4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Good Fidanza Story. Great Company !!! A+ Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good Fidanza Story. Great Company !!! A+ Customer Service

Alright well I bought my flyhwheel probably about 3 1/2-4 years ago and replaced the friction disk one time about 2 years ago. The Place that I had do the work for my about 2 years ago didnt get the right friction disk sent to him from Fidanza. Well the shop owner needed to take some snap shots of it or fax a trace to the Fidanza to find the right friction disk pattern and send out ASAP to get the car back together. They found the right disk and sent it out.

Now Im doing my motor swap and I bought the Replaceable Friction Flywheel Kit for a 96-01 Nissan Maxima that comes with Two Friction Disks. Well I get the flywheel all taken apart and NEITHER DISK FITS. I was steamed since I bought these MONTHS ahead of time just for this reason, So when I had the car apart, I can have it back without a problem. Ok well I call the company, and speak with a guy named Jeff. I winde up traceing the flywheel disk bolt pattern onto a piece of paper and faxing it over to Jeff. I get a call back next day saying they cant match the old disk to anything they have in stock, and my flywheel was one of ten early protypes for the Maxima. one out of 10 and now They did not have a disk that fit my flywheel !!!!

Jeff Immediatly called a distributor in NY and found a New Flywheel for me, and is having a Brand NEW Flywheel sent to me, NO CHARGE !!! (all i have to do is return my old flywheel to him)

Its great when you see a company stick their head out for you, in times of need. Without Jeff doing this for me, I would be 100% up shi*s creak for a flywheel.

If you need anything from Fidanza,
Call up (404)259-5656,
ask for Jeff and tell them Matt sent you.

-matt
Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 AM

thats great, love it when a company actually tries to help you out. Its to bad that you had to go through all that before though. I hate sitting on the phone with people or sitting there on hold for like an hour, i end up being the biggest *** hole in the world because of it too.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:46 AM

yes fidanza is very helpful when you have errors in shipment. they sent me the wrong flywheel replacement inserts and fed-exd it next day to me when i was changing my clutch and flywheel.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:58 PM

bump this great story UP !!!
Old 08-27-2006, 04:00 PM

Good stuff!...
Old 08-27-2006, 04:13 PM

Great customer service!

Thats what makes a company, they can make mistake and goof up but as long as they treat you right, and help to get a situation resolved especially when they were in the wrong. Glad to hear they helped get your issue resolved to the best of their ability, even with some money loss on their side.

From this story I would buy from them, just knowing that if they messed up, they are willing to help get the problem resolved, unlike other comapnies that will simply ignore customers call/e-mails etc.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:34 PM

i cant say i had to deal with them in the way you just had to. but i can say that they make one h*ll of a product. i have had their flywheel on my chevy for about a year and had to replace the clutch and insert once already (leaving the line on the bottle can be bad). its good to see companies that want to make things right, it brings in more business. its the way every company should operate but as we all know thats not the case.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:09 PM
vsamoylov

great to hear they stick up like that but it would be just perfect if things were done correctly the first time.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
great to hear they stick up like that but it would be just perfect if things were done correctly the first time.
The newer flywheels are fine. Mine was purchased when they first started making them for maxima's and they were different then the ones they make currently. (just the bolt pattern on the friction plate)

-matt