4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need help with code 1336

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:35 AM

need help with code 1336

my cousin just bough a 97 maxima a few weeks ago and yesterday it started to act strange like misfiring, we check the codes with a scanner and it shows 1336 that is for the crankshaft position sensors first we replaced the one close to the tranny and still misfires now we replaced the one under the pulley and still same problem what else to look for

need to fix this there is no warranty no returns
Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 PM

still need some help here

today i swapped an ecu to see if the ecu was bad and still have the same code checked the harness and did all the test accordingly to the haynes manual and everything seems ok the book mention that if everything else is good it could be the plate that is broken like missing some teeth or something if anybody have this problem before any advice would be appreciated
Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 PM

Well after checking everything that could give me the code last week i discovered that the timing ring thats is bolted to the flywheel was stripped so it could not trigger the crankshaft position sensor the way it should

i decided to buy a used flywheel with timing ring after i went to the dealer i find out that the ring is not sold alone it comes with flywheel at a cost of $275 or at least that how much the dealer wants(Orlando Florida)

but here is the most important thing about all this before i removed the flywheel i was looking everywhere inside the transmission housing and at the engine side to see what could have caused the problem but did not found anything and after i removed the flywheel i found a grinded bolt exactly the same as the ones holding the pressure plate but none of them was missing so it looks like the previous owner replaced the clutch and someone lost a bolt and used another one or maybe that someone did it on purpose so the owner have to come back who knows

well the thing is today i received my exedy clutch kit ,bough the axles seals , 1 boot that was teared,replaced both ball joints and terminals,new sway bar links and bushings drove 40 minutes to go to the nearest place that sells Redline MT-90 tranny oil and hopefully tomorrow i'm going to put everything back together