4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 02:02 PM

**WANT A SECURITY SYSTEM**

CHECK THIS SITE OUT

Top notch car security at Avital!!
Avital security is like...top notch stuff!! I've heard from friends who have it on every car in their family!!
This company is so good, they guarentee it and if your car get's stolen...you get some cash back! Just take a look at the site! It has so many options! I've been putting it off b/c of cash but I'm not getting ANYTHING else until I get this!
It's a complicated system and I only know of two shops which will install this system b/c of it's difficulty!
one of them is...
PREMIUM ELEC. INC.
7823-K PARSTON DRIVE
FORESTVILLE, MD 20747

Now, there's one in Northern Md but I don't have the name of that shop here with me...
It's worth CHECKIN OUT!!
So no more rides'll get beat up!!
Old 09-27-2001, 03:36 PM

Re: My last car was stolen.

Originally posted by BSwithTF
The insurance money made it possible to buy my max and mod the hell out of it. A blessing in disguise I guess. (I went from a '93 Taurus to a '96 Maxima SE) I had to wait 30 days after I reported it to give it a chance to turn up. Insurance payed for a rental car during that 30 days though. Hope everything turns out for you.
So what did your insurance pay for? Was your 93 Taurus paid off? My damn insurance adjuster isn't tryin to get in touch with me and its ****ing me off. My Max is being financed and still needs another $13500 to pay off and its blue book value is about $9,500. Are they going to pay off the car, or just give me the blue book value and leave it up to me with what to do with the money, or will they do both, pay it off and give the blue book value?
Old 09-27-2001, 04:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
I never got that chance to getting an aftermarket alarm because I never thought it would actually happen to me, but I guess I learned the hard way. The bad thing now is that I can't find receipts for most of my mods because half of them were from eBay and from transactions over the org. I got the boxes to some items, like my springs and struts, indiglos, and exhaust, but that's about it.
i can also say that i didnt really look into any anti theft devices untill it was stolen.now i get everything i can to prevent it from happening again.as far as the reciepts i also didnt have mine.luckily most of the parts were from stillen and they keep records of transactions so i had them fax me copys of the items i purchased.maybe you can some how do the same from ebay.do some research which im sure you're doing. good luck..
Old 10-01-2001, 06:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Originally posted by Shadow
Well, I don't have the original receipt, but I could send you an invoice with my company name on it. I do sell those springs. Let me know. Email me at sales@ap-signworks.com

Hello again, I've emailed you before but I'm not sure if you have received it and your private message box seems to be full so I'm asking you here on this post, if its possible, can you send me some sort of invoice of the Intrax Springs I purchased from you. I believe I will be mailing out my insurance claim info tomorrow and they need copies of the receipts. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.

-Ben Cosca (BenBlanco218)benblanco615@aol.com
Old 10-01-2001, 07:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Check your mail.

Hello again, I've emailed you before but I'm not sure if you have received it and your private message box seems to be full so I'm asking you here on this post, if its possible, can you send me some sort of invoice of the Intrax Springs I purchased from you. I believe I will be mailing out my insurance claim info tomorrow and they need copies of the receipts. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.

-Ben Cosca (BenBlanco218)benblanco615@aol.com
Old 10-01-2001, 07:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Originally posted by Shadow
Check your mail.

Great! Thank you very very much! I now have to send it in with the other receipts and wait 30 days to see if the car still shows up, if not, its on to looking for a 5spd. Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2001, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by 97GreenMax
That sucks man. Good luck with insurnace.
Insurance cover for all mods?
Old 10-01-2001, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by 97GreenMax
That sucks man. Good luck with insurnace.
insurance covers all mods?
Old 10-01-2001, 07:24 PM

Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Happened around noon today while I was in class. I left my car around 11:55 to make my 12:00 class and I came out around 1:15 and it was gone. The driver side window was shattered and was intact by the tint and looked as if it was layed down in front of where it was parked. I reported it to the campus police and they gave me a case number to give to my insurance. It had to of happened in less than 10 minutes. I left the car at 11:55 and a lady who parked in the space next to me said it was gone when she parked her car around 12:20. I'm so frustrated, I put so much work and money into that car. I did all the tuneups, lowering, everything. Now, I am just waiting for my insurance to give me some claim info. I wonder how much money I will get back?
very sorry to hear the news. hope u regain everything and more thru insurance. GOD DAMN PUNKS!!! RUN THEM OVER!
Old 10-01-2001, 11:04 PM

sorry to hear man, hope it all works out in the end, either gettin your car back, or gettin a good amount from insurance.

yeah i never really thought about someone stealing my car, but this one kid i know, his brother is in a gang, and used to jack cars all the time, he was tellin me he could open my car from twenty feet away and i was like ummm yea sure. so he gets this little scanner thing which goes through all the frequencies that car alarms work on and in less then a minute my locks open up, i was amazed.... good thing i'm on his good side
Old 10-01-2001, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by IIOO7II
sorry to hear man, hope it all works out in the end, either gettin your car back, or gettin a good amount from insurance.

yeah i never really thought about someone stealing my car, but this one kid i know, his brother is in a gang, and used to jack cars all the time, he was tellin me he could open my car from twenty feet away and i was like ummm yea sure. so he gets this little scanner thing which goes through all the frequencies that car alarms work on and in less then a minute my locks open up, i was amazed.... good thing i'm on his good side
Hey thanks. I hear of that little scanner thing, but the one I've seen was the one that picks up the frequency when someone uses their remote to arm the car or lock the doors and saves it to be used in reverse. It also works on garage door openers and other remotes. It basically is an interceptor of some sort. All I can say is when i get my new car or my car back, I will be investing into some high quality alarm and also pulling out the fuel pump fuse when I think its appropriate. I'd love to see the theives faces when they think they knew what they were doing and it just dies out when it starts up.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:12 PM

hehehe yeah especially if they sit there for a second to try in figure it out, just as your walking to your car to give em a good ol fashion a$$ whoopin
Old 10-01-2001, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by IIOO7II
hehehe yeah especially if they sit there for a second to try in figure it out, just as your walking to your car to give em a good ol fashion a$$ whoopin
hahaha, yea, I sometimes imagine that, but then I also would be mad if they DID figure it out, like put another fuse in it from like say my seat heaters or somethin.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:23 PM
Former Sponsor

basically almost any car can be stolen,. the advantage of having a club or a security system is that it takes longer to do it. You still might get your car stolen, but if there was another car next to yours without a security system, chances are they would steal that one first. Also in the NYC East coast area, Maximas are the No.3 most stolen car so it is just another hazard to face owning a Max in that area.

and yup, pros and even amateurs can steal a car in less than 60 seconds easy.
I'm investing in a $400 Clifford system that prevents the encoders from being used effectively (I SURE HOPE SO) and other things like the lcub just to make my car that extra bit harder to steal.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by s1rch

does your key have a chip in it ?
if not, how does your factory ignition cutoff work ?
4th gens don't have key immobilizer system. I think that started with the 5th gens.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by pianoman41

4th gens don't have key immobilizer system. I think that started with the 5th gens.
Yea, I realized that when the car got stolen. I got it mixed up with something else, I thought there was a immobilizer just because I couldn't unarm the factory alarm after it was tripped. I tried to start it with the key and it still didn't disarm it, and the only way was to either hit the unlock on the remote or unlock the door with the key. I thought that since I couldn't start the car with the master key even after it was tripped that I had a immoblizer system. I now realize I was wrong.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:16 AM

wrong

my '99 se-l, has a chip in the key.

Old 10-03-2001, 12:28 PM

I got news, my car was found in Delaware at a shopping mall parking lot. I still have to get back to my insurance agent to find out the details on towing it back to Maryland, he already gave the word that I have the choice on keeping it and taking the money to repair it, or take full blue book value for it. Since the day it was stolen, I got my hopes up on getting a 5spd Max. Anyway, I still have to wait for them to tow it to see the damage that was done and what was taken. I'll keep you guys posted if you guys are still interested, seems like this topic has been beaten to death already, but forgive me, just a little excited on hearing some news about my car.
Old 10-03-2001, 05:13 PM

I got news, my car was found in Delaware at a shopping mall parking lot. I still have to get back to my insurance agent to find out the details on towing it back to Maryland, he already gave the word that I have the choice on keeping it and taking the money to repair it, or take full blue book value for it. Since the day it was stolen, I got my hopes up on getting a 5spd Max. Anyway, I still have to wait for them to tow it to see the damage that was done and what was taken. I'll keep you guys posted if you guys are still interested, seems like this topic has been beaten to death already, but forgive me, just a little excited on hearing some news about my car.
Glad to hear you'll finally have some resolve. Hope it works out either way for you.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:03 PM
Administrator

started in 99
Old 10-07-2001, 08:13 PM

Got my first look at my car...

Earlier today, I went to the repair shop where the tow truck dropped it off and I got a chance to look at it's condition. They initially broke the driver window, took my tv and playstation, my front driverside wheel and put on the donut (or maybe the tow truck man did), literally ripped off the front right Bose speaker grill, but left the speaker (maybe had too much trouble removing it), ripped out the ignition, scratched up my silver painted dash, and I don't know why, but they they took my trunk carpet, cd's, and school books. Well, after looking at all that, and thinkin they were going to take more than that, I had a feeling that I'll take the car if I had to, but if insurance would give me moey for the whole car, mods and all, I'd take the money and get another car. I'm kind of worried about how bad they driven my car, I know they at least put on another 300 miles, but they could've damaged all kinds of mechanical parts that I probably wouldn't have problems with until later when all the claims have been settled. I don't know, at least if they do give me the money for the car, I can think of it as selling it with the mods still in it, or as a customized Max. I'll post again tomorrow with the news from the insurance.
Old 10-07-2001, 08:50 PM

y they took ur books? i think they like ur music , thats why cds are gone
Old 10-07-2001, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
What's funny is, my Bose unit wasn't touched, maybe because my cd player was already broken, lol. They probably tried to pop in one of my cd's for their little getaway soundtrack. I wonder if their reading my Music and Geography books? Oh yea, I also found a pair of latex gloves on the floor, makes me think if they were intended to be left there.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:10 PM

Hey man sorry to hear what happened to you...In this day and age, you need to have atleast an aftermarket security system in your car...factory systems don't do much. I purchased my 98 Maxima last year from an insurance auction for $6000...it was a stolen recovery. My maxima they stole the complete dashboard, airbags, radio, and center console...picture inside a maxima without any dash, just looking straight at the firewall with the steering wheel in front you...thats what it looked like inside...It looked like they broke in the drivers window, opened the door and punched out the ignition....the car started right up. Had a few fuses missing so the car couldnt start when i bought it..but when i put the fuses that were missing back, put a mini screwdriver in the ignition, and the car started right up! So you see even with the factory alarm, they can still steal your car if they really wanted to. I'm not saying that aftermarket alarms will stop a thief, but it will sure slow them down. After I repaired and hooked up my max, i parked it at the local mall, when i got outside I seen pry marks by my drivers window...It's my belief that the aftermarket alarm ( VIPER ) was set off when they hit the glass, and stopped them from getting further in! I haven't taken my car to the mall since, I've purchased a little car for $500 to go to high risk places like that!! Good luck in your efforts! It will all work out for you!!
Old 10-07-2001, 10:10 PM

BEN: man im really sorry to hear that. I would die if my car was gone when i came back to it. I dont think id ever be the same. I think im gonna go and invest in a steering column lock or the auto-lock. Im glad you atleast got the car back!

regards,
Anthony
Old 10-08-2001, 06:04 AM

stolen maxima

I've noticed that most of these robberies happen on college campus parking lots.

My suggestion is to park in a well crowded area, tighten up your car's security(upgrade alarm, get some anti-theft products, wheel locks,etc)

sorry dude. hope your insurance comes through.
Old 10-08-2001, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
Ben, r they gonna try and repair your car? THey prob stole your books cause they go to your skool and can sell them back for $$$...you should get an estimate on the damages mechanically and cosmetically...hope everything works out, damn PG county.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by playas33
THey prob stole your books cause they go to your skool and can sell them back for $$$...
If he goes to college I would say that was exactly why. Hmm, does your school track books any? If so contact the bookstore or library to find out if they were turned in or if they get turned in if they can get a name. Worth a shot.

SuDZ
Old 10-08-2001, 08:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I didn't read the whole thread, but I just wanted to pass along this warning.

Don't leave you're sunroof vent open (where just the rear pops up about an inch or two)
My friends were messing around and unlocked my car with just a stick. They just got a long stick and pushed the door lock open, my alarm went off, but that could have been easily stopped if they were theives.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:27 AM

Re: stolen maxima

Originally posted by itsgt
I've noticed that most of these robberies happen on college campus parking lots.

My suggestion is to park in a well crowded area, tighten up your car's security(upgrade alarm, get some anti-theft products, wheel locks,etc)

sorry dude. hope your insurance comes through.
Thanks for the tips. I did park in the parking space in the 4th closest space almost next to the handicap spaces, it was preety much more crowded than the rest of the lot since its closer to the school, but I don't think that would stop theives that much since it was during class.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by playas33

Ben, r they gonna try and repair your car? THey prob stole your books cause they go to your skool and can sell them back for $$$...you should get an estimate on the damages mechanically and cosmetically...hope everything works out, damn PG county.
For some reason my insurance is slow with the process, I think they're just now taking a look at the damages and are suppose to get back to me on the info. Yea, I guess they can sell my books, but they took pointless items that I wouldn't think they would be useful, e.g. my girl's lipstick, my index cards with one of my class assignments on them. I'll be sure to post again with the info from the insurance.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ

If he goes to college I would say that was exactly why. Hmm, does your school track books any? If so contact the bookstore or library to find out if they were turned in or if they get turned in if they can get a name. Worth a shot.

SuDZ
That's a good idea, the school book store does ask for school id aka social security when yo sell books. I could try to check that out, but then again they couldve sold it any college bookstore, even if they weren't students they could just sell them online. I'll try my bookstore though, I'm not sure if they'll give out info like that, but I think they can tell me if anyone has recently sold those books in particular.