4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Good Night, My Max......

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Still Learning

Good Night, My Max......

Two days ago, I was waiting on the light to make a left turn. A DUI guy hit me with a head on while he was traveling in the wrong direction.

I was spun 180 drgree then stopped on the sidewalk. Lucky me, a little scratch. Poor Max...... totaled. I really wanted to kick that guy's ***. He was arrested right away for DUI. Today I got the police accident report and know that he had no license and no insurance.

Sigh..... My Max......
10 minutes before the accident, I was working on the projector headlight that Maxgtr2000 did for me and HID. Funny world...... 10 minutes later, I don't have the car anymore. When I got home, I saw two "maxima.org" stickers that I have not got a chance to put on.

I will be back...... I love Maxima......

Old 06-08-2007, 01:47 AM

Wow. Bad times. I'd have to take up boxing or something if that happened to me.

Complete retards, driving around drunk with no license... I can't imagine a number small enough to describe the number of brain cells it takes to do that.

Do you have comprehensive insurance?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 AM

Ouch! that brings tears to my eyes. Part it out and make some money for another max.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:09 AM

I take it you have insurance coverage that will cover you.

Where I am from, there is such a thing as underinsured motorist coverage that protect vehicle owners for such unfortunate circumstances.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:12 AM
VK56 Inside

Wow! At least you are ok.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:19 AM

damn

Find out where he is being held pay the gaurds off so they can let u in while he is asleep and beat his ***
Old 06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
scoobystoned...

true dat....bring a baseball bat to where he is being held.

are you gonna sell any parts off the car???
Old 06-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sad to hear that. Feel really sorry about your Max.

Any way to sue this bastard? There are a lot of lawyers good at car accident cases. Perhaps get a free consultation to check the possibility to sue this bastard and get some compensation.

BTW, be aware of your body, especially spine and neck. Some symptoms will occur some time after the accident even though you feel well right now.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:56 AM

Damn man, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you're alright though!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:00 AM

t65k3,

Glad you're ok. And I would have beat that guy's a** if I were you. Kind man you are. Wish you better luck in the future.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:12 AM

wow, yea i know my hot headed temper. Cops would have taken me in too cus I would have finished what his crash started. You are so blessed you're ok. Imagine if you were in a civic what would have happened... coulda been alot worse.

Sorry to hear about your car dude, but thats nothing. How's your insurance situation?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by t65k3
10 minutes before the accident, I was working on the projector headlight that Maxgtr2000 did for me and HID. Funny world...... 10 minutes later, I don't have the car anymore. When I got home, I saw two "maxima.org" stickers that I have not got a chance to put on.
i like what you said there, its very "effective". I plan things for my max months ahead of time, its so easy to forget how quickly something can be taken from you, and there's nothing you can do about it. Its not scary enough to make me stop investing time and money into something I love ...but its definently scary. Just remember when it comes down to it, your life is the most important thing...
your lucky to come out of it as safely as you did. good luck.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Still Learning

Thanks, guys. I am ok, tests were done, no internal bleeding......

I only have liability on mine, talked to State Farm this morning, nothing they could do. I am looking into a way to sue that son of a XXXXX. He is not that car's owner, so I might need to go after the owner.

Need some advises on what I should do now before I see an attorney next Thursday. Should I get the car back home instead of "parking" in the tow lot with a $20/day charge?

I will look into parting it out for my next Max, when everything is settled. Man, that's gonna hurt again......
Old 06-08-2007, 10:53 AM

I dont know how far along you can go suing the owner, as he wasnt negligable in this situation (as far as we know from the info you've mentioned). That would depend on the laws on the matter in your state.

Im sure you can sue the driver for pain and suffering, and compensation for damaged property. Just a few examples.

Whatever you deside to do, hope it turns out for the better. And yes, get that car back to your house and part it out (take plenty of pictures for court before you start dismantling, especially sitting in the driver seat facing forward, so they get a "driver's view" of the situation). W/e $ you can get out of the car now is $ that you're not getting from insurance and who knows when/ if you'd get it from the driver or owner of the other car.

Best of luck man. Go have a beer to celebrate that you're ok
Old 06-08-2007, 11:03 AM

You should have said your back hurt and stuff right after it happened.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by ouzo99max
You should have said your back hurt and stuff right after it happened.
no point, he found out after when he got the report that he had no license and insurance, lol. he would have done it for nothing
Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 AM

Sorry to hear about what happened. Definitely a complete idiot driving no license & no insurance. Unfortunately, the owner should be held somewhat liable for allowing this dummy to drive their car knowing they had no license or any insurance coverage.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 AM

dang.. that royally sucks.. but important thing is your are fine! car can always be replaced, a life cannot..
Old 06-08-2007, 11:50 AM

Sorry to hear about the max, but glad you're ok.
I say the owner can be pursued. Let's see: a friend of yours (I assume) walks up to you drunk (or even before he is drunk) and asks to borrow your car. First of all, you better f-ing know whether or not he has a license... unless you arent friends at all, in which case why would you let him borrow the car? Anyways, you can (and should) ask if he has a license and insurance.
Good luck!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 95BLKMAX
I dont know how far along you can go suing the owner, as he wasnt negligable in this situation (as far as we know from the info you've mentioned). That would depend on the laws on the matter in your state.
Lending your car to someone you know to be a drinker is negligent, and there are several other situations in which the owner could be liable. Definetely look into it if it looks like you won't be able to get money out of the driver.

Glad your OK.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Fuhget About It.....

Talk to a lawyer, see what equity the owner has, file suit against the owner and driver. If they own homes they will be forced to compensate you somehow. Also get your car out of the inpound it'll only hurt you later on cause they arent paying for it you are.

My best advice to some of you guys is dont get any speeding tickets and keep FULL cover insurance on your cars. Im 35 have 2 cars full cover and only pay $500 every 6 mos. Been there done that with street racing it gets old when you do, responsibilities change you.

Glad to hear your ok though and be persistant even though they dont have money you can still sue them and they still would owe you no matter what.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:09 PM

sorry to hear ur loss, can i have ur OEM rims now ?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:19 PM

wow that sucks. a chick in a wrecked civic almost hit me and i cussed her a** out so much she couldn't believe it. Idiot crossed 4 lanes of traffic and almost sideswiped me...
Old 06-08-2007, 05:46 PM

You should be able to get some money from the owner of the car, if not the driver of the vehicle who was drunk. YOU should not have to suffer for something completly not your fault. You were the innocent bystander who did not deserve this. I guarantee that it should hold up in court and you should get your hard earned dough back for the car. I sure as hell know I would be pissed as hell not only about the crash, but the fact that you are left **** out of luck.

I know that comprehensive (covers all but accidents that are my fault) costs me (17 years old in MA) $1198 a year. With full coverage (collision) it would skyrocket to $2600 per year. I have had no tickets and have been in one accident where someone rear ended me (not my fault). The skyrocket in price is the only reason why I do not have full coverage. My parents make me pay for everything.

Anyways, Best of luck and glad you are alright. Hope everything works out well.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:22 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Man sorry to hear about the accident. Wasn't it the R34s I did for you? I can't remember for sure. Just thank God you are alive especially getting hit head on. I would talk to the lawyer and just get his opinion for possible compensation for your vehicle because it was a dui and the accident wouldn't have happened like that if the law wasn't being broken, so just gauge and see. Hit me up if you need anything.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Still Learning

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
Man sorry to hear about the accident. Wasn't it the R34s I did for you? I can't remember for sure. Just thank God you are alive especially getting hit head on. I would talk to the lawyer and just get his opinion for possible compensation for your vehicle because it was a dui and the accident wouldn't have happened like that if the law wasn't being broken, so just gauge and see. Hit me up if you need anything.
Thanks.... Yup, those were gone.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 PM

DAmn man.. thats why i got full coverage on my Max, i got kids to worry about...

bu tyeha you shoudl be able to sue for negegence. just make sure its worth goin to court over it tho. that cost money... make sure u bring all your reciepts for any parts u had added to the car and the KBB value and sue for that amount + any time that you missed form work or any inconvience it cost you.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 PM

That'll buff right out!

Seriously though, that really sucks! I've been in the same situation before and I know how you feel....
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 PM

Sounds like you have a solid legal case against the *** who hit you. If possible, as soon as possible, get a couple of estimates from professional body shops (preferrably more than one) to assess the damages, placing an estimated value of loss on your property. Do this before you alter the car. Use this along with your pics as evidence in the hearing. Also keep all receipts regarding fees / losses you've incurred related to the accident- tow bills, medical, rental car, etc. and document the time you've spent outside of your normal day to deal with this.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:55 AM

Damn sorry about what happened hope you get somethin just as good
Old 06-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry to hear such thing man
anyway thanks for your help answering questions
Old 06-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i think they should be more strict on DUI then they could lower the drinking age
Old 09-30-2007, 10:55 PM

so no one said a price for you so I am gunna say atleast 600 or 700 I dont know what they usually ask for it but I would say trying to get the owners insurance to pay is a good idea.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 AM

**** man sorry to hear that. Sue his *** and come back with an even better 4th gen
Old 10-01-2007, 04:47 AM

wow, i almost cried when i saw that, i know how it feels to lose a nice car. number 1: you can sue the owner of the car but it'll take a retainer to the attorney who handles the case and number 2: it'll take some time and patience for the courts to do something ( award a cash settlement ) so, depends on how much money the guy has and how good the lawyer is. be careful, don't rush into anything or overexert yourself as neck and back injuries tend to sneak up on you a few weeks later as the other orger stated. and, thank the big man for lookin out for you as it could've been alot worse. good luck fellow orger!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:12 AM
wants an I35

i know your pain man. i was in a felony hit and run three weeks ago. my 96 GLE was totalled.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 AM

awww man....sorry to hear/see what happened,you will surely be back though, either a new one or sumin.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 PM

dam that must have been one tragic experience
Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Ridin' Spinnaz

Dang.. sorry to hear about that man.

But head-on?? I guess Maximas really are tanks.. how fast was he going?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:54 PM
1997 Nissan Maxima SE

I was so upset when I got a little scratch on my car, I can imagine how you feel. Good thing Maxima's are built tough.

Quick Reply: Good Night, My Max......