4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HID Conversion Kits on ebay

Old 06-10-2007, 09:28 PM

HID Conversion Kits on ebay

i found a real real cheap auction on ebay for a hid conversion, with warranties and i no sometimes this gets annoying wen ppl ask about legitimacy but all i need is like one opinion from some1 who has installed a conversion kit because i have no knowledge of them...

the site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-X...23568445QQrdZ1

thanks for your opinions
Old 06-11-2007, 06:30 AM

Supposedly, many of the plug and play kits do not last as long as they should, If your are not going to do a retrofit, ie, get projectors, you are probably not gonna be happy with your light pattern. Instead of of having light focused where you need it (on the ground) you are gonna have light scattered all over the place, because the HID bulb is not going to line up correctly with the reflector and it's gonna ruin any chance of having a clean output. Every play with a maglite? It's similar to that. You are gonna have hot spots, light up the trees, bother oncoming traffic etc. And you are gonna lose your HI-beams as well. If you are going to do a retrofit, or have someone do a retrofit for you with a bixenon setup then you will be very happy. If not, you may curse the HID's. Yes they will be bright as hell, but it will be more like beeing seen than being able to see. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 AM

its all the same in terms of product. All china made items. They say german technology but still china made. Everyone claim 1 year - lifetime but getting claims to go thru can be a challenge none the less. We got a couple vendors on here doing $150shipped and 160$ shipped with 1 year i think. They haven't been here for 1 year yet to see if they hold on to their warranty or just up and leave us one day.

accordman told you about the HID kit itself and i told you about the warranty and what can happen. So your choice on what u want to do.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:00 PM

What about these particular "HID" lights?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...QQcmdZViewItem

These were the ones I was hoping this thread was about...they also offer the same head lights that come with the clear bumper lights for about $285-300...
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Schnell kaputt

I'd rather go with high wattage bulbs and a heavy duty harness then use the plug and play kits. This option is pretty popular with the VW guys...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bonka
I'd rather go with high wattage bulbs and a heavy duty harness then use the plug and play kits. This option is pretty popular with the VW guys...
Not to hijack, but I am interested in this as well, what is the wattage for the "Hi Wattage" 9004 bulbs. I googled and did not find too much info. Little help? I would rather do this over the 9007 conversion too, because at least you would not kill the light pattern liek the 9007 does.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:43 AM

40 bucks for all the blubs, sylvania

Old 06-17-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by FormorAccordMan
Not to hijack, but I am interested in this as well, what is the wattage for the "Hi Wattage" 9004 bulbs. I googled and did not find too much info. Little help? I would rather do this over the 9007 conversion too, because at least you would not kill the light pattern liek the 9007 does.
Sry. So am I. I was thinking about an HID kit but don't wanna blind ppl and would hate to lose my brights. Don't have the money for a retrofit right now either. Supposidly Hi Wattage bulbs are the closest thing the HIDs with a simple harness and you're able to keep your brights. Need a little more info.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:11 AM

where did you get the yellow fog ones?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:24 AM
VIP Maxima

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BI-XE...em130118969003

36 month warranty. when it comes down to HID's you want as much warranty as possible.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:51 AM
heresmymind

dont buy any hid KIT. buy OEM HIDS and retrofit. otherwise you are risking others + yours safty. Not to mention the output will be a waste

Old 06-17-2007, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by heresmymind
dont buy any hid KIT. buy OEM HIDS and retrofit. otherwise you are risking others + yours safty. Not to mention the output will be a waste
Glad to see more people are advocating retrofits. If you want to get HID, do it right.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:35 AM
heresmymind

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Glad to see more people are advocating retrofits. If you want to get HID, do it right.
heck yeah man. I love having a 94 max. with headlights that are 10000 x brighter and safer than people that buy those ebay halo projector lights and thinking they are a bmw. ricer bulbs make me laugh as do any hids above 5000k. I personally rock da 3000k yellows. but thats just me. half the people don't even think they are hid cause they are "BLUE". I also retrofit myself side jobs and part time for a company here in CT. PM me if you have any questions!!

Old 06-17-2007, 12:05 PM
VIP Maxima

retrofits look FUGLY, 99% of retrofits out there are ugly except for a few. we dont need to light up the road, this is not ralley racing and not everyone can justify 1 grand for lights, moreover, not everyone has the skills or time. imo HID kits give off a nice color and light up the road better then stock. cant bash them for what they are. they are an excellent upgrade from OEM. unforunately too many things go wrong with the ballasts and bulbs since there are many cheap brands out there.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
retrofits look FUGLY, 99% of retrofits out there are ugly except for a few. we dont need to light up the road, this is not ralley racing and not everyone can justify 1 grand for lights, moreover, not everyone has the skills or time. imo HID kits give off a nice color and light up the road better then stock. cant bash them for what they are. they are an excellent upgrade from OEM. unforunately too many things go wrong with the ballasts and bulbs since there are many cheap brands out there.
Thats just it. if you cant focus the light were it needs to be then its going to go all over. retro is the way.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:44 PM
heresmymind

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
#1 retrofits can look any way you want. they are preference so justifying not doing one cause other peoples don't match your opinion is stupid.

#2 has nothing to do with rally racing. people like me have back roads and hills where stock lights really aren't enough even for doing the speed limit

#3 1 grand for lights? your nuts 500$ for all top of the line oem stuff. all you need is a headlight. even 650 if u buy ebay ones. If you can afford 750$ for tires. you can afford lighting. Since it will outlast your tires. and increase your safty just the same if not more.

#4 color output? your worried about color output? anyone that worries about that are nub with headlights. anything about 5000k not only decreases the usable light. it makes it WORSE in snow fog or rain. Can get you in trouble with the law. AND causes horrible glare. Unless you aim it down a lot. defeating the whole purpose of upgrading to HIDS

#5 the light pastern of hid projector vs a hid kit in a halogen reflector is night and day. If you will dish out 150 for a PnP Kit atleast buy a 50$ e46/e55 single xenon projector to put them in. example:

Sylvia Silverstars in the 3rd generation maxima.

Here is my e55 projector output with ONE projector and a a 4300k OEM bulb color shifted.

Here is a difference set up from halogen 4300k and 3000k Hids SAME projectors (hella e55)

With 4300k You can get that "cool" color by color modding the projector to give the blue line. That is what you see in w/ a BMW or Mercedes not those junk 6000k-15000k hid pnp kits

Old 06-17-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by heresmymind
#1 retrofits can look any way you want. they are preference so justifying not doing one cause other peoples don't match your opinion is stupid.

#2 has nothing to do with rally racing. people like me have back roads and hills where stock lights really aren't enough even for doing the speed limit

#3 1 grand for lights? your nuts 500$ for all top of the line oem stuff. all you need is a headlight. even 650 if u buy ebay ones. If you can afford 750$ for tires. you can afford lighting. Since it will outlast your tires. and increase your safty just the same if not more.

#4 color output? your worried about color output? anyone that worries about that are nub with headlights. anything about 5000k not only decreases the usable light. it makes it WORSE in snow fog or rain. Can get you in trouble with the law. AND causes horrible glare. Unless you aim it down a lot. defeating the whole purpose of upgrading to HIDS

#5 the light pastern of hid projector vs a hid kit in a halogen reflector is night and day. If you will dish out 150 for a PnP Kit atleast buy a 50$ e46/e55 single xenon projector to put them in. example:

Sylvia Silverstars in the 3rd generation maxima.

Here is my e55 projector output with ONE projector and a a 4300k OEM bulb color shifted.

Here is a difference set up from halogen 4300k and 3000k Hids SAME projectors (hella e55)

With 4300k You can get that "cool" color by color modding the projector to give the blue line. That is what you see in w/ a BMW or Mercedes not those junk 6000k-15000k hid pnp kits

I got this man and hey fellow hidplanet member. www.hidplanet.com/forums anybody that wants to know about hids should go there and do a little reading.