4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Victory pipes on the max!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 AM

You got to be kidding.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM

Oh god, I was really hoping "victory pipes" didn't mean "boso pipes"

I may be in the minority but I actually do like the rest of the car for the most part. Low-offset 962s and stretched rubber always looks aggressive. I am glad you at least didn't turn the pipes up.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
I am glad you at least didn't turn the pipes up.
Don't give him any more ideas.....
Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Boosted Panda

Oh god, I was really hoping "victory pipes" didn't mean "boso pipes"

I may be in the minority but I actually do like the rest of the car for the most part. Low-offset 962s and stretched rubber always looks aggressive. I am glad you at least didn't turn the pipes up.
I dont see how stretched tires make an agreessive look. Its the stance that does it.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Don't give him any more ideas.....

LOLz
Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Old 08-07-2008, 11:36 AM

I won't comment on the taste or maturity of this mod.

But I will say that it is pretty dangerous. If my wife or I happened to accidentally walk into your pipes at the supermarket parking lot for example, was injured, well I would have to f**k your car up pretty badly. Then I'd prob do the same to you. You should not make your car dangerous while parked. Just my $0.03
Old 08-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by made in china

But I will say that it is pretty dangerous. If my wife or I happened to accidentally walk into your pipes at the supermarket parking lot for example, was injured, well I would have to f**k your car up pretty badly. Then I'd prob do the same to you. You should not make your car dangerous while parked. Just my $0.03
Best reason why not to do ghey mods evar

Your wife may be absent minded, but if you're stupid enough to walk 2" from behind a car without paying attention to the POLISHED PIPES right in front of you you deserve whatever you get.

Cardinal rule, man. Do not f*ck with another man's car.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
I dont see how stretched tires make an agreessive look. Its the stance that does it.
I really can't put it into words, those wheels with stretched rubber just looks aggressive. Of course, I'd put a meatier tire on there myself but it ain't my car
Old 08-07-2008, 11:47 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Did you actually look at the pictures? What else could you do to screw it up?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by mtrai760
Did you actually look at the pictures? What else could you do to screw it up?
LOL. 10 points to you sir!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:22 PM

Best reason why not to do ghey mods evar

Your wife may be absent minded, but if you're stupid enough to walk 2" from behind a car without paying attention to the POLISHED PIPES right in front of you you deserve whatever you get.

Cardinal rule, man. Do not f*ck with another man's car.
Common sense: since when have you ever seen parts protuding from most any vehicle in such an odd location? Guaranteed that those pipe will snag someone. Just b/c they are shiny does NOT mean people will pay attention to them. FYI most people in parking lots not only walk within an inch of your car, they even push carts within an inch of your car. And on top of that, if someone is walking behind cars parked in a row as a vehicle passes them, they will be walking as close to the back of the car as possible. Add to that someone is probably dealing with their kids, cell call, large package etc. and yeah OK dude whatever you say people don't walk close to a car. And those pipes are WAY more than 2" from beyond his bumper.

Those pipes are sharp and low and in a totally unexpected place.
BTW MZ, I think what you said is stupid to think "another man's" car is off-limits. You can bet it'd be game on if my "absent minded" wife ran into those pipes while carrying my boy.

Last edited by made in china; 08-07-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor

^ rediculous attemp to justify a rediculous comment.

you don't like it... just say so. don't try to blame it on safety. it just looks bad.

walk within an inch of my car and hit something... you're not gonna make it to your lug wrench. respect people's property even if you don't respect their taste.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Old 08-07-2008, 04:17 PM

That looks absolutely hideous!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM

honestly I hate posting to say i dont like something someone did but that does look like it could cause a problem here in NY where no one pays attention and everyone tailgates to the max (no pun intended). and its kinda crazy to have them staggered like that. I would have put them on an angle out and up with the shorter pipe on the inside but thats also if I had an old hot rod and not a maxima. but I guess you could be proud you did it yourself. I guess.........
Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM

Burnt legs coming up.
To each their own.I wud Never................!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:51 PM

imo it would look better if you cut them squared and not stick out so much vs having them beveled. but if you honestly think that looks good then by all means........ most maxima owners(note the most) want a sleek good looking ride that doesnt stand out much. but like i said before if you like it by all means its your car
Old 08-07-2008, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
^ walk within an inch of my car and hit something... you're not gonna make it to your lug wrench. respect people's property even if you don't respect their taste.
wow, big words there. You must not like leaving your car in the parking lot. People walk by it within an inch, even sit on it when you are not looking. I bet you beat up a lot of people that "walk within an inch and hit something" yah?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor

I bet you beat up a lot of people that "walk within an inch and hit something" yah?
i've beat up as many ppl over my car as the number of people who have hit it with a lug wrench. 0, but theres a first time for everything. don't try and make me sound like the a** here.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
i've beat up as many ppl over my car as the number of people who have hit it with a lug wrench. 0, but theres a first time for everything. don't try and make me sound like the a** here.
And I have never vandalized a car ever before in my life. And hopefully I never rack my shins or ankles on some idiot's bozo pipes, so hopefully I'll never feel the urge to.
I think under the circumstances what I say is a bit harsh, but in the real world I would bet you'd either do the same thing or something similar. But of course you would not, because you cherish a car more than anything. But if you want to throw your cape on and call me out as the a**, go Captain save 'em.

On a real, I am not justifying my harsh comments by saying his bozo pipes are a public safety hazard. I seriously think that he has modified his car in such a way that it poses a threat to people walking by. Seriously, take a look at the pic and argue me that without the tough guy "don't be stupid and walk too close" comments. Why would you want to modify your car in such a way that it poses a hazard to the general public while parked?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 PM

i have whooped *** over my car. people who know me know that i let relaity slip by me years ago.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor

cutting out all the "you would do this, i would do that" talk: how can you possibly blame someone else for your actions? its no one else's responsibility to compensate for your walking habits. if you walked to close to someones car and hit your hip on the side mirror what would you do (i've done it on my own car and it hurts like a b***h)?

now because you weren't paying attention you want to break something? the car didn't run into you, you ran into the car. plain and simple.

now back on to the other comments: if somebody walks into/sits on/etc. my car we are going to have words at the very least. i do cherish cars more than your average joe but more importantly its about respect. if you can't carry yourself properly in publc stay home. i put too much time, sweat, and money into my cars for someone to be careless.

now back to reality: truth is you just thought it was a weak mod and you let that influence your response. its cool.... happens to everyone, but "i'd f**k that car up for my own carelessness" is much more out of line than "i'd f**k you up for your carelessness". no threat intended, not even apromise, just my mindset.