4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My Maxi could be done-zo

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 PM

My Maxi could be done-zo

I posted a thread on saturday about how my clutch was messed up;

whatever..

Anyway so this morning I'm outside with the tow truck guy getting ready to tow my whip to my mechanic to get fixed.

My car is pulled in the driveway and he's telling me I need to get it in the street so he can tow it out.. But I was like dude I can't move the car, it won't get in gear or engage at all. So while the cars off, he gets in and sort of jams the shifter into Reverse...and then turns the car on. It immediately jerked backward but stopped because of the e-brake. I'm thinking to myself WTF are you doing guy...

So he's like get in, and do that, but pull the e-brake down and I'm like OK.. I'll back up into the street and it'll be fine. So I do this and the car makes some horrid noises when going backwards but nevertheless I'm where I need to be to get hooked up and towed.

So he tells me leave the car in 1st, leave the e-brake off. I get out of my car. He then asks me to turn the wheels a little to the right.

SOO naturally I get in the car, and I start the car to turn the wheels.

Well the car slammed into the front of his F-350 turbodiesel tank machine. My hood is destroyed.
My grille is destroyed.
My radiator could be fooked.

I was just in such a rush I didn't even remember or realize what was going to happen. My car didn't really stick the contact because I ripped the e-brake in time. It was a really short distance between my car and his truck.

This is easily the most retarded thing thats EVER happened to me.
My mechanic said the insurance company could very well total it, because of the mileage and how clean the car is, etc... My car is pretty clean but it has 156,600 miles so I'm bugging. I just can't see it happening because there isn't that much damage. If the maxi is done i'm buying an audi

anyone get their car totaled over not that much damage?? actually i don't even know how much damage there is for sure
Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 PM

sorry to hear about that, its hard to tell without pics of the damage but it doesnt sound like enough to total it. This kind of idiocy demonstrated by tow truck drivers seems to be quite common, coupled with the "we proudly take no responsibility for any damage" policy.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 PM

man those ****ers.. i hate when u get some retard towing the car.. last time my friend had to get this car towed.. i had the show the moron how to do it...

what ever.... hope everything works out for ya...
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Tow trucks have insurance for things similar to this, which i dont think will apply because you arethe one that drove the car into the tow truck. I know that if the tow trucker does anything to your car while he is in control of it they MAY be found liable.

Just to be on the safe side, i would contact a traffic lawyer and ask for opinion which should be free.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear this happen. I would definitely make sure you got his name, the company of the tow truck he works for everything.

File the proper paper work.

I feel that, once he got into your car and jammed it into reverse, and stalled out cause the e-brake, you should have jumped in and told him not to drive your car or for him to let you do it. That was a sigh he had no care for your car.

Your car is a 99 so it has more value to it, so I dont think it would get totaled. If you had a 95 then maybe but you should be okay.

Best wishes and keep all your paper work.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:32 PM

thanks, although it was a free tow because it was less than 3 miles from my house. but i will call a lawyer and check it out.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your luck man...

I'm so obsessed with my vehicles that if that happened, I literally no joke would have served him up clean right there on the spot. I am a very relaxed and easy going guy, but there are certain things that will set me off bigtime, and hurting my vehicles is one of them...
Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by SIK L
Sorry to hear about your luck man...

I'm so obsessed with my vehicles that if that happened, I literally no joke would have served him up clean right there on the spot. I am a very relaxed and easy going guy, but there are certain things that will set me off bigtime, and hurting my vehicles is one of them...

LMAO!! I'M SO BAKED RIGHT NOW. THAT ****'S AWESOME
Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ouzo99max
LMAO!! I'M SO BAKED RIGHT NOW. THAT ****'S AWESOME
haha, college? mmmm college