4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Windows, locks and 1/2 of the interior lights arent working

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:59 PM

Windows, locks and 1/2 of the interior lights arent working

I found a similiar thread but couldnt benefit from it. All windows but my drivers side do not work which is a pain cuz one is down and I have to cover it every night. Also, the locks dont work nor do the passengers side light in the door and visor light. My map and other big light work. This also results in my keyless entry not working.

I checked all the fuses and seemed to be ok? I even checked the fuses that are next to the battery with my ohms meter and all seemed to be working. We even tried to get the passengers side window up with a battery but didnt work. Is something burned out or possibly a relay or any other kind of part? I need this fixed as soon as I can know what to do.

it's a 95 btw
Old 06-26-2008, 03:01 PM

you have a dead BCM. I have a 96 BCM for sale but dont know if they are the same. Did any electrical work recently? alt blew?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2da mizzax
you have a dead BCM. I have a 96 BCM for sale but dont know if they are the same. Did any electrical work recently? alt blew?
I've been trying to replace my radio then this happened. Go ahead laugh, I am an audio noob but everything was going well until this happened. I tried to be careful too and just use the harness and everything I needed to use.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 PM

BCM is the black box right below the radio. Make sure you didnt accidentally unplug one of the harnesses. or pinch a wire or 2. it may not be broken. pull it all out and check carefully. unless you shorted something and didnt mention it.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

BCM

Hi I have the same problem that you did with the windows and my drivers side window does work like yours did... was it the BCM???

Thank you.. this is the first Thread I found that was exactly what Im dealing with.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:46 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by corkumg
Hi I have the same problem that you did with the windows and my drivers side window does work like yours did... was it the BCM???

Thank you.. this is the first Thread I found that was exactly what Im dealing with.
Did you search his posts for an answer?

Originally Posted by wuzzy
BUMP

replaced a working BCM and working master switch and still nothing! I am still reading some recent posts but if anyone has nething to add plz do
Are we to assume that you've already checked the connections at the BCM and driver's side control unit?

Have you done the IVMS diagnostics?

Did you do anything, have anything done, or did anything happen to the car prior to this problem occurring?
Old 07-17-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by corkumg

If you look right above the post you made..............I answered that.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:36 PM

BCM !
Old 07-17-2009, 11:59 PM

BCM stands for ?

What all does it control ?
I need to know this for future reference guys.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by defiance
BCM stands for ?

What all does it control ?
I need to know this for future reference guys.
Did you search? This has been covered quite a few times.

BCM == Body Control Module.

It plays a part in security, wipers, lights, keyless, locks, windows, climate control, etc.

If you want to know exactly what it does, look in the FSM. It's all in detail there.

Last edited by pmohr; 07-18-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:23 PM

Just saw my thread got bumped. I replaced it with a working BCM. That was not the problem. Still doesnt work. Should I disconnect the battery for a few minutes?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:43 AM

The simplest circuit is the vanity light (visor light) if we fix that it may fix the rest of your problems. The vanity light has nothing to do with the BCM or any other control units. Is the vanity light out on both sides or just the passenger side? If it's out on just one side it could be just a burnt bulb. If both vanity lights are out then your fuse #40 (7.5 Amp) is blown. The fuse is located under the dash in the very upper right hand corner of the fuse box IIRC. Replace it with a new fuse. This fuse is often missed. If the driver side vanity light works fuse #40 is OK and you do not need to check it

Is it possible that the window lock switch on the drivers side door is depressed. That would prevent all except the drivers side window from working. I'm not sure 95's have the feature???

If you want to try and clear the BCM the FSM instructs turn the ignition to “OFF” position and remove 7.5A fuse (No. 56 ,
located in the fuse and fusible link box).

If that does not take care of the problems are there any other items that are not working? Such as clock, radio, sunroof, power seats, antenna? Glove box lamp?
This should not be a very difficult problem. If you were trying to replace your radio when this happened you could have damaged something like the BCM but more likely you just blew a fuse. Did you cut any wires when you were installing the radio? If so which ones?

Last edited by Nopike; 08-03-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Alarm Security issue

U got multiple issues on this car. The driver side window, have u used a meter to check the motor and see if the motor is good with some resistance? Lights problem is either the bulb is burnt out or the fuse. Since u said it is not the fuse, it could also be the wiring which controls all these failed to route electricity to the relays or wiring harness. U may neef to trace the wire with a good schematic for these different systems.
Originally Posted by wuzzy
I found a similiar thread but couldnt benefit from it. All windows but my drivers side do not work which is a pain cuz one is down and I have to cover it every night. Also, the locks dont work nor do the passengers side light in the door and visor light. My map and other big light work. This also results in my keyless entry not working.

I checked all the fuses and seemed to be ok? I even checked the fuses that are next to the battery with my ohms meter and all seemed to be working. We even tried to get the passengers side window up with a battery but didnt work. Is something burned out or possibly a relay or any other kind of part? I need this fixed as soon as I can know what to do.

it's a 95 btw
Old 06-04-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by llchen888
U got multiple issues on this car. The driver side window, have u used a meter to check the motor and see if the motor is good with some resistance? Lights problem is either the bulb is burnt out or the fuse. Since u said it is not the fuse, it could also be the wiring which controls all these failed to route electricity to the relays or wiring harness. U may neef to trace the wire with a good schematic for these different systems.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:31 PM
JvG

Llichen88, the blue bar on the top of a reply indicates when it was posted. In this case, August 3, 2009.