-2009, 06:07 PM

i have them on my maxima and like the others said i wont buy axles from anywhere else they are top notch quality made.. and ya marty is the man.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA

Yes, I read the whole thread. Did you read the thread about the guy whose raxle blew a CV joint that they replaced under warranty?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Project Ruby......

Yes, I read the whole thread. Did you read the thread about the guy whose raxle blew a CV joint that they replaced under warranty?
I'm confused by this post what's the point of it? If the raxle's joint blew and was replaced under warranty isn't that just another +1 for them?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ihavea2kmaxima
Yes, I read the whole thread.
Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
After I finally had that taken care of and had the correct axle I still had a tremendous vibration it was insane how much the car vibrated.
Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Ive tried the cheap autozone crap and had issues with them ( i also had insane vibration), as well as premature life.
My raxles have been holding up fine to the 300+hp thats being applied to them so Id say they are far from over rated.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 AM

autopart.com $130 total for two NEW axles including $20 shipping, no core charge
Are you sure these are new? All the axles I saw on autopart.com for a 97 were reman. And clicking the "Check price" button showed there's a $75 core deposit.

raxles $320 for 2 axles including $50 shipping, no core but must ship back old axles... Curious about that, if you are buying new ones, why do they make you ship your old ones back?
The CV joints are new, the axle shafts are reman. He told me I could knock the old CV joints off before I shipped them back, if I wanted to.

You might be right. Many people say they had no problems with Autozone axles. Other people say they had to return them several times to get the right part, or that they failed six months later. Also I think the key is "once they are on the car." If you wind up with the wrong part, getting it on the car is not so easy.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 AM

Nevermind, I just got a confirmation from Marty that the driver's side needs to be exchanged.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 AM

So I guess you can get wrong parts no matter where you go or how much you pay...

BTW, I am not trying to be disrespectful of raxles.com. I have gotten quick response from them via email and their product is very highly spoken of, obviously. I just can't afford them for two cars, and since neither car is modded for performance, OE type axles should work just fine for my applications.

Last edited by trooplewis; 02-18-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 AM

So I guess you can get wrong parts no matter where you go or how much you pay...
Absolutely, especially if you don't specify the correct facts about your car. Manual or auto, open diff or VLSD, ABS or non-ABS. Then ask if there's anything else the guy on the other end needs to know to be sure you're getting the right axles.

OE type axles should work just fine for my applications.
Yes, that's right, but whether parts store axles are "OE type" is the crucial question.

Who knows how many hundreds or thousands of people replace axles on a Maxima using some other supplier than Raxles, compared to the minority who do use Raxles. So odds are you'll be just fine.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:00 PM

I got mine from Advance Auto Parts for about $70 or so with no core change and lifetime warranty. If I had the money to spend I would of went with them, but seeing how I had 2 gift cards to the store why not?

Quick Reply: Raxle Axles