4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

2001 Eclipse GT Spyder - killed, and an RX7 too

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 04:33 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by Canuck
In Kirks defense, it is barely 5 o'clock, so just give him some time to redeem himself.
He wont, we all know it...
Old 09-05-2001, 05:01 PM

well

I think your full of it also. You want to know why? What aftermarket performance shop would order CUSTOM motor parts without YOU paying THEM first. You said you would not pay them till they are in your hand. Well sorry no business works that way pinocchio. This your web page bro?

http://www.ask-pinocchio.com/

Pinocchio has a Maxima that does 14.7 to. Of course it was adjusted for altitude.

G
Old 09-05-2001, 06:03 PM

Re: well

Originally posted by Gumby510
I think your full of it also. You want to know why? What aftermarket performance shop would order CUSTOM motor parts without YOU paying THEM first. You said you would not pay them till they are in your hand. Well sorry no business works that way pinocchio. This your web page bro?

http://www.ask-pinocchio.com/

Pinocchio has a Maxima that does 14.7 to. Of course it was adjusted for altitude.

G
Kiss my @$$. I do not care what you think. If my pinocchio and you are gumby, who is godzilla? Its hard to take someone serious who has a name like yours. Good choice. Who said that they ordered CUSTOM parts? mtmgz said they would have to custom make them, I never said that they ordered them custom. You should pay more attention when reading so that you get your facts straight.

I said I would call the shop at 4:30 after class, I didnt say that I would be done with class for the day at that time did I? Didnt think so. I know that you are all going to say "I told you so" or "your so full of it" but I really dont care. The shop I went to is a shop my cousin told me about. Keep in mind that he is into hondas. The shop misunder stood what I ment about the parts and thought that I had an honda accord. The parts they ordered are not for a maxima. I told them to never expect my business again. Flip back a couple of pages and you will see that I mearly told them what I wanted to do to the engine and they said they would order the parts. Since my cousin frequents the shop regularly they said I wouldnt have to pay until the parts came in. I have had minimal exhaust work done by them before and they helped me tweak my CAI. I had never done engine work with them before, as I have never had it done anywhere. I never claimed to know a lot about engines and thus I dont know the difference between a piston rod and the other part mtmgz is talking about. I am very dissapointed that they cannot find parts for an engine rebuild for me. I have $5,000 to spend on rebuilding an engine and no performance parts to use it on. D@MN IT! If you guys know of any parts I can get to do the engine rebuild? I guess, according to mtmgz, there are none. Flame me all you want, I have only told you what I wanted to do, what the shop told me they could do, and now that they were wrong and very stupid! I can care less what the collective conscience thinks. I know what I tried to do and how I went about it.

Kirk
Old 09-05-2001, 06:46 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

they did a custom exhaust for you, yet they forgot you had a maxima?

When you talked to them you said "I want engine parts" They said "ok, no problem" (at this point, they assume you have an accord)...their next question didnt involve the model year of the car or the engine it had in it? I refuse to believe that there werent some other preliminary questions prior to ordering that would have clued them in to the fact you didnt have a honda...
Old 09-05-2001, 06:51 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

When you talked to them you said "I want engine parts" They said "ok, no problem" (at this point, they assume you have an accord)...their next question didnt involve the model year of the car or the engine it had in it? I refuse to believe that there werent some other preliminary questions prior to ordering that would have clued them in to the fact you didnt have a honda...
Old 09-05-2001, 06:57 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Old 09-05-2001, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg

Ok, you are pretty much right about my engine IQ. I said I want my engine to hold 15 psi of boost and be able to handle a 150 shot of NO2. They werent the ones that did the custom exhaust work. They only installed the y-pipe and the cat, and tweaked my CAI(tubes kept popping off air sensor). They confirmed the year as a 95 and said they had all the other information about the car they needed they had from when the did the pipe and cat install. I didnt think that shaving my rear emblems would have confused a shot, especially since the front nissan emblem is still there. Im really ****ed now though, I wanted that D@mn engine!

Kirk
Old 09-05-2001, 07:28 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

Ok, you are pretty much right about my engine IQ. I said I want my engine to hold 15 psi of boost and be able to handle a 150 shot of NO2. They werent the ones that did the custom exhaust work. They only installed the y-pipe and the cat, and tweaked my CAI(tubes kept popping off air sensor). They confirmed the year as a 95 and said they had all the other information about the car they needed they had from when the did the pipe and cat install. I didnt think that shaving my rear emblems would have confused a shot, especially since the front nissan emblem is still there. Im really ****ed now though, I wanted that D@mn engine!

Kirk

They actually worked under your car...on the engine...and they had all the info they needed. I also refuse to believe that any shop thats in the custom engine building business couldnt tell the difference between a maxima and an accord (hondas being their main business and all that) from underneath.

Boy, it just gets deeper with every post doesnt it?
Old 09-05-2001, 07:47 PM

They actually worked under your car...on the engine...and they had all the info they needed. I also refuse to believe that any shop thats in the custom engine building business couldnt tell the difference between a maxima and an accord (hondas being their main business and all that) from underneath.

Boy, it just gets deeper with every post doesnt it?
*sigh*

I dont care what you think. I dont care what anyone on this site thinks. I am just telling you exactly what happened and what people say and you keep asking me why did they do that? and how did they not notice? I HAVE NO F*CKING IDEA! Im not them! I cant answer for them! Jesus Christ man, let it go, cant you see that Im trying to provide you with all the info you ask for?! I already said Im not very knowledgable in the engine department. I trusted them to order the right parts. They said they had all the info they needed so I didnt question it. Should I have assumed that they were as stupid as they turned out to be and insult them by saying "you do know its a nissan dont you?" WTF? Let it go. I dont have the answers you want, and I cant get them. I have told you exactly what people have told me the entire thread and you still dont believe me? That is just your problem then.

Kirk
Old 09-05-2001, 08:28 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Ok, man. I'm done. It's been fun.

Here, this will make it all better:

PS: I dont appreciate you trying to give me **** in other threads where it isnt called for.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:37 PM

Ok, man. I'm done. It's been fun.

Here, this will make it all better:

PS: I dont appreciate you trying to give me **** in other threads where it isnt called for.
I dont appreciate you stealing my sig pic. I dont care if you want to alter it, I actually found that amusing. But when you add it to yours, thats just not cool.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:21 PM

What the f**k is going on here? I dont understand why you guys are ripping on Kirk so much. He addmitted that his engine IQ is not perfect. He is just trying to think of ways to improve his car and you guys are giving him **** about it. Big ****!n deal if he doesnt know everything about what he wants to do. Im sure you didnt at one point either, or were you just born with a complete knowledge of cars? It just really ****es me off to see people rip on someone that is just trying to do what he likes doing which in this case is improving his Maxima. I didnt think that is what this board was all about. Take Care
Old 09-05-2001, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by SB97MAX
What the f**k is going on here? I dont understand why you guys are ripping on Kirk so much. He addmitted that his engine IQ is not perfect. He is just trying to think of ways to improve his car and you guys are giving him **** about it. Big ****!n deal if he doesnt know everything about what he wants to do. Im sure you didnt at one point either, or were you just born with a complete knowledge of cars? It just really ****es me off to see people rip on someone that is just trying to do what he likes doing which in this case is improving his Maxima. I didnt think that is what this board was all about. Take Care
Thank you.

Kirk
Old 09-05-2001, 11:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SB97MAX
I agree,
I just read this whole stinkin post trying to make sense of it all..
Ok, give Kirk a break. The guy seems like a nice guy and all you guys are doing is bashing him. I meen sure some of the stuff that has been talked about in this thread does not add up, but damn, all he was doing was trying to do was post about a stinkin road kill theres no reason to bash the guy. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I say let the man be.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by emax95

I agree,
I just read this whole stinkin post trying to make sense of it all..
Ok, give Kirk a break. The guy seems like a nice guy and all you guys are doing is bashing him. I meen sure some of the stuff that has been talked about in this thread does not add up, but damn, all he was doing was trying to do was post about a stinkin road kill theres no reason to bash the guy. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I say let the man be.
Thank you.

Kirk
Old 09-06-2001, 12:30 AM

Lala...what a bunch of hosers...hey Kirk...if you seriously have money to spend on your engine, look into a place called JE Engine Dynamics...they are a Honda place, but I'm sure they could custom build low compression forged pistons and forged rods. I don't know a whole lot about internals, but I know Turbo95Max had stuff custom made...send him a PM.

Casey
Old 09-06-2001, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by global_threat
Lala...what a bunch of hosers...hey Kirk...if you seriously have money to spend on your engine, look into a place called JE Engine Dynamics...they are a Honda place, but I'm sure they could custom build low compression forged pistons and forged rods. I don't know a whole lot about internals, but I know Turbo95Max had stuff custom made...send him a PM.

Casey
Thanks, I will definatley PM him soon.

Kirk
Old 11-30-2001, 03:34 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Well....since we are bringing back old threads.....
Old 11-30-2001, 03:39 PM

Well....since we are bringing back old threads.....
Old 11-30-2001, 04:39 PM

gimp

Just thank god his Golden Gate Bridge size sig is not in every post.

G
Old 12-01-2001, 12:07 PM

Great job on the two victories. Keep us posted on any more races you have either won (hopefully) or lost. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2001, 01:30 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

just read 7 the pages...

i had to wipe the tears from my eyes to see the screen. you guys crack me up.
Old 12-02-2001, 11:09 PM

Good job on the race with the eclipse and the mazda
Old 12-03-2001, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by tabridge5
Good job on the race with the eclipse and the mazda
Thanks

Do you guys realize that this was probably one of my first 50 posts on here? Dang that was a long time ago

Kirk
Old 12-03-2001, 12:21 PM

Re: gimp

Originally posted by Gumby510
Just thank god his Golden Gate Bridge size sig is not in every post.

G
"Boooooooooooo"

"Hisssssssssss"

Kirk
Old 12-03-2001, 01:40 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Hey Kirk, are you keepin your Maxima ? I thought you were gettin' rid of it for an AWD Talon ? I know you may not be the fastest man in colorado w/a Maxima, but you sure as hell would be the fastest in your division. With custom forged pistons and what-not i'm sure you could hold alot of boost. (The heck with medic's saying.... "Not in a maxima you won't")

And yes this thread is older than I am
Old 12-03-2001, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
Hey Kirk, are you keepin your Maxima ? I thought you were gettin' rid of it for an AWD Talon ? I know you may not be the fastest man in colorado w/a Maxima, but you sure as hell would be the fastest in your division. With custom forged pistons and what-not i'm sure you could hold alot of boost. (The heck with medic's saying.... "Not in a maxima you won't")

And yes this thread is older than I am
Im sellin' her ****. She goes under the knife to be turned back to stock this weekend. I have a '98 Jeep Cherokee Im pimpin' out now. I was thinking about turbo's a long time ago(9-3-00 if I remember correctly).

Kirk
Old 12-04-2001, 03:04 PM

Im sellin' her ****. She goes under the knife to be turned back to stock this weekend. I have a '98 Jeep Cherokee Im pimpin' out now. I was thinking about turbo's a long time ago(9-3-00 if I remember correctly).

Kirk
Given up on speed eh ? Well I know it gets damn frusterating trying to become one of the fastest. (especially in a Maxima )

Is your Cherokee 4WD ? Muddin' is fun! Or are u gonna slap some dubs on it ?
Old 12-04-2001, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Given up on speed eh ? Well I know it gets damn frusterating trying to become one of the fastest. (especially in a Maxima )

Is your Cherokee 4WD ? Muddin' is fun! Or are u gonna slap some dubs on it ?
Speed is fun, rock crwaling and muddin' is fun also.

Yes, my Jeep is 4WD, I dont know why they make them in a 4X2 set up, but they do. She's going to have a 6" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 33 or 35" tires(12.5" wide), Detroit rear locker, 6" roof rack, black rims, 20% mirror tint all around(probably 50% on front windshield) and my bad-a$$ stereo Its a drastic switch, but Im tired of the car sceen for now, plus I've alwyas wanted a 4X4 and now have one.

Kirk
Old 12-04-2001, 04:05 PM

are you gonna part her out? i need a y-pipe...
Old 12-04-2001, 04:34 PM

I have a 1988 Toyota Camry that would put any car in here to shame. 115 Hp! That ride is tight!
Old 12-04-2001, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
are you gonna part her out? i need a y-pipe...
I am in the process of parting her out. Unfortunatley I've already sold the y-pipe and cat. You can pick from the following list:

Stillen FSTB
Stillen Cross drilled rotors(all 4)
High performance brake fluid
SS brake lines
Blue neon undercar kit(from custommaxima.com)
REAL brushed aluminum dash kit(from custommaxima.com)
Diamond metal floor mats(from custommaxima.com)

Let me know if you want something.

Kirk
Old 12-04-2001, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by puremax
I have a 1988 Toyota Camry that would put any car in here to shame. 115 Hp! That ride is tight!
Old 12-06-2001, 06:26 PM

I am in the process of parting her out. Unfortunatley I've already sold the y-pipe and cat. You can pick from the following list:

Stillen FSTB
Stillen Cross drilled rotors(all 4)
High performance brake fluid
SS brake lines
Blue neon undercar kit(from custommaxima.com)
REAL brushed aluminum dash kit(from custommaxima.com)
Diamond metal floor mats(from custommaxima.com)

Let me know if you want something.

Kirk
how much for the dash kit and floor mats?
Old 12-06-2001, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
how much for the dash kit and floor mats?
note: removed dash kits usually get screwed up removing, or need to be re-taped, but if its new go for it
Old 12-06-2001, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by RedMax95

note: removed dash kits usually get screwed up removing, or need to be re-taped, but if its new go for it
Its brand new, still in box shiped to me...I need to check one thing before I tell you the price, should know after this weekend
Old 12-07-2001, 05:17 AM

Yes, my Jeep is 4WD, I dont know why they make them in a 4X2 set up, but they do.
Gee... maybe it's because 95% of SUVs are driven by soccer moms, most of whom have no need for 4 wheel drive and shouldn't waste the gas mileage on it (but do anyway)? It's their attempt at being practical.
Its a drastic switch, but Im tired of the car sceen for now
Getting sick of your car so quickly seems very expensive.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by jargoone

Gee... maybe it's because 95% of SUVs are driven by soccer moms, most of whom have no need for 4 wheel drive and shouldn't waste the gas mileage on it (but do anyway)? It's their attempt at being practical.

Getting sick of your car so quickly seems very expensive.
Soccer mom's shouldnt be allowed to drive Jeeps.

It was expensive getting tired of it so quickly....not going to make a lot of it back, but Im not doing too bad.

Kirk
Old 12-07-2001, 11:17 AM

estimate of diamond plate mats price?
Old 12-07-2001, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by RedMax95
estimate of diamond plate mats price?
They are brand new also, but my packing slip(which says the price I paid on it) and after I see that price I can sell it at that price.

Quick Reply: 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder - killed, and an RX7 too