4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

looking for Electric ground locations

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:30 PM

looking for Electric ground locations

my 1995 GLE seems to have some odd electrical issue and I am trying to trace wirings. Its first time I am playing with wires/electrical issues so having hard time finding ground location.

Can some one please point the engine harness's ground locations.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:55 PM

bump.
please help me here, I am sure lot of ppl know ground locations
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 PM

follow the main negative cable to engine block just under where the upper radiator hose enters engine. from there you'll fine a number of grounds from harness to engine. I know most of the engine control sensor circuits are grounded at two wires on the front of the intake manifold and I see a ground from engine to harness at the alternator support bracket just to the left of the dipstick. there's likely a number more grounds from engine to harness and engine to chassis, though to find the ground points on the wiring diagram is easy, but to then to translate where those points actually are on the car is much harder. you just have to get in there and look around. generally speaking, any wire that is screwed or bolted to metal and is uncovered is a ground wire.