4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Had fun tonite burning some unfriendly drivers 2 eclipses, new prelude, supra....more

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2001, 01:39 AM

after my b-ball game, I couldnt sleep, so I drove around listening to my new academy of trance cd at 2am in the morning. I saw these 5 souped up cars cruising really fast on highway 495 Maryland, so I decide to act stupid. I burned both the new gen red eclipse and his friend silver eclipse, peaked at 120. the curves at that part of the highway was very shape. I was extremely shocked at my car turning at 120 since this is the first time I went up this high. They keep racing me 5 or 6 times ( later i found out that....) and finally they gave up, and every race I kill them by like 10 car length. at this time, this other new gen prelude ran up to me and I went up to 90 and slowed down since I was already ahead by 3 to 4 cars. afterward, we went really slow, I spotted the supra that was following us all this time but did not take action. It was 2am and i wonder where they were going ( read from max.org that there is a group of souped up cars hanging around the train station, I figure maybe they are going there and I could learn from them).

I kept following them, and at around 2:20 I had no clue where I was( this place might be around anapolis, route 704). they turned in to this gas station. WOW. there must be like 30 cars parked there. I went out side my car and went up to them( very ghetto people, not racist but they were ghetto amigos).

me: hey whats up, nicecars. is this silver eclipse yours.
amigos: hi, yea so you were the one causing some trouble. ( they had this angry look on their face)
me: ( i was going to ask what they got in their car, however i changed my mind. too hardcore people for me, I didnt tell them what I got either, dont wanna embarrass them)
Are you guyz going to race here?
amigo: nah, its always like this, my car is for sale, you wanna buy it.
me: ( thinking huh wtf are u talking about) oh no thanks.
amigo: i c you from nj, we were mad and were trying to box you out.
me: ( thinking oh thats why you tried to race me 5, 6 times, so they lose and try to cheat.) how can i get to college park from here
amigo: (responded with a angry tone), I dont know
me: ok thanks anyway, nice meeting you guyz.

so I left, Fortunately found my way home very easily.

My conclusion
1. my old beat up max is relatively fast.
2. impressed by the handling
3. some people are so immature, so what if you lose.
4. had fun after studying all week.
Old 09-16-2001, 01:44 AM

no i didnt burn supra..
Old 09-16-2001, 03:50 AM

haha you shoulda bragged to them about your 'mods'
Old 09-20-2001, 10:31 PM

how fast is eclipse and prelude anyway?
Old 09-20-2001, 10:43 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

that's some funny stuff man. well, at least they didn't get all violent cuz you whooped their asses man.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
how fast is eclipse and prelude anyway?
low 15's high 14's if driven right
Old 09-20-2001, 10:53 PM

eclipses and preludes are not very fast. I slap them around all day long and the ones I play with have intake and exhaust atleast. Nice kills, keep 'em up.

Kirk
Old 09-20-2001, 11:04 PM

listening to rave music... come on its all about hip hop.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo
eclipses and preludes are not very fast. I slap them around all day long and the ones I play with have intake and exhaust atleast. Nice kills, keep 'em up.

Kirk
sounds like you need better competition
Old 09-20-2001, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio

sounds like you need better competition
I do. That competition was from my H.T. in Pueblo, now that Im up in Boulder there should be some...rich little trust fund baby b*tches up here...anyways, when I get my VB back and the SC installed I will post kills of very worthy oponents...like WRX's and Camero's...cant wait.

Kirk
Old 09-20-2001, 11:19 PM

1/3: sc v2? damn how much did everything cost?, installation?

24kimp: trance is the best, blow ur mind....u feel like traveling in a different dimension when listening to it at nite cruising...

so how fast are non turbo supra?
Old 09-20-2001, 11:24 PM

another question.

when the silver eclipse shifts his gear or whatever he was doing, it had this clicking sound, sorta like 2 metal bars hitting each other. wat is that? was that nos?
Old 09-20-2001, 11:30 PM

I do. That competition was from my H.T. in Pueblo, now that Im up in Boulder there should be some...rich little trust fund baby b*tches up here...anyways, when I get my VB back and the SC installed I will post kills of very worthy oponents...like WRX's and Camero's...cant wait.

Kirk
yeah that will be nice. I would love to see the faces of rich people get their car spanked. post your times when you get it done because I'm thinking of going down the same road as you.
mike
Old 09-20-2001, 11:42 PM

1/3: sc v2? damn how much did everything cost?, installation?

so how fast are non turbo supra?
LucentAUTO - Its a V1 SC. By everything I assume you mean the SC kit and install? Its not installed yet due to the fact that my VB is still in the mail. Once that is installed(should arive tomorrow and go in tomorrow) it will be a week or 2 and I will have the SC installed. As for price, you'll have to pm me about that, last time I posted it people got all ****ed off...lets just say DIRT CHEAP! Install will be at a garage a guy in my car club knows the owner of so it'll run me about $200-250.

Also, what year was the supra? I've slapped the @$$es off some early 90's ones. They are slow without the turbo.

Mike - I will definatley hook you up with time slips once its all put on and a little broken in...look for them in about a month or so...if the tracks are still open. I live in Colorado and if it snows and the tracks close for the season I'll try to use a g-tek(or whatever they are called) and give you those #'s. How exactly do you want to copy my set up? If you tell me what you want to do I'll try to get you discounts like I got. I only paid full price for 2 of my mods. 1)PR CAI, 2)Indiglo Guages. Let me konw what you want to do and I'll put you in contact with people.

Kirk
Old 09-21-2001, 07:49 AM

i was the last gen supra.
from 94-98. non turbo

and also someone answer my other question about clicking sound on the eclipse.
Old 09-21-2001, 09:04 AM

LucentAUTO - Its a V1 SC. By everything I assume you mean the SC kit and install? Its not installed yet due to the fact that my VB is still in the mail. Once that is installed(should arive tomorrow and go in tomorrow) it will be a week or 2 and I will have the SC installed. As for price, you'll have to pm me about that, last time I posted it people got all ****ed off...lets just say DIRT CHEAP! Install will be at a garage a guy in my car club knows the owner of so it'll run me about $200-250.

Also, what year was the supra? I've slapped the @$$es off some early 90's ones. They are slow without the turbo.

Mike - I will definatley hook you up with time slips once its all put on and a little broken in...look for them in about a month or so...if the tracks are still open. I live in Colorado and if it snows and the tracks close for the season I'll try to use a g-tek(or whatever they are called) and give you those #'s. How exactly do you want to copy my set up? If you tell me what you want to do I'll try to get you discounts like I got. I only paid full price for 2 of my mods. 1)PR CAI, 2)Indiglo Guages. Let me konw what you want to do and I'll put you in contact with people.

Kirk

Well I am seriously thinking about going to sc and vb way. I was thinking about getting a 5 speed but I like my auto, its nice when your have to drive and eat and whatnot. I am worried about the tranny even with the vb mod, we all know that the Nissan automatic trannys arent the strongest. cant wait for the time slips.
Old 09-21-2001, 10:03 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

and also someone answer my other question about clicking sound on the eclipse. [/B][/QUOTE]

blow -off valve?...My friend has one in his eclipse...sounds nice...
Old 09-21-2001, 10:43 AM

oh is it? sounds loud. i can help the clicking with all windows closed.
Old 09-21-2001, 10:52 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Yeah there are two type...One that makes a clicking sound and the other one makes a zipping sound...I think...I could be wrong..I heard it on the highway driving next to him so it's pretty loud..
Old 09-21-2001, 01:21 PM

Not bad

Not too bad sounding kills. But I never understand why after races the person who did not win is usually all jerky to you. If anything ask them questions find out what is obviously working for them that might help you and things like that. silly humans.

SuDZ
Old 09-21-2001, 06:55 PM

Lucent--nice kills. you were in the vicinity of New Carrollton metro. i don't live far from there. as far as the "ghetto" amigos, some of the peeps out there are young--some seem like they aren't even in college yet--then again, maybe i'm an ol' head! lol! the area you were in wasn't too bad, but if you kept on down 704 you would have ended up in Seat Pleasant, some rougher areas around there--don't go there.

also, not sure what part of jersey ur from, but following people at night at like 2-3 am is not such a good idea if you have no idea where you're going..esp. with a nice modded max.

what are you runnin in your max??
Old 09-21-2001, 08:23 PM

495 is the DC beltway. were you over near college park/silver spring when this started? if those sharp turns you were talking about are the ones im thinking of...was it one S curve after another? probably about 3 or 4 in all? i have trouble taking those turns at 80 let alone 120.
Old 09-21-2001, 11:13 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

hehehe

Originally posted by j_bryan

Lucent--nice kills. you were in the vicinity of New Carrollton metro. i don't live far from there. as far as the "ghetto" amigos, some of the peeps out there are young--some seem like they aren't even in college yet--then again, maybe i'm an ol' head! lol! the area you were in wasn't too bad, but if you kept on down 704 you would have ended up in Seat Pleasant, some rougher areas around there--don't go there.

also, not sure what part of jersey ur from, but following people at night at like 2-3 am is not such a good idea if you have no idea where you're going..esp. with a nice modded max.

what are you runnin in your max??

Following other cars at night...

reminded me of a funny episode... I was coming home late from work and I see a bunch of ricers start to pull out of 1 parking lot where even more ricers, young guys, chicks seemed to be hanging out.. So they have a little caravan of around 9 cars, an old *** Ford Probe, Eclipse, hatchback civic, galant, another civic.. all are loud as hell farting their way down the blvd... no other cars around and they are just standing there at a light, I pull up and they all stare at my car, like WTF is that? Well, they all gunned it for a spirited drive and were all looking over at me in constantly because I was easily keeping up with them and my car was not making a fart noise.. lol. I played with them for a little bit until they all pulled into another lot where even more ricers were waiting, I didn't bother going in there, who knows what those morons could do. After all, they are Civic owners
Old 09-23-2001, 07:54 PM

sorry for the late reply, i went home for the weekend.

SuDZ- I think they finally realize that their cars aren’t that fast, that’s why he wanted to sell it to me??

j_bryan – I m actually running a secret weapon ,too hard to explain..
ok fine im just a good driver… I got in my max , if u know what I mean… nice max? my max? really? i goto school at college park btw.

Newman96SE- yea It was 495-95 north heading back to college park exit 25. the s curves there are pretty hard. My car was switching lane by it self, cause it couldn’t turn perfectly, good thing there weren’t that many cars at 2 am in the morning.

so the next meeting is oct 12th?

anyone going down there? is the gas station ( crown gas station) the place where they gather or is there another spot I dont know about?
Old 09-23-2001, 08:05 PM

Haha, if you really need directions to College Park from 495 PM me and I'll email them to you. Good race!
Old 09-23-2001, 08:14 PM

I've noticed that you guys are pretty anti-eclipse. Why is that? Im not supporting either side, just curious as I might be selling my max and am looking into a '95 GSX. My friend and I might both buy one. We can make them 12 second cars here in Colorado for about $5000 and it would cost a ton more for a max to get that fast. Give me reasons that they are bad, I really am clueless here and havent even test driven one yet.

Kirk
Old 09-23-2001, 08:20 PM

I've noticed that you guys are pretty anti-eclipse. Why is that? Im not supporting either side, just curious as I might be selling my max and am looking into a '95 GSX. My friend and I might both buy one. We can make them 12 second cars here in Colorado for about $5000 and it would cost a ton more for a max to get that fast. Give me reasons that they are bad, I really am clueless here and havent even test driven one yet.

Kirk
Kirk,
I'm no expert but I have heard that all Mitsubishi's have transmission problems. I'm not sure what exactly happens but I have had some friends have their Eclipses die on them. I also looked into a 95 Eclipse before getting my Maxima but my parents and friends talked me out of it. I am very glad they did too.

Adam
Old 09-23-2001, 08:36 PM

kirk

also, i know a guy back home who got a preowned eclipse.
he sold it after few month cause it had so many problems.

maybe other eclipses are diff, i dont know..
Old 09-23-2001, 08:45 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Yup I agree. Eclipses are fast as hell but has alot of problems. My boy car just died on him.
Old 09-23-2001, 08:56 PM

I appreciate the input and for pointing out what you have found wrong with them. I'll look into how much an aftermarket tranny costs. I've heard something about the shift linkage something that breaks after hard launching due to high torque that it will produce when I get it to run in the 12's. It is some part that is like $500 to replace and just snaps and the car is crippled. Do you guys know anything about that part?

Kirk
Old 09-23-2001, 09:02 PM

I appreciate the input and for pointing out what you have found wrong with them. I'll look into how much an aftermarket tranny costs. I've heard something about the shift linkage something that breaks after hard launching due to high torque that it will produce when I get it to run in the 12's. It is some part that is like $500 to replace and just snaps and the car is crippled. Do you guys know anything about that part?

Kirk
I don't know anything about that part, but I do know that aftermarket tranny's even OEM ones are not cheap and labor costs can be brutal. Maybe you should look into a rebuilt engine for your Maxima and try the always wanted auto to 5-speed conversion. If you do decide to sell your Max, I would be interested in your clear corners and your y-pipe. Good luck in your decisions and keep us CO members informed on your decision.

Adam
Old 09-23-2001, 09:08 PM

if uare selling those parts, let me know too.

especilly the y
Old 09-23-2001, 09:27 PM

Pawn has dibs on the CAI...the y and cat are probably going to go to SB97's friend who will pay $400 for both. You can swap corners with me for $20, I'll even install them for ya, its pretty easy. The guages are for sale, I'll try to help with the install, but Nam would be more help than I, $40 for those. My Weapon R coilovers and Stillen adjustable front camber plates that are both still in original packageing are for sale also. PIAA Driving lights might be for sale if the right price is offered. Stillen FSTB and RSB are for sale too...make me an offer and I'll consider it. SC is for sale too...top bid right now is $1700. Neon kit, REAL brushed aluminum dash kit and the diamond floormats and pedals will either be sent back or sold at cost. Willing to swap straight across and install the moded VB with someone for cost, $450.

Keep in mind that I am not 100% sure I will sell yet. If the insurance works out and I get the one Im looking at we will be selling the parts shortly. I'll keep everyone posted. Email me if you want to make a bid on a part.

Kirk
Old 09-23-2001, 09:35 PM

1700 for sc v2 is very good. keep me updated tho , thx,
wish my car were little younger...

errr no more y..
Old 09-23-2001, 09:39 PM

1700 for sc v2 is very good. keep me updated tho , thx,
wish my car were little younger...

errr no more y..
The SC is a V1. Brand new and still in the box.

Kirk