4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

* 10 Reason Why YOU Love Your MAXIMA...Continous Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 12:35 AM
dko
duck and cover

Originally Posted by Apparition
True I miss Ludacris, Airmattdog and some others as well.. I was here reading about 2 years before I got my '98. I think with prices dropping on 4th Gens that the crowd who owns them are getting worse and worse, and in turn so does the 4th Gen forum. wish we could take it back a few years, haha back when Mr. K was in the commercials.

On a side note, I wish I was a moderator I'd do 10x better guaranteed.
yeah, man. i love the 300zx commerical where ken gets owned. i miss the days when dbm clee medic sprint and all the older people were active in the 4th gen forum.

all these 15 year olds that just registered for their permits crowding in here and e-thuggin are getting on my nerves. i'm kind of upset with the mods for being so hands-off about it, too. i'd lock all gas mileage threads, retarded polls and all the other useless waste of space bullshit that seems to crop up more and more every day
Old 08-08-2006, 01:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by tavarish
have you ever seen an s15 silvia, r34 skyline, or even a toyota supra? I could name a bunch other that blow the maxima out of the water in the looks department, not to mention the performance department.
thats your what you think? the maxima looks sick modded! im not in to that ricey look thats why i got a maxima, and how the hell you gonna compare a high priced skyline and a supra to a max . your a dork and 1/2. the max still looks better then a supra to
Old 08-08-2006, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
i used to love my car back in the days. but in the time it took me to modify it to how i wanted it, i got used to it and bored with it. and now that i have 10 grand into it, im basically stuck with it !

currently what i love the most about my car is that its hella unique. wherever i go, i drive a unique car. all the other maximas are bone stock with maybe rims or tint. so i love the fact that its hella unique and something most people have never seen (a heavily moded 4th gen). you see altered g35's bmw's and mustangs on every block, every kid is doin the same thing and they all copyin each other........

and of course without the .org, none of this woulda been possible ! im sure a lot of you guys feel me on this. the rare-ness of a fixed up 4th gen
you hit the nail on the head
Old 08-08-2006, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by bandit18
thats your what you think? the maxima looks sick modded! im not in to that ricey look thats why i got a maxima, and how the hell you gonna compare a high priced skyline and a supra to a max . your a dork and 1/2. the max still looks better then a supra to

ricey look? and thats why u got a maxima? max looks better then a supra?

u must be kiddin

i'll take a supra anyday
Old 08-08-2006, 08:20 AM

It moves and the ladies love it
Old 08-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by dko
yeah, man. i love the 300zx commerical where ken gets owned. i miss the days when dbm clee medic sprint and all the older people were active in the 4th gen forum.

all these 15 year olds that just registered for their permits crowding in here and e-thuggin are getting on my nerves. i'm kind of upset with the mods for being so hands-off about it, too. i'd lock all gas mileage threads, retarded polls and all the other useless waste of space bullshit that seems to crop up more and more every day
damn there should be a sticky about how lame the forum has been getting.. maybe there should be a 3-strike policy and then your i.p. is banned.

but anyways at least we know what a good 4th Gen forum should look like.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:13 AM
on the G coupe bandwagon

I love my Maxima because I've been waiting forever to get one! I just finished buying my Max this morning actually, but I joined the .org back in '02 and followed along even before then (back then I was a brand-new hot on picking up a 3rd gen...ended up with an old jeep, ah well). I'm looking forward to getting to work on the Max this summer and really make it mine, I've got a long ways to go to catch up to my brother's I30. Does anyone have pictures of their rosewood colored 4th gens? I'm trying to get a feel for what looks good on them (ex. smoked clears or no, what kind of rims, etc etc).
Old 08-08-2006, 12:35 PM
dko
duck and cover

Originally Posted by Apparition
damn there should be a sticky about how lame the forum has been getting.. maybe there should be a 3-strike policy and then your i.p. is banned.

but anyways at least we know what a good 4th Gen forum should look like.
nah. no sticky, no warning, just one day the noobs check their accounts and they are all banned. all of their retarded threads are deleted and any trace of their ever having existed on this board wiped from the server
Old 08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
on the G coupe bandwagon

Hmm I haven't been around the .org in the last year or two (didn't need a car during freshman/sophomore year of college). I'm a little concerned that the general consensus seems to be that it's doing nothing but going down hill. Even if that's true, at least there's a wealth of solid information from the past to go over.

More reasons I I love my max: It's a sleeper car. My new baby's stock right now and I don't plan on adding anything flashy to the exterior, so I won't be attracting la policia with my 8' spoiler or flame-red Mustang that you can hear from a mile away. Not many people would be expected a FI Max to pop-up and blow them away.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by dko
nah. no sticky, no warning, just one day the noobs check their accounts and they are all banned. all of their retarded threads are deleted and any trace of their ever having existed on this board wiped from the server
I think I just shed a tear.. Man that would be heaven, literally. thanks for that moment.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:30 PM

funny thread
Old 08-08-2006, 08:18 PM

Likes/d: It's a Nissan, 5MT, luxurious, sporty, reliable (as in starts everyday...), Maxima.org, and it was my first car.

Dislikes: It was a compromise from the getgo. If I had my way, I'd be in a z32 at this moment. Luckily that didn't happen, and I ended up getting my RWD coupe (look to the siggy).

The Maxima does a handful of things well-enough, and it's all been covered before. Quick/sporty/luxurious/reliable/cheap. Unfortunately, it doesn't do any of it exceptionally, and for those who want to move onto a more "focused" car (best way I could put it), the Maxima falls short. For me, I UPGRADED to a car with 2 less doors, 2 less cylinders, manual locks, windows, and mirrors, and is 6 years older, but for myself looking for a performance themed car, this 1990 240sx soon to be turboed fits the bill. I can't wait to get this car running...so far away.

I should add though, after a long night of work/hanging out with friends, I can't complain about the comfort, and the way I can just cruise in this car, trying hard to not hear the rattles.

Apparition: how much did you get the Z for? I got my toy for 5 bills...
Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by BigLou93SE
Apparition: how much did you get the Z for? I got my toy for 5 bills...
6 bills for the N/A except I'm just gonna gonna order a built L28ET intead of putting work into the current engine.. I decided on this in lieu of nothing being sacred anymore, I mean theres always RB's, SR's, VQTT's, but I wanna keep to the originals as much as possible. This Z is gonna be what Mr.K meant it to be.

On a side note, those few extra bills were worth the car telling me in a womans voice that "the door is ajar" haha.

5 bills for that 240 is a good deal and I hope you make it into your dream man.. I respect the KA-T much more than anything else in the 240.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Wild for Width

The Maxima does a handful of things well-enough, and it's all been covered before. Quick/sporty/luxurious/reliable/cheap. Unfortunately, it doesn't do any of it exceptionally, and for those who want to move onto a more "focused" car (best way I could put it), the Maxima falls short. For me, I UPGRADED to a car with 2 less doors, 2 less cylinders, manual locks, windows, and mirrors, and is 6 years older, but for myself looking for a performance themed car, this 1990 240sx soon to be turboed fits the bill.
I would not consider that an upgrade. If you plan on getting into drifting/mountain racing/track racing then perhaps after the car is REWORKED you will have a performance car, but even then it will be alot more money to get the car in good shape. I am not hating on the 240 don't get me wrong I really like them (have considered S14.5 w/RB in the future) but I am sick of people in my area with primered S chassis acting like they have some amazing car.

1.) with the right mods (wheels, paint, drop) they can look good
2.) with the right susp. then can be handling beasts
3.) with the right turbo setup/swap they can be VERY fast

But as it stands if we are looking at spending only a few thousand here and there on parts I don't see the upgrade. A couple local people have SR20 swaps and basic suspension work (all while the car looks awful in primer) and on my coilover setup, with full interior/Bose/sunfoof, none of them could stay with me in the mountains. That's a bolt-on Maxima with no compromises leaving a bunch of clowns in wannabe Initial-D rides in the dust.

That said, I am interested in plans for your build. The S chassis can be made in to one hell of a car but if we are talking about value or "upgrades" besides having RWD the 240 does not have many advantages untill it is setup properly.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:59 AM

1. Its better then Camry
2. it has more tourqe then honda.
3. its looking good.
4. Has alot of room on the back
5. The dash board, ohhh its all about dash board setup
6. The leather
7. i like it when its clean
8. 5speed
9. 3.0L better then 2.2, 1.8 2.2, 2.0, but gas
10 . It is MAXIMA.

dont like

Mods expensive
parts too
but tis worth doin it.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fr33way™
I would not consider that an upgrade. If you plan on getting into drifting/mountain racing/track racing then perhaps after the car is REWORKED you will have a performance car, but even then it will be alot more money to get the car in good shape. I am not hating on the 240 don't get me wrong I really like them (have considered S14.5 w/RB in the future) but I am sick of people in my area with primered S chassis acting like they have some amazing car.

1.) with the right mods (wheels, paint, drop) they can look good
2.) with the right susp. then can be handling beasts
3.) with the right turbo setup/swap they can be VERY fast

But as it stands if we are looking at spending only a few thousand here and there on parts I don't see the upgrade. A couple local people have SR20 swaps and basic suspension work (all while the car looks awful in primer) and on my coilover setup, with full interior/Bose/sunfoof, none of them could stay with me in the mountains. That's a bolt-on Maxima with no compromises leaving a bunch of clowns in wannabe Initial-D rides in the dust.

That said, I am interested in plans for your build. The S chassis can be made in to one hell of a car but if we are talking about value or "upgrades" besides having RWD the 240 does not have many advantages untill it is setup properly.
Wow man, I can't believe that just happened. I just sat here at 1230am, writing for a good 20 minutes about your post, and my computer crashed. Unbelievable. Now I'm sure I'll miss points that I wanted to make etc....

Just to reiterate, I said: "For me, I'm UPGRADING..." I never said, nor believe that everyone will feel the same way, which you have plainly showed.

Since I'm feeling lazy bc of what happened before, I'll keep it simple: The 240sx is the car I want to build, and is the car I've wanted for years. I'm not some F&F wannabe. Bc of my learning experience in my Maxima, my first car, I feel confident I'll be able to build my new car into something that I've always dreamed of, and will enjoy for a LONG time.

My Maxima was my first car, and becuase of that certain things were overlooked when buying the car that I wish I could have gone back and changed (my mother actually went to put a deposit down, after calling me to tell me the car is in PERFECT condition. When I showed up the next day to take delivery, the car was plagued with swirls (the reason I'm a detailing fanatic now) had previous accident damage that wasn't repaired well at all, and the trans was pouring gear oil out of the driverside axle seal like it was it's job when I pulled into my driveway...let's just say we got off on the wrong foot). Not only that, but I've NEVER experienced a driving experience different from my Maxima (I've driven other cars, but there's a certain experience that comes from driving a car daily and modding...that's what I'm talking about), something that you can say you have. I'm not sure of your age, but I know you had at least another car (that Volvo you had before you bought your current car). I'm not sure if you realize I was around back then, but I remember when you first came to the .org. That also tells me I've had more of an opportunity to grow sick of my car.

Anyways, my plan: replace the current engine (or what's left) with a tested/warranteed ka24e, polish the single stage white paint (which is now oxidized and swirled) to perfection, fix the two rust spots on the car, replace the suspension, and most likely brakes, and finish gathering turbo parts. Once that's completed, I'll be ready to tear the car apart again to install the turbo. I'll probably run 220-250rwhp when I'm done (for the time being). I plan to hav ethis done by next August.

Bose isn't that great, I'm not a fan of 4G's leather interior, or seats in general, and my 240sx has a sunroof. Chances are my future sound system in the s13 will be better than my current Bose. Believe me, what you're driving (for the most part), is what I'm giving up: a fully loaded, 5MT, SE. I'm also confident the paint condition of my 240sx will not only be better than my Maximas, but it will also stay pristine for longer (perks of having a white car vs a dark car).

Anyways, I'll pm you to let you know I responded if you don't see this right away, and I'll be back to point out more stuff, but as I said, I'm feeling very lazy since I' lost all I had written before. Check back late this coming week for another reply...I'm going on vacation.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:13 AM

1. becouse its better then walking.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Ichiban King

<insert all that was said here>
yeah the 240 is a great car to mod, just watch out for the cracking dash, extreme rattles, coolant leaks, hatch leaks, man the list goes on.. make sure you replace everything and keep good maintenance. If it was an S14 I would subtract almost every thing I just said but you went with the S13 (better looking in my opinion, mini corvette-esque) but more problems for a slew of reasons.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sy0p
1. becouse its better then walking.

amen.................
Old 08-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Donating i30 Owner

1. i can use the max parts on my i30
2. great motor (feel wise)
3. miles per gal.
4. torque-y
5. driver saftey in accidents

im at work.. its 2:30 am.. cant think anymore..
Old 08-14-2006, 04:15 AM

My top 10.

1) Very Reliable.
2) Not many modded around here.
3) Easy to work on for the most part.
4) Roomy.
5) pretty fast for a stock 4,200lb car.
6) Girls love the slammed maxima's(at least mine)
7) Parts are easy to find.
8) Its
9) A
10) Maxima!
Old 08-14-2006, 11:30 AM

1. It doesn't talk back
2. I give it some money and it's happy for a while
3. It makes me smile everytime I see it
4. I'm constantly getting 24-26 miles to the gallon
5. It has power when I need it
6. It's nice and roomy
7. VQ engine
8. Fun to work on and mod
9. It doesn't get mad at me if I neglect it
10. It's a maxima
Old 08-14-2006, 03:08 PM

1. Rated best engine 11 years in a row.
2. Responds good to bolt on mods.
3. I30 T LSD tranny in my case (swapped).
4. Great on gas mileage 20-25 city, low 30ish on the highway.
5. Roomy.
6. Best looking 4 door from its time in my opinion.
7. Looks like its worth three times as much it really is.
8. Reliability like a *****.
9. Handling (K-sports, stillen strut bar, polyutherane almost everything)
10. Braking (4 way abs, goodridge brake lines, stillen cross drilled rotors etc..)

Top 5 things I hate:
1. Wishbone suspension
2. FWD
3. Comes with out LSD from the factory(A32)
4. Resale value (even though I'm not selling it)
5. Ok, there is only 4 things that I don't like.