4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need some help/question on these error codes I have

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:45 PM

Need some help/question on these error codes I have

Hey everyone, I have a 98 Maxima auto GLE, here is the problem, I went for my inspection couple months ago to a place my uncle goes to and my car didn't pass inspection and it had some problems, everything is "ok" now with the inspection, it passed but still got these problems. My uncle didn't remember what the mechanic told him, just something about some sensor and that I should sell the car. Anyway I hooked up a obdii scanner to it few weeks ago and got these error codes:
P0325 Knock Sensor 1 circuit malfunction bank 1 or 1 sensor
P0450 EVAP Emission control system pressure sensor fault
P1446 Not sure, think it's EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Closed

Also for the inspection/maintainence monitors, these came up:
Evaporative system monitor
Misfire monitor
Comprehensive components monitor
Catalyst monitor
Oxygen senor monitor
Oxygen senor heater monitor
Exhaust Gas recirculation

I would appreciate very much if someone or a couple of you could please tell me what you estimate it will cost to fix these problems and is the car worth keeping? This is my first car by the way got it last year, I don't know much about cars but have been reading up some stuff tp learn a little. Thanks
Old 10-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Hammy

They all seem exhaust related, I'm going to go ahead guess O2 sensors need changed.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:01 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by rrama0257
Hey everyone, I have a 98 Maxima auto GLE, here is the problem, I went for my inspection couple months ago to a place my uncle goes to and my car didn't pass inspection and it had some problems, everything is "ok" now with the inspection, it passed but still got these problems. My uncle didn't remember what the mechanic told him, just something about some sensor and that I should sell the car. Anyway I hooked up a obdii scanner to it few weeks ago and got these error codes:
P0325 Knock Sensor 1 circuit malfunction bank 1 or 1 sensor
P0450 EVAP Emission control system pressure sensor fault
P1446 Not sure, think it's EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Closed

Also for the inspection/maintainence monitors, these came up:
Evaporative system monitor
Misfire monitor
Comprehensive components monitor
Catalyst monitor
Oxygen senor monitor
Oxygen senor heater monitor
Exhaust Gas recirculation

I would appreciate very much if someone or a couple of you could please tell me what you estimate it will cost to fix these problems and is the car worth keeping? This is my first car by the way got it last year, I don't know much about cars but have been reading up some stuff tp learn a little. Thanks
All of those monitors listed as not ready?

Replace the ECVCV, clear codes, see if they come back. Knock sensor is often triggered by emissions codes, and the EVAP CVCV should explain the general EVAP pressure code.

Originally Posted by Ham1987
They all seem exhaust related, I'm going to go ahead guess O2 sensors need changed.
EGR, EVAP, and Misfire monitors have nothing to do with Oxygen sensors. EVAP and Misfire have nothing to do with exhaust, either.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:49 PM

All those monitors are ready it's just that they came up and I believe the scanner is telling me that those things are not working correctly.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by rrama0257
All those monitors are ready it's just that they came up and I believe the scanner is telling me that those things are not working correctly.
If they're listed as ready, then those systems are fine.