4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What The Mother F@!@*((!@#(_

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 PM

What The Mother F@!@*((!@#(_

So I get take of like its any other day to go to Queens to my boy's place, and as I park and walk away from my car, it seemed a little strange being that it was in the dark... as I get closer, low and behold, SOMEONE STOLE MY FRONT LIP!

Yes I've said it, Someone came in front of my house at the middle of the night, and unistalled my stillen lip... I CAN'T believe this happened, what kind of grimey mother F-er would stoop so low as to go to someone's house and steal his lip, AND THIS IS IN LONG ISLAND omg, I'm so confounded I don't even know what to say... I"m just... shocked as of right now... **** is not cool... I"m so upset I don't even know what to think right now
Old 08-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

No surprise. I've heard of cases where peoples car's got stolen in there driveway and they lived in LI. Its NY.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:56 PM
i has college

For someone who recognizes it as a valuable aftermarket part, it's an easy, easy $200. Keep an eye on ebay. Were there any distinguishable marks on it that would make it easy to identify in a close-up picture?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 PM
maxima985spd

I wrap a chain and combination lock around mine every time I park my car.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 PM

thats why i dont waste my time with doing all kinds of cool mods, too many a$$holes with no jobs scopin out your whip lookin to steal w/e they can. sorry man, thats sucks.....
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
thats why i dont waste my time with doing all kinds of cool mods, too many a$$holes with no jobs scopin out your whip lookin to steal w/e they can. sorry man, thats sucks.....
Exactly !!!

plenty of stories here and thats why i bought nissan oem 5 spoke se wheels instead of after market.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:31 PM

sorry to hear that man,but at the price that those lips are going for........its not a surprise that someone would go stealing it.Goodluck Purchasing a new one.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:27 AM

just look for a maxima driving with it... wait till it parks ****** it... and as long as ur there, set their car on fire....
Old 08-08-2007, 05:58 AM

I was wondering the other day if people would still a lip off a car. I guess this answers my question.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by f550maranello2
just look for a maxima driving with it... wait till it parks ****** it... and as long as ur there, set their car on fire....
Waiting for the "someone stole my front lip then set my car on fire" thread...
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by maxima985spd
Now thats security!!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by ethnic6
So I get take of like its any other day to go to Queens to my boy's place, and as I park and walk away from my car, it seemed a little strange being that it was in the dark... as I get closer, low and behold, SOMEONE STOLE MY FRONT LIP!

Yes I've said it, Someone came in front of my house at the middle of the night, and unistalled my stillen lip... I CAN'T believe this happened, what kind of grimey mother F-er would stoop so low as to go to someone's house and steal his lip, AND THIS IS IN LONG ISLAND omg, I'm so confounded I don't even know what to say... I"m just... shocked as of right now... **** is not cool... I"m so upset I don't even know what to think right now

How was it mounted? Double sided tape and screws on the end?
When I first put my lip on I suspected someone might try and snag it so I added an additional bolt in the middle with a nut on the bottom to help deter the theives.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
How was it mounted? Double sided tape and screws on the end?
When I first put my lip on I suspected someone might try and snag it so I added an additional bolt in the middle with a nut on the bottom to help deter the theives.

Now we all know!, I am coming for it!

Mine is glued and screwed in, it won't come off unless you break it.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by max ride 41

Screw that, im not going to do without the things I enjoy in life for the fear of losing them to theives. If that was the case, why purchase anything?
Cars, TVs, Stereos, the computer you use to view this site can all be taken away from you if somone wishes to have it.
Denying yourself the simple pleasures of material items for the sake of losing them to theives is no way to live.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Now we all know!, I am coming for it!

Mine is glued and screwed in, it won't come off unless you break it.

It would take quite some time to get it off, it even bothers me at times when I have to remove it to work on the car.
On that note though, I have had fawkers do the smash and grabs in broad daylight at restuarants with the alarm screaming. Theives are everywhere and there is really no way to avoid them. If they want something there going to get it.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Screw that, im not going to do without the things I enjoy in life for the fear of losing them to theives. If that was the case, why purchase anything?
Cars, TVs, Stereos, the computer you use to view this site can all be taken away from you if somone wishes to have it.
Denying yourself the simple pleasures of material items for the sake of losing them to theives is no way to live.
i'm not saying not to do anything, but i notice the cars with the tint and rims alot more so i like the sleeper approach. no-one knows what you got until you push down on the pedal!!! i had a camaro like that back in the 80's and it looked like an average car until i revved her up than bam!!!! smokin time!!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Ridin' Spinnaz

Are you serious? I'm way too lazy for that.

If I ever decide to install a lip or body kit, I'm going to epoxy the hell out of the thing in addition to bolting it on. If somebody wants to steal it, they're gonna have to work for it (and destroy it in the process).

You should invest in a good alarm system with pressure sensors. Put one in your front bumper. I guarantee somebody'll set it off trying to do that again.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:44 AM

This too is why I don't pretty my car up to much.

I set up 270 degree WiFi cameras at my house after I noticed different people taking quite an interest in my shop (random people STOP in their cars in front of my driveway and stare, I wish folks would mind their own business). In fact, my friends don't even know they are up. Maybe a bit overkill to protect your Maxima, but with a shop full of expensive tools and equipment it's a no brainer.

Security Torx screws are another way to make it tougher for a curbside thief to remove cleanly, but easy for you too if needed. Like it's been said before, if someone really wants it, they will get it.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ZLevine
Are you serious? I'm way too lazy for that.

I forgot how entertaining the 4th gen forums can be sometimes.

And to the OP, I think everyone has or will get their ish stolen at least once. Thieves are everywhere and if they want something bad enough, they will get it. Just make sure you have good insurance with affordable deductibles.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Wild for Width

Could have been the car.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:09 AM

Damn you the second person I know who got their lip stolen in that area.

2 DA MAX had his ripped off too
Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 AM

well, as for getting a new lip, I've decided a long time ago that I wasn't goin to put anymore money in the car, so I guess I'll just take the side skirts and rear and sell it... drank my night away last night, can't believe some people are that grimy... I just can't believe that it happened in front of my house, can't even feel safe in my own neighborhood... I just pray that the guy is not stupid enough to sell it in here, god knows the things i will do to him if I ever found out... I guess me and 2 Da Max got something in common
Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM
maxima985spd

What color and brand are your rear skirts and how much do you want for them?

Old 08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Beast Mode!!!

That's why I wanna get back in the Honda game. You have to be one poor sumofabich to steal a $50 lip. OEM lips cost more than the aftermarket ones
Old 08-08-2007, 12:13 PM
VIP Maxima

thats why i used miles of double sided tape on mine + screws. they stole my window spoiler tho

Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

install a camera where you park your car!! then when you catch them again, beat their a**
Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 PM

next time use the tamper proof allen head bolts nobody ever comes with those tools in their bag id imagine. but i kno some one who got their whole subframe taken from under the car we were at a party for about 2 hours came out and i knew tyhe car looked funny cuz it was sittin up a little higher but hell i was blown anyway we get in the car no start i tell him to open the hood nothing but a harness hanging down now that takes *****
Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Black Lion

i feel your pain. mine was also stolen a while ago. i had it mounted with two rivets and someone stole it on me. the new lip i have has rivets behind the lower valence which they will have to remove to even get to them. and i used security bolts for the valence which makes it that much tuffer to get. but its like they say if they really want it they can get it. the idea is to make it as tuff as possible to steal. thats why on my max i have a multi lock,lock for my brakes, and auto lock installed on my rims. plus have a viper sst responder. i dont play! had my max stolen once and i put to much money in it to have it happen again.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 PM

ya well no point crying over spilt milk, I'm going to remove the rest of the body kit tomorrow and sell it, I'll be posting them on the classified when I get a chance thanks for all ur replies guys
Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 PM

yeah, my bf had to put a camera up watching his VW cause someone spray painted the trunk door. I dont blame you for being pissed off. I would too...thats why i keep my Max stock. Too many eyes.... Im sorry about your car...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 AM

Dang man that Sucks!!! look out for other max's in the area sportin just a lip all of a sudden.. LOL
Old 08-09-2007, 08:29 AM

Im going to steal someones fog lights when i get the chance. Mine are all beat up and nissan charges WAY too much.

THe game got yea! Soak it up
Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 AM

just finished takin off the rest of my body kit... the car feels empty now... well I'll be posting a for sale ad on the classified soon, so if u guys want a ionic side skirt and rear valence, just pm me
Old 08-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Ridin' Spinnaz

Originally Posted by Ruthless
Im going to steal someones fog lights when i get the chance. Mine are all beat up and nissan charges WAY too much.
Right...because it's the fault of all fog light owners that Nissan charges so much. Punish them. Good justification.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:03 PM

damn man. that very harsh for a person would do such a thing. I going to put my Stillen kit on next week, I hope no one will steal it
Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 PM

how easy are they to uninstall? could they really take it that fast
Old 08-09-2007, 10:03 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Chances are it was someone from the org... I would have just gotten another one and made it harder to take off, nuts and bolts and rivets ftw.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 AM

i caught a mother ****er in a accord trying to steal my headlights cuz he thought my car was a accord, i have the one peice and i walked out side and he was trying to get the hoodpins off and he already pulled one headlight almost all the way out somehow and i asked him what the f%&$ he was f in doing and he said he wanted some after market h/l for his accord and he is sorry, i got my handy dandy tire knocker out from under my front seat and beat the sh!^ out of him, then when i was waiting for the cops, i told him it wasnt a damn accord it was my beautiful maximillion, i never ever thought my car looked like a f'in accord, makes me just sick
Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
You know how I do....

Originally Posted by jvckustumz
i caught a mother ****er in a accord trying to steal my headlights cuz he thought my car was a accord, i have the one peice and i walked out side and he was trying to get the hoodpins off and he already pulled one headlight almost all the way out somehow and i asked him what the f%&$ he was f in doing and he said he wanted some after market h/l for his accord and he is sorry, i got my handy dandy tire knocker out from under my front seat and beat the sh!^ out of him, then when i was waiting for the cops, i told him it wasnt a damn accord it was my beautiful maximillion, i never ever thought my car looked like a f'in accord, makes me just sick

LOL...The visual of this whole situation is funny as hell.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:41 AM

more like about ready to kill a guy god the nerve of some people

Quick Reply: What The Mother F@!@*((!@#(_