4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I have a question about the 1999 SE "Limited Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have a question about the 1999 SE "Limited Edition"

The one in question is a black on black leather 5spd, "limited edition" the ad says.. but it does not have automatic a/c.. it has manual a/c.. Shouldn't it have it if its fully loaded? Also what else pertains to the limited editions? I think there is a badge right? Is it just the SE badge on the front doors? Also do the 99's have any other problems other than the coil packs? Thanks in advance..
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 AM
Under the radar

The se-l doesnt even have to have leather seats, mine doesnt. Also it has manual climate control. Other maunal things included the seats, and tranny lol. I believe that it has the se-l badging on the doors, and smoked "MAXIMA" badge on the trunk lid. Also i think but not sure on this, but the finish on the wheels is a titanium finish, do not quote me on that though. As for the coils, I've never had a problem in 2 1/2 years. The only complaint i have about my car is its a cali spec, and has precats in the stock exhaust manifolds.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 AM
Sold

yeah, in all the 99's the precats are in the headers... you wont see as much a gain if you install a ypipe only. You'll need to do the cattman headers/y-pipe combo.
All I know is that the coilpacks all go bad sooner or later in the 99's.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:34 AM

i have a 'limited edition'...badge is on the front doors & it had a pinstripe when i got it (someone could have put it on though). i had to replace my coils around 110-115K if i remember correctly. ive had a ton of problems but i think i just got a 'bad seed'....after all, it came from an auction and when i car faxed it after i got it i was the 6th owner.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

The "limited" edition was just a gimmick to get rid of the 4th gen shells and A32 parts that Nissan still had sitting around. You got the gauge faces and wheel finish, and the floormats/badging, but other than that the car could be equipped like a GXE. There was no real rhyme or reason to the options on the SE-Ls.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Under the radar

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
The "limited" edition was just a gimmick to get rid of the 4th gen shells and A32 parts that Nissan still had sitting around. You got the gauge faces and wheel finish, and the floormats/badging, but other than that the car could be equipped like a GXE. There was no real rhyme or reason to the options on the SE-Ls.

Also the SE-L have a little bit of a stiffer suspension setup. Like all se's compared to the GXE and GLE
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Max_Out
Also the SE-L have a little bit of a stiffer suspension setup
But it's no differnt that any other A32 SE.

I also think that's a gimmick. (tighter suspension in the SE)

Sitll handles like a boat on jello.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Under the radar

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
But it's no differnt that any other A32 SE.

I also think that's a gimmick. (tighter suspension in the SE)

Sitll handles like a boat on jello.

right I stated all se's. Thats why i got a suspension set-up FTW!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Also the SE-L have a little bit of a stiffer suspension setup. Like all se's compared to the GXE and GLE
It has SE suspension. Nothing more. And as NmexMAX noted, that is not much of a difference. I BELIEVE that all rear struts were the same, and that all Auto springs were the same. So really, IIRC, the only difference in any A32 suspension was front springs and struts on an SE 5MT.

I know that there are different part numbers, but believe me, there is little- if any- difference in reality. A 5MT I30t (the "SE" version of an I30) handled just like my GLE (auto, duh) when stock. (Yes, the VLSD was different, but the suspension was the same.)
Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Under the radar

Oh 1 more difference is the wheels (16 inch on the SE, and 15's on the GLE and GXE i think.)
Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 AM
dot dot dot ...

Oh 1 more difference is the wheels (16 inch on the SE, and 15's on the GLE and GXE i think.)
Where are you going with this besides left field, or are you headed to the parking lot maybe?

As far as the original thread is concerned with resepct to that last post.
All SE-L's were SE's
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Under the radar

just trying to give out as much info as possible man, no need to get personal.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

just trying to give out as much info as possible man, no need to get personal.
But you are repeating things that I had already said. I know that they raise you smarter than that in FfxCo.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Under the radar

But you are repeating things that I had already said. I know that they raise you smarter than that in FfxCo.

Sorry must of missed it. My apologies. Actually I wasnt raised in fairfax county THANK GOD.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:46 AM
slowest 5-cylinder in the East

<threadjack>
Actually I wasnt raised in fairfax county THANK GOD
WTF is that supposed to mean!? </threadjack>
Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JSMax
yeah, in all the 99's the precats are in the headers... you wont see as much a gain if you install a ypipe only. You'll need to do the cattman headers/y-pipe combo.
All I know is that the coilpacks all go bad sooner or later in the 99's.
I'm pretty sure the precats are still in the Y-pipe just like the 95-98's they didn't change it until 2000

As for the 99SE-L it has a few minor changes but it didn't come out until half way through the model year there for it is a 99.5
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by maxracer
<threadjack> WTF is that supposed to mean!? </threadjack>
It means that that place is overrun with upper class (who often have no class) and lower class, with no real middle class, and that the place is an overpriced money pit with poor roads, overburdened courts, and schooling that thinks that is is better than it really is.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Under the radar

Originally Posted by maxracer
<threadjack> WTF is that supposed to mean!? </threadjack>

Big ole flame fest in here now eh? I moved here in the summer of 05 and again in sept of 06, I hate the traffic, cops (no offense OR disrespect to law enforcement), and the general attitude of the people. So far the only good thing i have found is the maxima community.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wait a second...

It looks to me like Max_Out stated the tire size difference before phenryiv1. He also stated the difference in the wheel finish before phenryiv1. It looks to me like phenryiv1 is the one doing the repeating.

I guess phenryiv1 can kick me if he wants, but he shouldn't just because he was wrong about something.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Lusitania
It looks to me like Max_Out stated the tire size difference before phenryiv1. He also stated the difference in the wheel finish before phenryiv1. It looks to me like phenryiv1 is the one doing the repeating.

I guess phenryiv1 can kick me if he wants, but he shouldn't just because he was wrong about something.
There is no tire size difference, @$$hat. Go ahead and quote where I was "wrong" about something. And about my respose to Max_Out, I was busting his *****.

Anyone from a backwoods, hole-in the earth place like Blacksburg should know their role and shut their hole.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Under the radar

And about my respose to Max_Out, I was busting his *****.

humm seems to happen a lot in the 4th gen section. im staying out of here from now on.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by JSMax
yeah, in all the 99's the precats are in the headers...
Umm...no. Only the 99 cali-spec's had the precat in the front exhaust manifold. Precats in the rear exhaust manifold as well didn't come around until 2002.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
dot dot dot ...

Did you guys forget the thread title, and original post?

humm seems to happen a lot in the 4th gen section. im staying out of here from now on.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

PM me to resolve this- no fear of banning.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:50 AM

as i was sitting in class today, i remembered that when i replaced my vent contol valve (on evap canistor) the service guy said that they sell a lot of them. which means they must be a somewhat common item as well.....just thought youde like to know.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice

Maturity in its finest. I'm from West Virginia if you want to know the truth. I go to school here because I prefer a good engineering school. I think someone is a little jealous. Aren't you from NoVa? Typical attitude. Blacksburg also has about 10,000 more citizens then Morgontown, which you seem to have a thing for, talk about backwoods.

Also, the diameter of the tires are all the same, however the difference in side wall height is what I believe he was referring too.

Try and act a little civil on here from now on. The "know your role" was a little to WWE for me.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
dot dot dot ...

Did you know that the highest FWHP 1999 Maxima is an SEL.

IBphenryiv1cleansitup
Old 03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Maturity in its finest. Try and act a little civil on here from now on. The "know your role" was a little to WWE for me.
Okay, lets take a step back here...You have 2 posts.

You may have "lurked" here before posting, but do you see how my name is more bold than anyone else's? That is because this is my forum. I am the moderator. I am not the moderator because I have been here the longest, or because I know the most, or any other "my-d!ck-is-bigger-than-yours" comparison. I am the moderator because someone made me the moderator. But part of that came from me being here a long time, from me getting along with people, and with me knowing a good deal abotu the vehicle. When you come inhere, with your (now) 2 posts, you don't really have any idea of how I run the place.

BEFORE you joined, we had a long discussion- in the open- where I let guys bust on me for what I was doing right and wrong. I explained that while I am easy-going and relaxed, I still will call people out if they are just downright wrong, or just plain stupid. Most of the guys knwo that it is nothing personal. There are guys on here who i could call any name in the book, or say anything rude about, and they woudl not care- because they 1. don't really care what I think (if I even think that), and 2. know that there is a 99% chance that I am giving them a hard time. I told Max_Out to PM me because I wanted to clear up that I was only joking, and he shared with me some other concerns, which I will be on the lookout for. So me busting on him in the open was not to embarass him or make him feel dumb, but more to knock on his location (where I used to live) and to correct AND clarify some information that was related to the topic.

With you having been here for, oh, aboiut 10 minutes, I don't expect for you to know how I run things. Try making a post like that with some of the other moderators. You'd be getting your Maxima information from another site...

I'm from West Virginia if you want to know the truth. I go to school here because I prefer a good engineering school. I think someone is a little jealous. Aren't you from NoVa? Typical attitude. Blacksburg also has about 10,000 more citizens then Morgontown, which you seem to have a thing for, talk about backwoods.
Did you not see my icon. IT WAS A JOKE. Just like me making fun of Max_Out for being from Fairfax. I have LONG maintained that there is NO difference on one side of the WV/VA border versus the other- except for their differing tax structures and their views on comparative/contributory negligence in civil lawsuits. Both WV and VA could be interchanged for each other- particularly the areas right OUTSIDE of VT and WVU. Beileve me- the rednecks look the same on either side of the line.

I was born in WV (Martinsburg), at 18 I went to undergrad in NC, then at 22 I moved to WVU for my Master's and law school, then I moved to NoVA for 2 years, then back to Martinsburg to raise a family. I drive to Loudoun/Clarke county to work for the Department of Homeland Security. I have never considered myself to be "from" NoVA.

(BTW- if you are an eng student at VT, I commend that- though WVU's eng school is not really a slouch.)

Also, the diameter of the tires are all the same, however the difference in side wall height is what I believe he was referring too.
You maka no of teh sense. Both the SE and the SE-L have a 215-55-16 stock tire size. Nothing about it changes. If he was comparing the 15" GLE/GXE to the SE/SE-L rims, then there would be a difference, but the OP was asking about SE-L distinctions- not the difference between an SE-L and a GXE/GLE.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Oh ;)

Apology Accepted.

Nah just kidding. Max_Out has been my best friend since we were around the age of like 1 month. I was doing the buddy buddy stick up for your friend kind of thing. I read these forums a little, I've helped him work on his car a little to. I'm no super mechanic.

Back to the point. It's a little hard to tell when your joking and when your not is what I'm getting at. You think I don't catch enough hell from people in West Virginia about going here? It really hurt me.

I know how you run your forums, and I know that it's a position of respect on here I suppose. I also saw a picture of your super big arms, so I'm a little worried.

Now that we've said our things, I'll keep quite and let you do your job.

Now here's a pic of something to make us smile.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

I also saw a picture of your super big arms, so I'm a little worried.
Where was that?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Where was that?
Cardomain.com
Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Cardomain.com

There? LOL...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

There? LOL...

AHHHH Take it away!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

^^^^^^^^
Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 PM

Alright guys.... back on topic. This thread located in the stickies includes all the "extra" features on the 99 SE-L. They are the following added to the basic SE trim level:

- "SE Limited" badging by driver and front passenger doors
- Titanium tinted wheels, gauges and "MAXIMA" badging
- Optional Perforated Leather seats (with leather seating package)
- Unique Crimson Blaze Red color as available color selection
- "SE Limited" logo embossed on floor mats & driver and passenger seatbacks

These are the only extras to the SE-L and there were no performance or luxury upgrades. As phenryiv1 said earlier, it was just a "gimmic" to sell the last of the 4th gens.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
dot dot dot ...

Can't for get the emblem.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 99BlackMaxMS
- "SE Limited" badging by driver and front passenger doors
Refering to 2 emblems on the front doors
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
dot dot dot ...

My eyes move faster than my mind.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
My eyes move faster than my mind.
lol no problem
Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

blasphemer!!!! you're just jealous...

Quick Reply: I have a question about the 1999 SE "Limited Edition"